Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:

@silvermouse said:
    The high tops, which are gold and emblazoned with a "T" on the outside of each shoe, are called the "Never Surrender High Top Sneaker" and are priced at $399 online. The athletic shoes, which feature a "T" and the number 45 on the sides are priced at $199.

The purchase of a pair of sneakers comes with extra laces and a Trump “superhero charm.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-launches-sneaker-line-rcna139334

Rumor has it....progressives and the uber left are losing what is remaining of their decaying brain cells over these. It's a feature, not a flaw!

So when do you get your pair? 😂

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@Stubble said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Stubble said:

@silvermouse said:
    The high tops, which are gold and emblazoned with a "T" on the outside of each shoe, are called the "Never Surrender High Top Sneaker" and are priced at $399 online. The athletic shoes, which feature a "T" and the number 45 on the sides are priced at $199.

The purchase of a pair of sneakers comes with extra laces and a Trump “superhero charm.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-launches-sneaker-line-rcna139334

Rumor has it....progressives and the uber left are losing what is remaining of their decaying brain cells over these. It's a feature, not a flaw!

So when do you get your pair? 😂

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1

The White House Warns Cars Made in China Could Unleash Chaos on US Highways

"They also build on evidence that as cars have become increasingly computerized, and connected to the internet, vehicles have become vulnerable to new security threats. Hackers have shown it is possible to disable internet-connected vehicles from afar. Automated driving systems and internet connectivity have added cameras and other sensors to vehicles, and can also make them mobile repositories of personal information."

https://www.wired.com/story/china-cars-national-security-threat-investigation/?bxid=61fdc059fcbc2e5ef52999c5&cndid=68507724&esrc=profile-page&source=Email_0_EDT_WIR_NEWSLETTER_0_DAILY_ZZ&utm_brand=wired&utm_campaign=aud-dev&utm_content=WIR_Daily_022924&utm_mailing=WIR_Daily_022924&utm_medium=email&utm_source=nl&utm_term=WIR_Daily_Active

• Options

As Chevy Camaro thefts skyrocket more than 1000% in L.A., police unlock a secret of car thieves

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chevy-camaro-thefts-skyrocket-more-033626959.html

• Options
    edited March 1

The mayor's kid? Or maybe had info on higher ups? Or is this an equal opportunity leniency.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or just put juveniles in regular prison for their crimes

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

WILMINGTON, Delaware, March 1 (Reuters) - The lawyers who voided Elon Musk's $56 billion compensation as excessive on Friday sought a record a $6 billion legal fee, payable in the electric car maker's stock.
    "We recognize that the requested fee is unprecedented in terms of absolute size," the three law firms said in a filing with the Court of Chancery in Delaware.
    The fee works out to an hourly rate of $288,888, they said.

-Reuters

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2

@silvermouse said:
    I think that if the law was that a juvenile's parents faced jail time delinquency might decrease.

I tend to agree that the law needs to lean on parents as well but……Imagine the “outrage” reserved for the judge willing to jail a low income single mother if her child stole a car and she wasn’t actually in on the crime? I doubt it would ever go down like that. Therefore an empty threat of punishment for dear old Mom will not alone be enough deterrent to keep little Johnny on the straight and narrow. Or are we talking about using a means-tested system that allows for more harshly punishing parents of greater privilege? Show of hands?

• Options

@Bob_Luken said:

@silvermouse said:
    I think that if the law was that a juvenile's parents faced jail time delinquency might decrease.

I tend to agree that the law needs to lean on parents as well but……Imagine the “outrage” reserved for the judge willing to jail a low income single mother if her child stole a car and she wasn’t actually in on the crime? I doubt it would ever go down like that. Therefore an empty threat of punishment for dear old Mom will not alone be enough deterrent to keep little Johnny on the straight and narrow. Or are we talking about using a means-tested system that allows for more harshly punishing parents of greater privilege? Show of hands?

Please explain "greater privilege."

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:

@Bob_Luken said:

Please explain "greater privilege."

I’m using the term to mock people who use the term.

Good enough explanation?

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@silvermouse said:

Things were a lot different when you could take a belt to your kids Azz for stuff like that without fear of being arrested for hurting his/her feelings

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:

@Diver43 said:

@Bob_Luken said:

@silvermouse said:

Things were a lot different when you could take a belt to your kids Azz for stuff like that without fear of being arrested for hurting his/her feelings

I was not aware I couldn't do this

Mine sure got it when needed. I was severely abused by a step parent when young, so was always careful to never discipline when angry. There is a huge difference.

Example: I was in line in Publix grocery store. Behind me I heard a lady say, not today, I had to put groceries back. The young girl said Mom it's only a F___ing candy bar. Crack, mom slapped the girl and said never talk like that. Before you knew it, the off duty police officer had the lady in handcuffs. Not sure if what happened as I checked out and departed , but saw nothing the mom did as wrong. Society has vilified discipline. A big part of what wrong with young people today

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

Our own worst enemy, other people. What's wrong with us?

National Guard and State Police Will Patrol the Subways and Check Bags
    Gov. Kathy Hochul, amid a series of violent crimes on the subway, said she would deploy 1,000 members of the State Police and National Guard to the transit system.

• Options

Microplastics linked to serious health risks
    A landmark study of more than 200 people undergoing surgery found that nearly 60% had microplastics in fatty plaques lining their arteries. Those who did were 4.5 times more likely to experience a heart attack, stroke or death in the 3 years after their surgery than those whose arteries were plastic-free. The study comes at a pivotal moment for a global treaty to eliminate plastic pollution, first proposed in 2022, and intended to be finalized by the end of 2024. “This will be the launching pad for further studies across the world to corroborate, extend and delve into the degree of the risk that micro- and nanoplastics pose,” says physician-scientist Robert Brook.

Nature | 5 min read
    Reference: New England Journal Medicine paper

• Options

Making it up on social media:

Photographer steps inside Vietnam’s shadowy ‘click farms’

“If you only digest a diet of that, it’s a matter of time you become diabetically conspiratorial,” he said. “The spreading of disinformation is the worst thing. It happens in your pocket, not newspapers, and it’s terrifying that it’s tailored to your kind of neurosis.”

https://www.cnn.com/style/vietnam-farms-jack-latham-beggars-honey/index.html

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to wonder if they meant "diabolically" instead of "diabetically"?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@silvermouse said:
    Making it up on social media:

Photographer steps inside Vietnam’s shadowy ‘click farms’

“If you only digest a diet of that, it’s a matter of time you become diabetically conspiratorial,” he said. “The spreading of disinformation is the worst thing. It happens in your pocket, not newspapers, and it’s terrifying that it’s tailored to your kind of neurosis.”

https://www.cnn.com/style/vietnam-farms-jack-latham-beggars-honey/index.html

CNN: Behind the News.

• Options

Ever wonder where all those phones traded in on the latest and greatest end up?