Home Non Cigar Related

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rt 3 was backed up all the way to Weymouth. Slow going.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

I could post "The Cape Traffic" in the things I hate

I just watched some rich old white guy, wearing a MAGA hat, being pushed through the airport by an old black man. I would say they were roughly the same age. I wish I could've snapped the photo quick enough.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sacramento City Attorney Threatens Target it Will Face Fines for Reporting Retail Theft ‘Nuisance Calls’

https://californiaglobe.com/fl/sacramento-city-attorney-threatens-target-it-will-face-fines-for-reporting-retail-theft-nuisance-calls/

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

More police, an amti-theft division, but the tax-payers wouldn't like that.....

• HawksHawks Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭

My disagree. Small and large retail businesses alike are closing down, in no small part, due to the reduction of retail theft. The individual occurrences may be small but the numbers add up to large losses. The vagrants, drug use, and crime are huge, contentious topics out here.

Nolite Oblivisci Peniculus Dentes

edited July 10

I will just ask the question, but understand I do believe theft is theft no matter the dollar amount. Whether that be one cent or $100. Should a large retailer call the police if somebody steals a pack of Pokémon cards valued at four dollars? Should we have a dollar amount on the product or products Before calling the police? Not that I know anything about retail…

Are you willing to then be ok and accept if you and everybody else on the road is pulled over for doing 21 miles per hour in a 20 mile an hour speed limit zone? At 21 miles an hour, you are still breaking the law. And there is nobody on this forum that has never sped in their life So please don't respond "well I don't speed!" Because you do and you have. And please also don't respond with well.....One company is protecting their profit and product because the other one is protecting your life.

I'm also going to give it to Frank....to do this speech to text BS is awful and tedious. Frank, you are a much better man than I am.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hawks said:
    My disagree. Small and large retail businesses alike are closing down, in no small part, due to the reduction of retail theft prosecutions. The individual occurrences may be small but the numbers add up to large losses. The vagrants, drug use, and crime are huge, contentious topics out here.

FIFY

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

Not talking about a $4 item.

From the article I posted...

"Proposition 47, passed by tragically misinformed voters in 2014, and flagrantly titled “The Safe Neighborhoods and Schools Act” by then-Attorney General Kamala Harris, reduced a host of felonies to misdemeanors, including drug crimes, date rape, and all thefts under $950, even for repeat offenders who steal every day. "

@Vision

I changed my LOL to a WTF cause that is a ridiculous analogy you provided in your edit. A traffic infraction v. felony theft.

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision …long winded analogies as usual, my friend. I do see where you’re going. However, I find you to be a very intelligent person (I’m gonna hear it from the forum on that note 😂😂). In the grand scheme…You know as well as anyone, laws are in place as general public deterrence from acting or engaging in breaking those laws. Much like parenting, you put in place laws for your child to shape and mold him into a responsible and contributing person and citizen within the community. Instead, perhaps, we should hold our elected officials accountable and responsible for enacting laws that makes sense to the community populous they represent…AND…then back the enforcement of said laws. Exceptions, sure. Exceptions then need to be reevaluated and amendments made to existing laws that reflect what people deem acceptable or appropriate in said society.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    @Vision …long winded analogies as usual, my friend. I do see where you’re going. However, I find you to be a very intelligent person (I’m gonna hear it from the forum on that note 😂😂). In the grand scheme…You know as well as anyone, laws are in place as general public deterrence from acting or engaging in breaking those laws. Much like parenting, you put in place laws for your child to shape and mold him into a responsible and contributing person and citizen within the community. Instead, perhaps, we should hold our elected officials accountable and responsible for enacting laws that makes sense to the community populous they represent…AND…then back the enforcement of said laws. Exceptions, sure. Exceptions then need to be reevaluated and amendments made to existing laws that reflect what people deem acceptable or appropriate in said society.

And really all I read is the form thinks I'm an idiot. Good to know and I'll take that in consideration.

I love how everybody glosses over the fact that i said I agree with what you're saying. I don't have the testicular fortitude to put down a Frank style of lengthy post. You know where I am most nights and if you'd like to debate large retail and how we handle shrink by all means hit me up.

