Home General Discussion
Options

U Suck Postal Slobs

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

I thought that was the cops....😆 Kidding!!! Just kidding Nick......

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    Of course they are. Lower the standards until they can actually achieve them. What’s the point in actually raising the level of competency?

Isn't that how education is now working?
    Lower the standards, so kids will pass?
    Kind of like a lot of jobs. Can't pay enough to hire competent people?
    Lower the standards and hire what ever walks in the door.
    The more advanced we become, the worse it gets.

You are exactly right, however, people born around or after 1980 or so may have it so deeply ingrained in their psyche's that they are unaware of it.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Call it the 1990s and anything after is a lost cause. I feel i was right at the cut off

• Options

@Jrflickster said:
    Call it the 1990s and anything after is a lost cause. I feel i was right at the cut off

There's an exception to every rule.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still trying to figure out how delivering later saves money. If you used to deliver 3 flyers offering pizza Monday, but now you deliver those same 3 flyers Wednesday, how much delivery have you saved? Personally, I'm thinking they can save money if they stop delivering spam and stoops period. Lacking that, cut it back to once or twice a week. I can't think of any letters I need right away, any more. Does not happen.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are switching moving thing distance by air to trucking it. I can hear the complaints already.

• Options
    edited October 2021

The spam pays for the post office though. Plus, small businesses would scream bloody murder because spam cards represent most or all of their advertising. The post office is a Public trust and they can't just cut off something that promotes local commerce. Then there's the enforcement of such a policy. Is there a judgement call? Who makes the call? That has Trainwreck written all over it.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

In a surprising turn off events, my weekly Wednesday shipment, normally arriving Tuesday, came today. However it was shipped via USPS not the regular USPS/UPS amalgamation.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    The spam pays for the post office though. Plus, small businesses would scream bloody murder because spam cards represent most or all of their advertising. The post office is a Public trust and they can't just cut off something that promotes local commerce. Then there's the enforcement of such a policy. Is there a judgement call? Who makes the call? That has Trainwreck written all over it.

Agree completely that's a very silly thing to say. Save money by not delivering mail.

• Options

@VegasFrank said:
    The spam pays for the post office though.

Apparently, not enough.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

@webmost said:

@VegasFrank said:
    The spam pays for the post office though.

Apparently, not enough.

Just imagine how expensive your letters and packages would be without the spam.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Without the spam we'd need fewer postal workers.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

https://stateimpact.npr.org/new-hampshire/2011/09/27/how-junk-mail-is-helping-to-prop-up-the-postal-service/

I'd just as soon not have to throw it away. I don't read it. I don't want it. I would do well enough with once a week delivery of genuine mail. Don't need to prop up an obsolete business model on my dime. Save the trees.

• Options

Funny I said the same thing about social security

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Seriously. I don't want it. I won't get it. Yet I pay into it. #EndSocialSecurity2day

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Social security, the first legal pyramid scheme.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your order no. SO-4753407 has been fulfilled via USPS Priority Mail® (Expect Delays And Poor Tracking)

You know things are going swimmingly when companies add this to their customer’s shipping notification email, Mr Postmaster General.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Anyone plan on using the USPS bank?

• Options

Can I have some of that crack?

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re drunk again usps...

• Options

Flat rate shipping went up $.80.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

I usually use PayPal for shipping labels but I've heard that they're using ShipStation now. I haven't tried it but I've heard some people are changing to PirateShip. Anyone use that service?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Makes perfect sense to me to send a package that’s going to Alaska from Nevada to Kentucky first. I suppose if they sent it north instead of east they couldn’t justify the rate increase nor the additional transit time they insist they require.

• Options

Well, things are back to normal. Placed an order October 1st, received notice it had been shipped that afternoon and should arrive here on Wed, the 6th. Now, it's the 7th, and per postal tracking.....wait for it......they haven't received it yet.

:/

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get cigars from the west coast usually in two days. But the holiday surge is starting.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Placed an order from smallbatch. Suppose to be delivered today. Went to Cali to Wilmington Delaware, to Philadelphia so far. They can fùck right off.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Deadstroke174Deadstroke174 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:

I'm right at the cut off as well but I figure since i grew up in Iowa and we were usually at least 10 years behind i am safe lol

• Options

Credit is due my lottery pack to @Vision was delivered a day early.