Home Non Cigar Related

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrShrek said:
    Just hunkered down waiting out a tornado warning.

You good, Shrek? My sister in Murfreesboro said one passed about a mile from her house. Hope all is OK.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

The job's not finished until the paperwork's done.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

My carport blew over my privacy fence this morning due to the high winds. Luckily, it caught a bit on the fence and stopped a few feet short of smashing into my neighbors truck. The frame of the carport is bent to heck. It was still far to windy to even attempt lifting it back over the fence while in one piece, so I disassembled it where it was and stored everything away.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Dang, not saying you're lucky but that could have been a lot worse.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@Yakster said:
    Dang, not saying you're lucky but that could have been a lot worse.

Someone was certainly smiling down on me.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you are on the mend Rodger

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a vape/cigar shop going into the building attached to my buddy's coffee shop I'm curious to see what they actually pull off. They wanted my company to come inspect the hvac stuff and ended up not having us do it because our inspect fee was to high... so I don't have faith there will be a wow me humidor but we will see.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

love your daughter's smile.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

Treading water,waiting on crew change and the 6 hour drive back to the office to get my truck and head home.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    New Camaro arrived and it's already been damaged in multiple areas...and of course the paint has swirls and scratches all over it, as expected.

Dealer says the bills on me for the Rear Diffuser I won't even say what I said to them about that... I am about to pick it up today and rip this Sales Manager who has a huge attitude problem and zero customer service through the fvcking ground!!!

Here's the battered girl the first time I seen it, REAL clean...

Rear Stain Black Diffuser Gouged...

RH Rear Bumper

This is just the tip of the iceberg, won't even get into the the Wickerbill they drilled into the rear spoiler installed over 1/16"s off or the LH RH rear spoiler they glued on uneven and half @ssed...

Any recommendations how to resolve this without legal action is welcome, they won't work with me. They offered to pay 2/3 of the new rear diffuser and then want me to cover $1400 in labor! These people are sick!

You don't blow over 60 on a rare ordered Camaro and get damaged, half @ssesd work, and no customer service. This situation is legally and morally wrong and I'll make it right one way or another.

Nope I’d refuse to take possession of it.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting to spend the afternoon installing Weathertech throughout the ole woman’s Jeep

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rhamlin said:

@TX98Z28 said:
    New Camaro arrived and it's already been damaged in multiple areas...and of course the paint has swirls and scratches all over it, as expected.

Dealer says the bills on me for the Rear Diffuser I won't even say what I said to them about that... I am about to pick it up today and rip this Sales Manager who has a huge attitude problem and zero customer service through the fvcking ground!!!

RH Rear Bumper

This is just the tip of the iceberg, won't even get into the the Wickerbill they drilled into the rear spoiler installed over 1/16"s off or the LH RH rear spoiler they glued on uneven and half @ssed...

Any recommendations how to resolve this without legal action is welcome, they won't work with me. They offered to pay 2/3 of the new rear diffuser and then want me to cover $1400 in labor! These people are sick!

You don't blow over 60 on a rare ordered Camaro and get damaged, half @ssesd work, and no customer service. This situation is legally and morally wrong and I'll make it right one way or another.

And then they keep my 5K non refundable deposit for ordering it…I hung up on the guy the other day for my first free oil change lol That car had 44psi in all tires when I took ownership of it…was so post to have 32psi in all tires…these people are deceptive idiots. But here’s the car cleaned up.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • ThatGuyWithAFaceThatGuyWithAFace Posts: 26 ✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:

@Rhamlin said:

@TX98Z28 said:

RH Rear Bumper

And then they keep my 5K non refundable deposit for ordering it…I hung up on the guy the other day for my first free oil change lol That car had 44psi in all tires when I took ownership of it…was so post to have 32psi in all tires…these people are deceptive idiots. But here’s the car cleaned up.

Oooof. That sucks you're having to go through all that. Despite the issues, the car still looks good, but I'd be mad too.

Hope everything works out for you and the car.

Does that have a performance package on it? Curious about how many ponies it has!

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ThatGuyWithAFace said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@Rhamlin said:

@TX98Z28 said:

RH Rear Bumper

Oooof. That sucks you're having to go through all that. Despite the issues, the car still looks good, but I'd be mad too.

Hope everything works out for you and the car.

Does that have a performance package on it? Curious about how many ponies it has!

Thanks, they have not been easy to deal with.

Yes, has the 1LE Track Performance Package on it along with a bunch of options, sunroof, wild cherry tintcoat, etc. is also a 55TH Anniversary.

So it’s a 2022 2SS 1LE 55TH Anniversary. Power is basically 460/460 SAE, same motor as C7 Vette LT1’s and those make 460/465.

It will be twin turbo’d hopefully sometime this year, set it at 600-700rwhp, plenty of power for a daily driver.

😎

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's so clean you can eat off of it.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

We are starting a trilogy weekend tonight. The Indiana Jones trilogy, yes, it is only a trilogy. It will be the first time my teens have seen them.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s cool, but don’t lie to those kids. There are 4.

@Rdp77 said:
    That’s cool, but don’t lie to those kids. There are 4.

I think the one you are referencing was merely a bad dream.