Home General Discussion

U Suck Postal Slobs

Comments

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Letter, not a package, sent certified/registered 2 day priority on the 19th Cost 26 bucks. Didn’t even get into the state until today.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...

To be honest, I don’t think they know where it s. It spent a whopping single minute in Anchorage.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was told that certified mail takes longer because it has to be scanned at each link in the chain.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

So what's the alternative? I just got pills yesterday sent FedEx the 15th from a WalMart eight and a half miles away.

Tellin you, the only ones understand delivery is Amazon.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty pissed that I’m currently dealing with this nonsense. Box of Layer Cake from CFed. Has anyone had a tracking number say Delivered, and end up getting it at a later date?

And CFed’s response below that I’m not too happy with. Don’t think I’ll ever see this package.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like it was delivered to cfed

Don't look ↑
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

@Cam_91 said:
    Pretty pissed that I’m currently dealing with this nonsense. Box of Layer Cake from CFed. Has anyone had a tracking number say Delivered, and end up getting it at a later date?

And CFed’s response below that I’m not too happy with. Don’t think I’ll ever see this package.

It happens to me all the time.
    I file a complaint with USPS and it shows up 2 days later.
    And then there are the times they deliver it to the wrong address and the people at that address won't give it back.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@Cam_91 said:
    It arrived! Now I’m just an impatient a$$hole

Man I haven’t had any of those. Tell me what you think. I tried to buy them but they were out. I’m on a buying freeze or I would. I really enjoy my 2nds so I don’t see the need to spend the money on those. 😆😝

You’re Viaje Vision alright. I’ve got C-4 and Layer Cake on my list for you

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Talk about efficiency lol...but I just sent this out Saturday and it should be delivered today after traveling in a roundabout way. But I have one that’s been sitting at the same place for 6 days and the one from you @EgoBoundary ...doesn’t look like it has left your local post office yet.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is probably the worst package I've received yet for here, could have been worse though.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

@TX98Z28 said:
    This is probably the worst package I've received yet for here, could have been worse though.

Could definitely be worse...I sent one through here that when it landed it looked like a forklift had run over it

I have 2 orders from 2 different places that were sent out on the 12th and haven't moved in 4 days.
    Is USPS on vacation?

Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

USPS Tracking Plus™ Available
    Status
    In Transit, Arriving Late
    August 20, 2021

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a non-cigar package that was sent from South Carolina, spent about 10 days wandering around Mississippi before making its way to Memphis and arriving here 3 days later.

For the geographically challenged, no part of Mississippi is part of a line between South Carolina and Tennessee. No reason it should ever have gone there, except, no matter where the origin, if you send something to Tennessee by Fed-Ex, it's going to Mississippi first. Minnesota to Tennessee? Must go through Tennessee to Mississippi and then return. 300 extra miles of travel.

Go figure.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Amos_Umwhat not sure if you happen to see my post that is just a few before this one lol. It’s efficiency at its finest. I had one a couple weeks ago sit in the same place for 6 days.

@Rdp77 said:
    @Amos_Umwhat not sure if you happen to see my post that is just a few before this one lol. It’s efficiency at its finest. I had one a couple weeks ago sit in the same place for 6 days.

Yep. I just have a visual of some guy with one finger inserted deep into a nostril guessing "I think that's somewhere near, well, near there. Wherever there is." and chucking the box onto a conveyor belt to be delivered to some distant location.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@0patience said:
    I have 2 orders from 2 different places that were sent out on the 12th and haven't moved in 4 days.
    Is USPS on vacation?

Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

USPS Tracking Plus™ Available
    Status
    In Transit, Arriving Late
    August 20, 2021

I have one missing. They're still using the Covid excuse.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it an excuse or reason for the delay? People are getting sick.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received a package today that got sent to Greensboro NC twice before finally making it to WV

I made a purchase in the beginning of August and after several weeks of it not showing up, contacted USPS.
    Their reply was basically, "We lost it. We don't know what to do about it and you'll have to file a claim."

So I contacted the seller and figured it was their problem to deal with the claim. Of course, a week after they file the claim, it shows up.
    Almost a month to go from Illinois to Oregon.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that's a no brainer what the problem was. One **** state to another (no offense).

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

@Patrickbrick said:
    Well that's a no brainer what the problem was. One **** state to another (no offense).

No offense taken. Oregon is a sh!thole and getting worse by the day.
    As soon as my house sells and we find another place in one of the retirement tax friendly states, I'm outta here.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

Placed an order, was sent USPS. Of course, the next day I looked at the tracking, and it was due to arrive Tuesday. Sunday night it registered as having arrived at Memphis, on track and on time.

OK, I thought, most of my packages usually spend a week or two in Memphis where, evidently, the postal workers play football with them.

Imagine my surprise when I got home yesterday to find a package! Intact! On Tuesday!

So, credit where it's due, good one, USPS.

Sorry, I can’t praise them for actually doing their job the way they were supposed to once in a blue moon lol.
    But this is wonderful news from the USPS...they announced that they’re extending delivery time on first class and priority mail...aaannnnddddd...they’re gonna charge people more for their packages to get there even slower.

edited September 2021

Of course they are. Lower the standards until they can actually achieve them. What’s the point in actually raising the level of competency?

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol no Tony....you sound like an x-purt though...

Don't look ↑