Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Impeachment of the Month Hearing.

Comments

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I love how people seem to be watching completely different hearings.  I mean the spin from every side makes me dizzy...and the black hole of completely ignored testimony and data on each side doesn't suck me in, it repulses me a little. 

Still, I'm not seeing what you're seeing, JD.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed that nobody is answering questions, they are reading prepared statements? I call BS on 90% of everything I have heard so far.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never assumed that foreign aid went without strings. Did you?

Why would it? If we're paying good money, we should get something for it. Don't you think?

In Obozo's time, we offered billions to Ukraine ostensibly for natural gas development. Burisma is a natural gas company apt to get the lion's share of that lovely pile of free bucks. Ukraine has a prosecutor looking into Burisma hanky panky. Burisma pays Biden's son a ton of money for no other discernible reason than cover. Biden brags on tape how he bullied Ukraine into firing the prosecutor. Gives them a six hour deadline to can the guy, or else no bucks. It's on tape. Biden brags about it. Isn't that what they call quid pro quo? Why not? The anti-corruption prosecutor gets canned, the money flows... Into a Cyprus bank owned by the same oligarch that owns the same Burisma which pays Biden's son a ton. The deposit disappears. Bank error. No money. No record. No clue. Sorry.

If you doubt that's corruption all around, then there's a short bus that will take you to a special school where they teach you how to stuff envelopes for subsidized minimum wage. Don't worry... They'll have you home in time for Wapner.

Pause while the people of Ukraine get so fed up with crookery they elect a night time comedian to be their president. This guy's one claim to fame is he hates the rampant corruption controlling his country and vows to end it. On his election, investigations begin again, so the oligarch who hired young Biden for cover, he promptly flees the scene.

Now Congress passes a bill authorizing more aid to Ukraine, with the proviso that the state dept must ensure no crooks divert its receipt. Our president, whatever kind of ass he is, asks that new Ukraine president, whatever kind of comedian he is, to press the ongoing investigation into Burisma hanky panky. That's the summary, as I understand it. 

So.
    What's more important? That a jackass wants to end corruption, or that a well mannered slick haired butter won't melt in his mouth career politician wants to get away with it? I mean, I hate to have to defend our jackass in chief over and over again... But I don't see where these Dems have a leg to stand on.

Tulsi Gabbard
    Let's give her a chance

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would you like to be one of the chair occupiers behind the "witness". You can't talk, laugh, grimace, smile or give any indication that you are anything but a droid. There was one who could not take it anymore and chugged a can of something on camera, he is now famous.
  • Options
    “A decline of public morals in the United States will probably be marked by the abuse of the power of impeachment as a means of crushing political adversaries or ejecting them from office.” Alexis de Tocqueville, 1835
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    I never assumed that foreign aid went without strings. Did you?

Why would it? If we're paying good money, we should get something for it. Don't you think?

^^^ This was quite literally my first reaction to this whole thing. ^^^

I've been travelling, only got to watch a little over an hour of the first day, 10 or 15 minutes of the second.  My general reaction was 'they've got no case'.  It's been a few days, but I remember a gentleman from Utah, I believe, making some very cogent points, among others. 

The interesting thing is that I watched the NBC news coverage that night, and they seem to have drawn completely different conclusions than I did, and presented redacted / edited clips from the actual proceedings in such a way as to support their case. 

Both nauseating and worrisome at the same time. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQJoar17jyo

@jd50ae

* edittitted cause I wanted to.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Does it seem that Mr. Schiff enjoys abusing his own power?  Or is it just me?  Something about him just seems to scream; "I need a swirlie!"  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Does it seem that Mr. Schiff enjoys abusing his own power?  Or is it just me?  Something about him just seems to scream; "I need a swirlie!"  

Like the clintonistas he is covered in teflon.
    That may be his problem. I don't think school recess was something he enjoyed.
  • Options
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image may contain one or more people beard hat and text
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Watched Ms. Pelosi's announcement of the foregone conclusion this morning.  Interesting language.  She seemed to think that no doubts of wrongdoing were brought up during the hearings. 

I didn't get that when I watched, it seemed to me that some very serious doubts were introduced, not the least of which being that most of the committee and the scholars involved had been dedicated to impeachment ever since the election.

I guess that when you're a Congressman your ears just hear what they want to.  Whether it's based in facts, or not.

• Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure that "facts" has anything to do with politics in general.  They tend to muddy the water.  
  • Options
    It's been interesting, that's for sure.  For instance, who knew that Joe Biden abused his position and authority to secure a 50K / Month job for his unqualified son with a Ukrainian oil company?  Or that he further abused his position to remove the prosecutor charged with uncovering the corruption?  It was news to me.  

• Options
    edited December 2019
    It's been interesting, that's for sure.  For instance, who knew that Joe Biden abused his position and authority to secure a 50K / Month job for his unqualified son with a Ukrainian oil company?  Or that he further abused his position to remove the prosecutor charged with uncovering the corruption?  It was news to me.  

