Home General Discussion

U Suck Postal Slobs

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get all my mail at the Post Office, once a week. If I order on a Monday it is almost always there the next Monday, whether it is shipped USPS priority or UPS "free shipping" rate from CP. But I get it, gone are the days of "allow 2-3 weeks for processing and delivery". I blame the times, people are way too time sensitive and in a hurry now.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fvcking Calvin. LOL

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@peter4jc said:
    Fvcking Calvin. LOL

I should have knocked on wood or something. :D

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Case in point:

Two packages sent Priority Mail to Florida yesterday (Wednesday) morning are predicted to arrive Monday. Plain English says 2-3 days should be Saturday max, even if you don't count the day sent; but, because it's Florida, skip the weekend, there you go: 2 to 3 = 6.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have a package sitting in limbo at the PO. Was shipped May 20 from Southern Oregon. Got to North Pole the 29th. It’s going to get shipped back because I can’t get in to the PO when they’re open: 0930-1700, Monday to Friday, closed weekends. I work 30 miles away, 0800-1700 (on good days), Monday to Friday & most weekends.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reroute it to me.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

You need a heater duct for a 75 van too?

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang! Patrick has a 73....

Don't look ↑
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    You need a heater duct for a 75 van too?

You will be here in two weeks, about the time it makes it here.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coffee roasted on Wednesday, delivered today at 12:15.
    USPS Priority Mail.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

Better brew it quickly....

Don't look ↑
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

From my perspective, in both shipping and receiving, it appears USPS is turning the corner. At least it seems they are putting more effort into doing what they get paid to do.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Better brew it quickly....

Still needs to age

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

@IndustMech said:
    Coffee roasted on Wednesday, delivered today at 12:15.
    USPS Priority Mail.

Not bad. Day and a half to go less than 200 miles. 😂😂😂😂

@CharlieHeis said:

@peter4jc said:
    From my perspective, in both shipping and receiving, it appears USPS is turning the corner. At least it seems they are putting more effort into doing what they get paid to do.

Most of the Christmas packages have been delivered by now, so their volume is back to normal.

Funny but I have one from JCP that my wife bought in November that still hasn't arrived. It has said shipped on their website for the last 7 months. We were going to cancel it fair and square, but we thought it would be funnier to see what ends up happening with it. They were Christmas pajamas for the kids, and at this rate, it'll be just on time for next Christmas!

Don't look ↑

@VegasFrank said:

@CharlieHeis said:

@peter4jc said:

Most of the Christmas packages have been delivered by now, so their volume is back to normal.

Funny but I have one from JCP that my wife bought in November that still hasn't arrived. It has said shipped on their website for the last 7 months. We were going to cancel it fair and square, but we thought it would be funnier to see what ends up happening with it. They were Christmas pajamas for the kids, and at this rate, it'll be just on time for next Christmas!

Ever go to a post office auction? Table after table of unclaimed or lost stuff, sold in lots.

@silvermouse said:

@VegasFrank said:

@CharlieHeis said:

@peter4jc said:

Ever go to a post office auction? Table after table of unclaimed or lost stuff, sold in lots.

Why didn't I know that existed? I could spot cigar boxes from a mile away!

Don't look ↑

Lol, those ^ probably don't make it to the auction, likewise booze.

I'm out.

Don't look ↑

Don't look ↑
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh boy! Sitting for the weekend in a truck in Las Vegas? In June? Hopefully they'll bring them inside. I don't think 140 degree temperatures are good for them. I've just quit buying during the summer months.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Funny, they actually arrived today, 2 days early. Still, I'll let them rest for a while.

Right about the 140, but I'm guessing cigars are more resilient than we give them credit for, and after a few days in the cooler, they'll be fine.

Deals are too good in the er to go on a buying freeze.

Don't look ↑

Juneteenth holiday is getting signed into law today. Just got word from the personnel gods that most government agencies will be closed tomorrow in observance, and I've never known the post office to miss a holiday.

Don't look ↑
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are you doing on your day off, @VegasFrank?

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )