Home General Discussion

U Suck Postal Slobs

Comments

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Accidents happen.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

My turn. I got noticed today when I was trying to make shipping labels I couldn't do anything with my account because I owed 1.95 extra postage on a package that I shipped. I logged in to my account and it gave me a tracking number associated with a box that I sent to Tony in September of 2020. What a bunch of horseshit this is right? Fine I'll pay the $1.95.

Then I get notification that I can print the shipping label. I thought that was odd and so I looked at the shipping label and looked up the tracking. Same number as the post office gave me for Tony's package. Here's the info on it.

I didn't send any package in October. I didn't send anything to Irvine California. It's a repeat tracking number, that's tied to my shipping history, and the post office banged me for the extra two bucks because someone else ships something 360 days later using the same tracking number.

Don't look ↑
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Couple bucks here, couple bucks there and soon you’re talking real money. 10% for the Big Guy, Teamsters get their kickback, and, oh, by the way, we can’t operate on these rates, we need an increase. Covid, fuel costs and labor issues, doncha know....

The system has to be allowed to fail from within.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    My turn. I got noticed today when I was trying to make shipping labels I couldn't do anything with my account because I owed 1.95 extra postage on a package that I shipped. I logged in to my account and it gave me a tracking number associated with a box that I sent to Tony in September of 2020. What a bunch of horseshit this is right? Fine I'll pay the $1.95.

Then I get notification that I can print the shipping label. I thought that was odd and so I looked at the shipping label and looked up the tracking. Same number as the post office gave me for Tony's package. Here's the info on it.

I didn't send any package in October. I didn't send anything to Irvine California. It's a repeat tracking number, that's tied to my shipping history, and the post office banged me for the extra two bucks because someone else ships something 360 days later using the same tracking number.

Oh sure, blame me.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:

@0patience said:

@VegasFrank said:

Oh sure, bomb me.

Fify

Now wait a minute. We don't need that right now.
    I'm still trying to fit all our stuff in boxes.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

Initial email showed a package landing this coming Saturday. No updates until this morning's out for delivery email. Nice.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:
    Initial email showed a package landing this coming Saturday. No updates until this morning's out for delivery email. Nice.

Same for me. My package that traveled the northeast made it to Orlando Friday and is finally being delivered today

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve got two boxes of Illusione sitting at the damn post office because the postal Wench is too lazy to put them in a locker 😒

^^^ New guy. His lobotomy is scheduled for next week.

“Out for delivery. Delivery by 7 PM.” 7 PM on which day? ‘Cause it sure wasn’t yesterday when it was “Out for delivery.”

Dammit, I forgot the USPS definition of “delivered” is when your item is in the same hemisphere.

🤔

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Triangulating a fix

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only place where you pay for more and get even less. Pay for 3 day and it might get there in 6. Can you imagine if you went into your favorite steak house and ordered the 16oz ribeye and they bring you out 10oz of chopped sirloin for the same price..!! You would be pretty fücking displeased. Not only is it not what you ordered it’s way fúcking less for the same price. I get it’s the holiday season. I do. But come the fūck on……

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think your right, Paul.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    I fear this will not end well and somehow, like WW 3, it’ll be my fault.

Like a 'butterfly effect' of mistakes...

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    My company has decreed I must now ship any aircraft logbooks or documentation via USPS. Previously, I’d just send it to Anchorage on which ever of our planes was headed there anyway. Records stayed in our control, got where they needed to be in a reasonably timely manner, (usually) survived the trip and it didn’t cost us anything extra. I fear this will not end well and somehow, like WW 3, it’ll be my fault.

You'll probably end up with a few grounded, due to missing/lost documents.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something must be up, my last three UPS to USPS shipments have been received a day early.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol bastárds

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

ExLax. They are doing WAY better than this time last year.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

I actually get that a lot. And ones that bounce back and forth between places several times

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just had one make it all the way to my city and go back to the sender because the mailman couldn't find the address. Smdh.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

typical holiday service and slow arrival to the PO from the retailer. I am beginning to lose patience with the postal service from PA (and from the retailer)

December 29, 2021
    In Transit, Arriving Late
    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
    December 25, 2021, 5:19 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    December 24, 2021, 9:35 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    PALATINE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    December 22, 2021
    Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item