Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Quote Of The Day

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Nothing in nature lives for itself. The rivers do not drink their own water; the trees do not eat their own fruit; the sun does not shine on itself and flowers do not spread their fragrance for themselves. Living for others is a rule of nature. We are all born to help each other. No matter how difficult it is...Life is good when you are happy; but much better when others are happy because of you.”
    ⁠— Pope Francis

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.” – Steve Jobs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

"It can be a terrible thing when a man identifies his aims with the will of God instead of submitting his aims to that will." -- William Barclay

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

“Joy is the most radical form of rebellion”, Amanda Nguyen.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

"A champion doesn't become a champion in the ring, he's merely recognized in the ring. His “becoming” happens during his daily routine."
    Joe Louis

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bitchiz be crazy!

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

"The thing worse than rebellion is the thing that causes rebellion." - Frederick Douglass

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.
    William Blake

• Options

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them.
    George Orwell

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Asking for a friend. How would one donate weapons and ammunition to Ukraine?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could probably just buy them from Russia and have them dropped off

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

"When God punishes you, you get everything you've ever wanted. And no time to enjoy it." -- Miles Davis

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

"They prefer the calm of despotism to the boisterous sea of liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

“I also smoke when I’m by myself and it makes me feel like I’m not by myself. If you have a cigar, it’s like a little bit of company.” — George Lopez

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis