Home Cigar 101
Options

Making own Cigars

Comments

• Options
    El_FumadorEl_Fumador Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some more with mixed fillers. 5ish X 40.

httpsiimgurcomLECSqyhjpg

tobacco, roll with it.  Marc L
  • Options

..close but, no cigar. .. not really. had to use a binder on the last one.

httpsiimgurcom2905ZZQjpg

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping to dive in this weekend.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I'm hoping to dive in this weekend.
    Do it on the Vherf .. 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    I'll be doing it in front of @webmost's video instructions.  I imagine watching me will be like watching a badly painted room dry.
  • Options
    CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    So I might’ve just made a mistake, but in the attempt to better understand and appreciate cigars, I’m going to try and do some rolling. I’ll post all of my (inevitably terrible) results, and (hopefully positive) progression
  • Options
    Jump in, you show me yours and I'll show you mine!
  • Options
    Soon as the leaf arrives I’ll get to rolling. We’ll have to do some trading and comparing notes
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else wants to try, I'm your candyman.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Steming habano wrappers. Pizza cutter works well.
    Habano wrapped 50x5 with pigtail. they are a little wrinkled but they smoke just fine. Some wrapper are thick and some are thin. the thick ones are difficult to wrap smooth. The thin ones as long as they have tensile strength can be stretched and wrapped smoother.  The humidity is the key. Filler needs to be kind of dry some cracking but no crumbling. The binder needs to be a little more flexible and a little more wet. The wrapper needs to be more wet than the binder but not soaked.  I can do a Cuban triple cap but the pig tails are faster and  work fine. For med body omit the ligero.
    Can’t wait to try this!
  • Options
    @El_Fumador how long have you been making your own sticks? They always look great
  • Options
    @El_Fumador please keep them coming! 
  • Options
    httpsiimgurcompHmYOGAjpg
  • Options
    Last weeks 5x48's with assorted viso, seco, and ligero, Dominican binders, and Bezuki, Habano and Maduro wrappers. Learning to bunch and wrap your own cigars is fun!!! It takes a while to learn but grabbing a few tobacco leaves and rolling a decent smoke is like magic .
    How long have you been at it? Those all look great
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I expect I have been rolling for 3 or 4 years. I can blame my rolling my own smokes on a insidious biker who stopped overnight at my studio while on a long road trip. The  guy had bought a starter kit and had it shipped to my address.  I got knee up in prepping leaves, bunching, and wrapping. So I monkey see monkey do and I rolled one up, struck a match, and smoked my first home rolled.
    Thanks Davis, aka @Webmost
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this.
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    Thanks for posting this.
    I’m not hiding my ineptitude lol want to show an accurate representation of my progress. And if that means embarrassing first tries, so be it
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    look like the ones I used to roll, 
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigarsonist ... You're driving up to Muletown, aren't you?  Bama ain't that far. Throw some leaf in the trunk. Maybe we can sit down somewheres for an hour or so and have a how to session. I'm hoping the weather tones down a bit. That's a long damn murdersickle ride for as cold as it's been here lately. I don't mind a cold ride; but 900 miles may be too much of a good thing; & I don't see the point in going if I can't ride a murdersickle there. Nevertheless, I can pack up a few leaves and such in the panniers. I even have a spare mold I can lay on you. I think Rodger passed it to me. Might be all you need is a kick start to get hooked on rolling.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)