Home Non Cigar Related

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Filled up my backpack sprayer with insecticidal soap mix and sprayed our hemlock hedge to knock back the Wooly Adelgid infestation that comes every spring. Spray, wait two weeks and spray again. Don't like to use any type of poison but without it we would lose our hemlocks.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:
    TSA found the Coke in my carry-on bag

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think my desktop has died; this morning it booted up fine and everything seemed to work but I couldn't get online, the browser would open but wouldn't connect. Closed the browser, reopened, twice, still nothing. My router seemed fine because this Chromebook and phone were good via wi-fi, and cable from the router to the PC were all good. The Windows troubleshooting diagnostic said something about not being able to connect to proxy settings but I couldn't find where or how to change proxy settings.

So, computer-neanderthal that I am, I decided to do a 'system restore' to a 'safe point' six days ago when it all worked. This strategy has always worked in the past. But this time something got jammed up partway through the system restore, gave me some silly message, and after powering down it still won't come up. I'll see if I can at least get into 'safe mode' but don't know what good that'll do - I don't even know what 'safe mode' is, let alone how to use it to recover anything.

I don't think it's anything malicious or malware-related. I just think something stopped working and then I made it worse. I hate computer problems; I don't have a clue about how to maneuver and figure things out and because much of my coffee stuff revoles around my PC docs for labels and printing, my brain goes to meltdown and my guts tie up in a knot.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

If it is any consolation I probably hate 'puters more than you do, I even have trouble answering the "smart" phone.
    The chrome book has been a godsend for me. Let me know if you would like to borrow a hammer.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, Edward. The only reason to salvage my desktop is for some data/documents regarding coffee stuff and my church treasurer responsibilities. If I can't find a way to salvage those things and have to start over, I'm thinking a ChromeBox is the way to go.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

See if one of your friends has the USB cable / power supply necessary to read a hard drive from another computer. This should allow you to remove your hard drive from your PC if you can't recover it and then connect it to another PC and read off the data.

If you save your data on Microsoft OneDrive, you should be able to access it through the cloud.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Smoking the unbanded figurado in the garage and a honey bee came in to enjoy my smoke and check things out. Good thing I like bees.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shaved off my winter beard.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

Is that your plane ticket to Milwaukee that I see around her finger?

No. Her mom bought her that.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

@First_Warrior said:
    I was rooting around under the shed roof behind my studio looking for some cut off 2x6 s to repair corners on a raised bed when I heard a loud tap tap tap. I looked up and about 16 feet away I saw a great big Pieated Woodpecker working on my small retaining wall looking for grubs. I went hunting still and enjoyed the show for about 5-6 minutes. The Pieated was a male with a red streak under the hinge of it's bill and after a half a dozen taps he would squeak and keep on going. Finally he saddled up and flew off down a hollow towards some really big white pines. Got to go down there and see if we have a nesting pair. Last week I saw a red fox trotting by in the same place. The Pieated made my day. Rural Rules.

I love watching them. Posted some photos of one awhile back in the photographers thread.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5022735/uploads/editor/xr/lapxsfylu921.png

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took me two years to get 2 of my 4 stolen firearms back and as far as I know no trial was ever held, for a felon in possession.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

edited May 2022

Plea deals are what have destroyed the justice system.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gallon of gas was 4.79 Sunday. 5.19 yesterday afternoon when I was headed home. 5.39 at 7:30 this morning.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...

@Patrickbrick said:
    Plus the lack of accountability.

They go hand in hand. There is no accountability because they know a plea deal will get them off. I blame it on judges. Most states have standardized punishments for most crimes. If judges wouldn’t sign off on plea deals that circumvent those standardized punishments these jackasses would be a little more timid about committing the crimes.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    Gallon of gas was 4.79 Sunday. 5.19 yesterday afternoon when I was headed home. 5.39 at 7:30 this morning.

5.49 for diesel last week. 18 months ago it was 1.69

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

cleaned out the plugged and overflowing gutters. Had all I could do to truck the ladder around, aging faster than I would like. Sucks.