• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority,

but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"

Marcus Aurelius

Meditations

• Options

Complete Christian Corruption: President Trump's spiritual adviser, Pastor Paula White, claims that "to say no to President Trump would be saying no to God."

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

In what context?

I remember when Reggie White said he prayed on his future long and hard and God told him to accept the offer from Green Bay. Eagle fans expressed an uproar of atheistic contempt.

What's a pres need a Madame Blavatsky for anyways?

Didn't Nancy Reagan have a psychic or some such?

We've gone way too regal.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Our doubts are traitors, which make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt." Shakespeare

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Don’t be a dope, wash your hands with water and soap.”

• Your Mother
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

"The media is creating a dangerous panic..."
    -- @TX98Z28

Truer words have never been spoken.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    -- @TX98Z28

Media That Hypes Everything As A Crisis Shocked That No One Listens When Actual Crisis Arrives

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    -- @TX98Z28

Media That Hypes Everything As A Crisis Shocked That No One Listens When Actual Crisis Arrives

Yeah the panic their causing is starting to create a crisis...CNN is so far gone. How many cases of influenza were there this last year and deaths? This whole Corona Virus thing is a bunch of hogwash.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

“There’s no crisis some Xanax can’t fix” :D

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a crisis, no need to panic. But panic is open to interpretation. If I use hand sanitizer before and after I use a pin pad at the checkout, somebody will say I'm panicking. Don't care.

• Options

@Bob_Luken said:
    This is a crisis, no need to panic. But panic is open to interpretation. If I use hand sanitizer before and after I use a pin pad at the checkout, somebody will say I'm panicking. Don't care.

Bob I’m a OCD germaphobic person, not joking either I carry a pocket sized hand sanitizer with me everywhere I go in public and have been doing so for years. I won’t touch the pen to sign after using my credit card if on screen, if I have to use someone’s pen I just use my hand sanitizer afterwards. I don’t use my hand to open public doors unless necessary, I use 1 finger and pull in a non warn spot. If it’s a heavy door I’ll use my shirt to pull it open 99% of people don’t notice or don’t care. I’m concerned with getting another thyroid virus or the flu and not one bit the Corona Virus.

I’m also a professional detailer and ALL pro detailers are crazy OCD, the guy I did training with is worse than me, he uses a disposable rubber glove every time he fills up the gas tank then throws it away, not a bad idea gas pump handles are the 2nd or 3rd dirtiest things to touch in the nation.

• Options

“I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance inflict and pollute others and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. If God should wish to take me, he will surely find me and I have done what he has expected of me and so I am not responsible for either my own death or the death of others. If my neighbor needs me however I shall not avoid place or person but will go freely as stated above. See this is such a God-fearing faith because it is neither brash no foolhardy and does not tempt God.”

Martin Luther

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

“Absurdity is the only reality.”

• Frank Zappa

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”

— Robert Frost

• Options

We stand at the birth of a new millennium, ready to unlock the mysteries of space, to free the Earth from the miseries of disease, and to harness the energies, industries and technologies of tomorrow. A new national pride will stir our souls, lift our sights, and heal our divisions.

Donald Trump

• Options

"There are no sayings that begin with the words 'A Young Wise Man once said...'. There's a reason for that." --My friend Dave

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

"Why not just follow the safe path just in case this isn't all just a bunch of crap?"
    --@CharlieHeis

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

"You're standing too close to me."
    --Me, to my my coworker last week. It was intended to be funny, and also true. He got the joke, but I failed to determine if he absorbed any truth.

https://youtu.be/sgSsmJVCG2Q

• Options

“Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities — always see them, for they’re always there.”

• Norman Vincent Peale
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ This should be the v-herf tag line!^^^

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options

• Options
    edited April 2020

• Options

Maybe I need a 3rd cup of coffee but I don't understand either one of those.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

~Charles Bukowski

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

To tie in with the above...

If I wasn't crazy I would go insane...

Jimmy Buffett (Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes)

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

~Charles Bukowski

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

“Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.” —William Pitt (1708-1778)

“This goes one of two ways. Our little experiment with living in a communist dictatorship repels most Americans and makes us hunger for freedom and independence, leading to a great reawakening. Or we grow used to being controlled and dependent, and the opposite result follows.” —Matt Walsh