Now it appears Jor Jr is also somehow involved with some questionable acts concerning China. I don't know how it stacks up compared to the rest of the corruption by the clintonistas, but giving China "most favored" status has such far reaching harmful consequences all of it will never truly be known. And what about the ketchup covered war hero and his ties to Iran, uranium anyone? And pelosi, feinstein and muddy waters insider trading is so well known. These are the people (including pencil neck shitf and nadless) that are driving the TDS generated impeachment of the month. Democratic sheeple and liberal fools do not care and will keep voting them and others like them back into office. And the obozos and gore are filthy rich.

I wish the Orange Man would quit tweeting. It is going to cost him votes because accomplishments mean nothing to the sheeple.

PS It was the clintonistas that first mentioned you crane years ago.

Edited
  • Options
    That's just the tip of the iceberg. I was reading over the weekend how Hunter Biden joined an investment bank soon after the election, & lo and behold just two weeks later the firm got $138 million in TARP funds, deposited in a Cayman bank. Bernie was pissed because he couldn't get TARP to say what were their criteria for who got money, back then. But my deal is, who the hell tortured this bail the banksters TARP project out of what the gummint should genuinely be doing? 

I was pretty convinced that Obama was an idiot admin; I had no idea it was such a crooked admin.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Scary indeed, but you will not hear that on the 6 o:clock news
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

• Options
    jd50ae said:

There's that swirlie!   :D

• Options
    2 things are becoming increasingly apparent.

1. Stephen Castor is an awesome attorney

2. Nadler and Schiff have set up a kangaroo court with a foregone outcome, and have no respect whatsoever for accountability or procedure.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    2 things are becoming increasingly apparent.

1. Stephen Castor is an awesome attorney

2. Nadler and Schiff have set up a kangaroo court with a foregone outcome, and have no respect whatsoever for accountability or procedure.

On top of that, they have no respect for us.
    TDS suffering democrats have put us on a path for terrible things.
    And the sheeple will still vote for them.
  • Options
    Now Ms. Lofgren (Sp?) of California asks pointedly;  "If President Trump has evidence of his innocence, why doesn't he come forward with it?"

I'm guessing she's not a lawyer?  I don't know.  I'm just a schmo, but I thought that in this country the assumption under law for everyone was "Innocent until proven guilty", and that the burden of proof lies solely on the prosecution.  So, they need to make their case, beyond shadow of doubt.   Right?  That's not what I see happening.

• Options
    These "hearings" are breaking down faster then a car that just ran out of warranty. Half expect to see someone go over a punch nadless upside his squishy face.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Just watched the announcements by the California Coup.  

I wonder if they realize they just denied the Presidency to Joe Biden? Because he's at least as guilty of the same crime as Trump, assuming Trumps guilt.  The "He was working in his country's best interest" argument doesn't fly, because of his son's involvement with the corrupt corporation he was saving from investigation.  Uncontestable. Fact.  

At best, their case is speculative against Trump.  "We think he was doing this, we assume he was doing that.  The only conclusion we can draw, in the absence of evidence, is this..."  When Sondland was questioned under oath "did Trump direct you to create a quid pro quo?" his answer was "no".  

As for their "respect" for their oaths, baloney.  If they were bound by any sort of respect for those kinds of things they would have acknowledged the many times that Republican congressmen pointed out that they were conducting the proceedings in a manner inconsistent with the laws and rules of Congress.  Instead, they just steamrolled along with their pre-determined outcome, blithely ignoring reality.

They've been announcing their intention to impeach since the day of the election.  Is there anyone out there stupid enough to believe that these are fair and unbiased hearings undertaken with the best interest of the country?  

• Options
    " Is there anyone out there stupid enough to believe that these are fair and unbiased hearings undertaken with the best interest of the country?   "

yes

• Options
    webmost said:
    " Is there anyone out there stupid enough to believe that these are fair and unbiased hearings undertaken with the best interest of the country?   "

yes
     :(  You're probably right.

• Options
    @Amos_Umwhat
    I would like to quote, insightful, agree, like, vote up, wtf the story and awesome your post(S).
    With my eyes deteriorating so fast I have to rely on my large font PC for info (eyes will be fixed this month). Because of that I look at FOX and YouTube a Bunch. Yea I wish FOX would stop with the stretch marks and tabloid garbage. TV for Tucker Carlson and Hannity are always informative if not a bit angry.
    YouTube has not yet figured out how to block ALL the anti shitf, nadless and general dislike for liberals and democrats. There will be a few honest democrats emerge from this debacle, not many but some.
    Anyway, YouTube has a wealth of unedited rebuttals by the minority. They drive the point home so well, and it is of course ignored by the MSM.
    Use to watch for Donut, music and movies, but now I spend a lot of time watching minority rebuttals. (I still watch Donut and movies)
    There is so much being ignored by everyone. If anyone cares.