@Vision what is shrink??? 🤪

@Stubble said:
    @Vision

I changed my LOL to a WTF cause that is a ridiculous analogy you provided in your edit. A traffic infraction v. felony theft.

I could be wrong, but isn't it up to the state to determine what is felony theft? You're saying $950 like that's a daily occurrence for every business I would more assume that most businesses l Lose that paperwork shrink andmissed managed time. I've been listening to this for 20 years, my friend. I do understand how shrink and theft works from the retail side

Someday, I will come to possess the intellect to debate @Vision and @VegasFrank Until then, I will hide behind my keyboard and lob pot shots.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10

Ok ok…big edit because I can’t shut up.

First problem. The article above states that the Attorney General created an Act and reduced crimes. This in of itself is the problem and it’s a major problem with every form of government in this country. Checks and balances.
    An Attorney General in no way shape nor form has the right or authority to change or make laws. The statutes of each state determine what offenses are felonies and which are not. They are voted on by legislators and passed. Not done by an individual. The fact that this was allowed to happen is ridiculous to begin with.
    Next, if there are police officers complaining I’m guessing it’s because pantywaste judges and ATTORNEY GENERALS are not doing their damn jobs and prosecuting the crimes the way the statutes say they should. So the officers see their work as being useless when it doesn’t come to fruition.

And no Pete, no one thinks you’re an idiot. And if they do, well…

I had something typed up that was snide and douche, but I'll just give you our definition.

Our definition of shrink is the loss of profit, product or time.

@Stubble said:
    @Vision

My point was that a law being broken is a law being broken. Stealing a dime is still stealing do you consider it as severe is stealing $20,000?

Someday, I will come to possess the intellect to debate @Vision and @VegasFrank Until then, I will hide behind my keyboard and lob pot shots.

Ohh stop... He who controls the emotion wins the debate.

OK, the more I think about this…… I think you guys are seeing it from the way the law is written and I'm seeing it from how retail corporations operate. And I am talking ....very large corporate operations. Now I'm just confused

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

I had something typed up that was snide and douche, but I'll just give you our definition.

Our definition of shrink is the loss of profit, product or time.

Or just getting out of the pool.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.

@Stubble said:

Sacramento City Attorney Threatens Target it Will Face Fines for Reporting Retail Theft ‘Nuisance Calls’

https://californiaglobe.com/fl/sacramento-city-attorney-threatens-target-it-will-face-fines-for-reporting-retail-theft-nuisance-calls/

People should not be allowed to steal. There...better?

@Stubble said:

@Stubble said:

People should not be allowed to steal. There...better?

Yes! And those who do should be prosecuted.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

So that's why I've been seeing these posts.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@Vision said:

@Stubble said:
    @Vision

My point was that a law being broken is a law being broken. Stealing a dime is still stealing do you consider it as severe is stealing $20,000?

Intent….

Stealing is stealing.

It’s a mindset I don’t understand or care to understand, no matter the amount.

Not debating you but I can’t get past the act of stealing. I cannot justify an acceptable limit.

If you caught your son stealing, apply any amount of value, I think you would handle it the same, regardless, of the amount. Does that make sense?

edited July 10

@Vision said:

@Stubble said:
    @Vision

Intent….

Stealing is stealing.

It’s a mindset I don’t understand or care to understand, no matter the amount.

Not debating you but I can’t get past the act of stealing. I cannot justify an acceptable limit.

If you caught your son stealing, apply any amount of value, I think you would handle it the same, regardless, of the amount. Does that make sense?

And that's where I think the confusion lies on my part because I agree with you on that. And I'm looking at it as well from the point of both the local government and the corporation where they may think at what point is it worth it to us to go after these criminals? I'm also thinking how much does going after every single criminal who steals anything cost state to prosecute? The cops are paid by taxpayer money, the prosecutors are paid by taxpayer dollars, the clerks, the judges,…… I guess I'm just thinking there has to be a line that makes business sense for both corporation and government… Am I wrong and thinking that correctly?