Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8

@silvermouse said:
    Ever wonder where all those phones traded in on the latest and greatest end up?

Langley/Beijing no doubt. Scary shiit.

ETA: Africa too.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first immune-cell therapy for solid tumours, Iovance Biotherapeutics’ lifileucel, has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration. At least 20 people with advanced melanoma will receive the treatment, which uses cancer-killing immune cells extracted from a person’s own tumour. Researchers hope that the approval will pave the way for cheaper versions —

**lifileucel costs more than half a million dollars **

— as well as similar therapies for other cancers, including lung and pancreatic tumours.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Automakers Are Telling Your Insurance Company How You Really Drive

Insurance companies have long offered discounts to drivers who'll carry GPS devices or download smartphone apps that track their driving habits. But when wary drivers refuse, insurers find other ways of monitoring their driving. Data brokers like LexisNexus are buying people's car data directly from manufacturers, such as General Motors, which are making a killing by selling it off. This data is then used to create “risk” scores for individual drivers, which insurance providers use to set premiums. The businesses claim the data-sharing is consensual, but most drivers have no idea what's happening. Drivers whose risk scores are shared with insurance providers often see their monthly insurance payments skyrocket.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

All my current vehicles were purchased used and I'm sure I signed no privacy or data agreements with the manufacturer.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's part of GMs OnStar.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

"Trump Media generated just $3.4 million of revenue through the first nine months of last year, according to filings. The company lost $49 million over that span.

And yet the market is valuing Trump Media at approximately $13 billion."

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/26/markets/trump-media-stock-truth-social/index.html

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you think these fúck heads are Wishing for death yet?

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options

The guy in the middle was forced to eat his own ear after they cut it off. The agent who did it then auctioned off the knife used and make thousands of dollars.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    The guy in the middle was forced to eat his own ear after they cut it off. The agent who did it then auctioned off the knife used and make thousands of dollars.

WHAT?

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options

@Stubble said:

@Usaf06 said:

WHAT?

You fúck around in Russia, you find out.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

Ozempic maker Novo Nordisk facing pressure as study finds $1,000 appetite suppressant can be made for just $5

https://fortune.com/europe/2024/03/28/ozempic-maker-novo-nordisk-facing-pressure-as-study-finds-1000-appetite-suppressant-can-be-made-for-just-5/

• Options

Total remuneration for NOVO’s Executive Management amounted to DKK 318.3M (about $46.0M) for 2023, an increase of ~22% from a year ago.

In 2023, Novo (NVO) reported DKK 232.3B (~$33.5B) in total sales with a ~31% YoY growth driven by its diabetes and obesity care franchise, where its popular weight loss therapy Wegovy added DKK 31.3B ($4.5B) with a 407% YoY growth.

• Options

It's not so much what it costs to make but what people are willing to pay for the product. Look at iPhone and Samsung galaxy phones.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29

It’s not what we are willing to pay if the entire market is adjusted. They made high prices the “new normal” and we are thus forced to accept it, case in point, cars and as mentioned cell phones in general.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

so many thoughts....................

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/att-now-says-data-breach-impacted-51-million-customers/

When threat actor ShinyHunters first listed the AT&T data for sale in 2021, the company told BleepingComputer that the collection did not belong to them and that their systems had not been breached.

Last month, when another threat actor known as 'MajorNelson' leaked the entire dataset on the hacking forum, AT&T once again told BleepingComputer that the data did not originate from them and their systems were not breached.

After BleepingComputer confirmed that the data belonged to AT&T and DirectTV accounts, and TechCrunch reported AT&T passcodes were in the data dump, AT&T finally confirmed that the data belonged to them.

While the leak contained information for more than 70 million people, AT&T is now saying that it impacted a total of 51,226,382 customers.

"The [exposed] information varied by individual and account, but may have included full name, email address, mailing address, phone number, social security number, date of birth, AT&T account number and AT&T passcode," reads the notification.

• Options

In an attempt to banish Western cultural influences, authorities in the Republic of Chechnya are banning music they deem too fast or too slow.

The Chechen Ministry of Culture formally announced the new musical restrictions on April 3, specifying that all musical, vocal, and choreographic works are now required to correspond to a tempo of 80 to 116 beats per minute (BPM) to “conform to the Chechen mentality and sense of rhythm.”

• Options
  • Options

Can you imagine the chaos if they tried that here?

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Can you imagine the chaos if they tried that here?

They'd have to disarm the population first.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.