Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went for an hour-long bike ride today. Halfway through the ride, when I got to where the bike path wends along the river I came upon a do. What's a do, you ask? You know, a do, a deer, a female deer.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    I went for an hour-long bike ride today. Halfway through the ride, when I got to where the bike path wends along the river I came upon a do. What's a do, you ask? You know, a do, a deer, a female deer.

Now I have that song in my head...

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

What song? This one?

https://youtu.be/POlaR26dD1Y

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s so dry now that my grass is crunching when I walk through the yard.
    But I hear thunder in the distance. Hopefully the rain shows up this time.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

So Lindsay went to a field party last night and tipped her new sxs on its side twice... this is my life

Edit: new to her sxs
    If it was my new one I'd have to ground her or worse

2nd edit: also she got home at 2am which is not bad except I asked her did you know rhinelander has a 12am-5am atv/utv curfew....she says actually no ill keep that mind next time.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like she had a good time.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

Oh I'm sure she did. She lost the cover and straw to her yeti also...

• Options

The Hair Monster!

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:

I tried to restrain myself but no longer can. Is anyone else super interested in what grounding Lindsay or worse means?

🫡

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

@Patrickbrick said:

@Jrflickster said:
    So Lindsay went to a field party last night and tipped her new sxs on its side twice... this is my life

Edit: new to her sxs
    If it was my new one I'd have to ground her or worse

2nd edit: also she got home at 2am which is not bad except I asked her did you know rhinelander has a 12am-5am atv/utv curfew....she says actually no ill keep that mind next time.

I tried to restrain myself but no longer can. Is anyone else super interested in what grounding Lindsay or worse means?

Spanking...lots and lots of spanking........sorry.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's my last day of vacation then it's back to the grind.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Woke up this morning to my alarm to my Wife racing me to the bathroom. She won. Then I discovered that my tankless water heater wasn't working. Luckily I was able to find a YouTube talking about cleaning the ignition rods and took care of it. There was a strange residue in the burner chamber that looked like black or burnt toothpaste that I removed with tweezers. I'm wondering if I should have this old tankless water heater serviced and checked out or just let it run until it quits. I think it's about six years old and I've been descaling it regularly.

• Options

@Jrflickster said:
    Most tankless water heaters are built to be throw aways. Let it run until it doesn't clean that proving rod once a year is about all I'd do. I mean you could have it serviced but if you do make sure you have model and serial number available so they can order a maintenance kit if its available since most of those aren't really designed for annual maintenance the gaskets are rarely reusable.

Thanks, I appreciate the professional opinion.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Ever get the feeling you’re being watched….

Alexa got competition

• Options

Installed the new head unit in Lindsay's sxs and magically the speakers worked. Was happy it actually worked I mean I knew it was bad but I still had doubt until I officially had sound from the speakers

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's an sxs?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

Side by side

• Options

When I'm the only one home and I'm working in the office the dogs come in and lay on the carpet near my chair. Daphne is currently sawing logs while I work.

• Options

Was just called to a new cigar bar in minocqua wi for no ac. Won't bore you with that part of the story but the part I'm confused about is this guy told me he had no problem opening this bar with liquor and smoking indoors in Wisconsin. I thought that wasn't a thing anymore only grandfathered places could do that?
    @peter4jc

• Options

Don't know much other than what I hear and what I've told you. Could be he found someone with a license and could transfer it to himself and a new location? I also hear that if you have a big enough percentage of windows/patio doors that can open the no-smoking part of it can be avoided.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

The answer you seek is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.