Comments

• Options
    CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take 2 

think theres some progress there
  • Options
    webmost said:
    Cigarsonist ... You're driving up to Muletown, aren't you?  Bama ain't that far. Throw some leaf in the trunk. Maybe we can sit down somewheres for an hour or so and have a how to session. I'm hoping the weather tones down a bit. That's a long damn murdersickle ride for as cold as it's been here lately. I don't mind a cold ride; but 900 miles may be too much of a good thing; & I don't see the point in going if I can't ride a murdersickle there. Nevertheless, I can pack up a few leaves and such in the panniers. I even have a spare mold I can lay on you. I think Rodger passed it to me. Might be all you need is a kick start to get hooked on rolling.

I’ll be there brother. And I’d love that. I obviously need it hahaha. I’m probably just going to be there Saturday and drive back that night. Like I said, I’m not giving up on it. Gotta start somewhere
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I get in on this session if I pack some leaf too?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll bring what I can fit in the saddlebags. 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    I think I’m making some real progress here in the rolling aspect. The Connecticut on the bottom has the hand feel of a real cigar. Very tight with just a little give to it. Still have to figure out caps but for the time being I’m happy with how I’m progressing
  • Options
    outstanding
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Thanks for posting this.
    I’m not hiding my ineptitude lol want to show an accurate representation of my progress. And if that means embarrassing first tries, so be it
    ...looks fine to me...
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Yakster said:
    Thanks for posting this.
    I’m not hiding my ineptitude lol want to show an accurate representation of my progress. And if that means embarrassing first tries, so be it
    ...looks fine to me...
    It is a marathon not a sprint. Good luck. 
  • Options
    El_FumadorEl_Fumador Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭✭

more scrap wrapper

httpsiimgurcomyNvUCQTjpg

tobacco, roll with it.  Marc L
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    El Fumador, what style do you bunch? There are a lot of different methods of bunching.I  just wanted to know which one you use.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys should make it possible for us non talented people to buy some of your products. Probably been said before I bet.......
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    You guys should make it possible for us non talented people to buy some of your products. Probably been said before I bet.......

We live in a preposterously over-regulated society
    ... or as the anthem goes...
    O'er the La-and of the monitored, and the home of the circumspect.
    Play Ball!

• Options
    El Fumador, what style do you bunch? There are a lot of different methods of bunching.I  just wanted to know which one you use.
    Mostly estrujado.
    Sometimes estrujado using entubado with the ligero in the center.
    Sometimes entubado.
    Medium filler sticks get utilized with long fillers.

• Options
    El Fumador, thanks for the reply. As you see from my post above  I use mostly entubado but I'm going to learn estrujado. 
  • Options
    Habano wrapper cut and ready to wrap. I will use the part in the center to wrap and the inner leaf on the right for a binder. I wrap on stone as the leaf will stick to the stone.  The photo is burning one of my sticks.  
  • Options
    That's a super kewl box!

• Options
    I've always wanted one but, they were never the right price till now.
  • Options

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    New going for $120 or so. these do show some press marking on the top. will not effect operation.. these may go as high as $70 + shipping.
  • Options

these are sure popular.. who is winning?
  • Options
    httpsiimgurcomE6ToxKijpg
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SharP BeautifulL worK EF.....
  • Options
    httpsiimgurcompew2i3ojpg
    httpsiimgurcomPnhD3vxjpg
  • Options

48 X 5-ish From the center. Cibao Criollo 98 Ligero,  Criollo Viso, Rene, and mata fina fillers. Cibao seco and Mata Fina binders, criollo 98 wrappers and, some candela / Corojo Oscuro double wrapps w/ closed feet.