Home Non Cigar Related

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

That smaller one retails for 89.00 each and the other one is 59.00 so smallbatch is gouging a bit. Even I passed on the flagship versions both years.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

10 in the clip, one in the cllt.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

well this could explain why I and some others developed pmr disease a week after getting the Pfizer covid vax.

One in four who had Pfizer Covid jabs experienced unintended immune response

"
    It was thought the minor tweak to uridine caused no problems in cells, but a team of researchers at the University of Cambridge’s Medical Research Council (MRC) Toxicology Unit have now found when this partially synthetic code is read, the protein-making machine in the body sometimes struggles with the uridine analogues.

Because it is not a perfect fit for what is expected, there can be a momentary pause which causes the process to stutter and a letter in the code can get skipped, much like a bike slipping a gear.

This process, called frameshifting, throws out the way the code is interpreted as it relies on groups of three bases, known as codons, being read in the right order.

This issue, caused by the jab’s code, throws the process completely out of sync and the entire subsequent code becomes garbled.

In the case of the Covid jabs, the end result is a nonsensical and harmless protein, the team found, which the body attacks and leads to an immune system flare-up. The new study, published in Nature, found this occurred in around 25-30 per cent of people."

https://news.yahoo.com/more-one-four-had-mrna-171724613.html

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    well this could explain why I and some others developed pmr disease a week after getting the Pfizer covid vax.

One in four who had Pfizer Covid jabs experienced unintended immune response

"
    It was thought the minor tweak to uridine caused no problems in cells, but a team of researchers at the University of Cambridge’s Medical Research Council (MRC) Toxicology Unit have now found when this partially synthetic code is read, the protein-making machine in the body sometimes struggles with the uridine analogues.

Because it is not a perfect fit for what is expected, there can be a momentary pause which causes the process to stutter and a letter in the code can get skipped, much like a bike slipping a gear.

This process, called frameshifting, throws out the way the code is interpreted as it relies on groups of three bases, known as codons, being read in the right order.

This issue, caused by the jab’s code, throws the process completely out of sync and the entire subsequent code becomes garbled.

In the case of the Covid jabs, the end result is a nonsensical and harmless protein, the team found, which the body attacks and leads to an immune system flare-up. The new study, published in Nature, found this occurred in around 25-30 per cent of people."

https://news.yahoo.com/more-one-four-had-mrna-171724613.html

This is the sort of thing that helps along my general distrust of vaccines. Especially ones that are rushed into production.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

See Executive Orders

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doing a simple ‘yoga’ search on Amazon and this is one of the intermittent pop up adds scrolling through the results.

Is this a sign???🤔🤔

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    Doing a simple ‘yoga’ search on Amazon and this is one of the intermittent pop up adds scrolling through the results.

Is this a sign???🤔🤔

Rusty claims all ads are targeted, but....
    Let's back up one spot..... Yoga? WTF?
    Now let's move ahead two spots....
    Does this mean that scruffy crotch hairs
    poke through the thin fabric of yoga pants?
    So they expect you to need a trimming?

according to Wired magazine:

Ad Firm Claims It Can Actually Listen to Phones and Smart Speakers' Mics

The notion that your iPhone or Amazon Echo is quietly listening to your conversations has long been one of the most paranoid suspicions of all technology users—bolstered, of course, by the targeted ads that are often so accurate that they seem to be pulled directly from verbal conversations. This week, that suspicion finally became more than an urban legend when 404 Media reported on an advertising company actively claiming that it can eavesdrop on conversations via those kinds of devices. The company, **** Media Group, (CMG) brags in its marketing materials that it's already offering the technique to clients and “the ROI is already impressive.” It lists Amazon, Microsoft, and Google as alleged customers. But 404 Media couldn't verify if the technique works as advertised—an enormous “if”—and CMG didn't respond to 404 Media's request for comment.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    The company, **** Media Group, (CMG)

🤔

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
    edited December 2023

Lol, the censorbot checks every word....
    That was Côx Media Group

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/active-listening-marketers-smartphones-ad-targeting-****-media-group-1235841007/

“It’s True. Your Devices Are Listening to You,” said a page on the CMG Local Solutions site, which has since been pulled down. “With Active Listening, CMG can now use voice data to target your advertising to the EXACT people you are looking for.”

In a Nov. 28 blog post (which also has been deleted), CMG Local Solutions said its “Active Listening” technology can pick up conversations to provide local advertisers a weekly list of consumers who are in the market for a given product or service. Example it cited of what Active Listening can detect included “Do we need a bigger vehicle?”; “I feel like my lawyer is **** me”; and “It’s time for us to get serious about buying a house.”

According to CMG, it can customize a campaign “to listen for any keywords/targets relevant to your business.” The result, the company claimed, is “Advertising efficiency and timing taken to a new level.”

“Imagine a world where you can read minds. One where you know the second someone in your area is concerned about mold in their closet, where you have access to a list of leads who are unhappy with their current contractor, or know who is struggling to pick the perfect fine dining restaurant to propose to their discerning future fiancé,” CMG Local Solutions said in the blog post. “This is a world where no pre-purchase murmurs go unanalyzed, and the whispers of consumers become a tool for you to target, retarget, and conquer your local market.”

The blog post and related pages on CMG Local Solutions’ website have been removed but an archived version is available. News about the company’s Active Listening program was previously reported by 404 Media.

In a statement released Friday, **** Media Group said that its businesses “do not listen to any conversations or have access to anything beyond a third-party aggregated, anonymized and fully encrypted data set that can be used for ad placement.”

@Bob_Luken said:

Is this a sign???🤔🤔

@Bob_Luken said:

Is this a sign???🤔🤔

@Bob_Luken i will let you know so you can make an informed decision on your yoga pants purchase 🤣🤣

@silvermouse said:
    according to Wired magazine:

Ad Firm Claims It Can Actually Listen to Phones and Smart Speakers' Mics

The notion that your iPhone or Amazon Echo is quietly listening to your conversations has long been one of the most paranoid suspicions of all technology users—bolstered, of course, by the targeted ads that are often so accurate that they seem to be pulled directly from verbal conversations. This week, that suspicion finally became more than an urban legend when 404 Media reported on an advertising company actively claiming that it can eavesdrop on conversations via those kinds of devices. The company, **** Media Group, (CMG) brags in its marketing materials that it's already offering the technique to clients and “the ROI is already impressive.” It lists Amazon, Microsoft, and Google as alleged customers. But 404 Media couldn't verify if the technique works as advertised—an enormous “if”—and CMG didn't respond to 404 Media's request for comment.

Pretty sure my phone only picked up the buzzing sound muffled only by the weed whacking sounds 🤣🤣

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken i will let you know so you can make an informed decision on your yoga pants purchase 🤣🤣

Also the ballz trimmer? Let me know.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ It would be interesting to see another graph showing the average MSRP of new cars in the same timeframe. This graph, showing transactions, may simply show that people are willing to spend more.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to relate to car prices as the only car I've ever owned was a 57 Chevy convertible when I was a senior in high school. I've always had motorcycles or trucks. I know that trucks are high dollar these days.