Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Impeachment of the Month Hearing.

Comments

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was such a solemn occasion that she gave out pens with her name on them and giggled.  I think she may be lying.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much did those pens cost the American Taxpayer?
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just think, if the Democrats wet dream were to come true, Pence becomes POTUS and Pelosi VP?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelosi in charge of anything?  *Shudder*

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Knock off Pence and poof instant first Female Potus
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I saw the articles of impeachment being ceremoniously paraded across from the house to the senate, scenes from old movies with Roman processions of litter bearers crossed my mind. Am I the only one?
    https://youtu.be/1csMoLgTMk0
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    And you think that's not the grand scheme?  Granny Rictus becomes POTUS, and thereby incumbent, rendering all the dimmocrat posturing moot.  It also throws the GOP into scramble mode to come up with a viable opponent, something they can't do well with years of planning.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Granny Rictus". An apt cognomen. I like it.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ^^^  Wish I'd thought of it.  "Borrowed" from a well written blog I frequent.
  • Options
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Wait, what?

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She speaks fluent politico but with a forked tongue. Not an easy thing to do, I’d guess.....  🙄
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    And you think that's not the grand scheme?  Granny Rictus becomes POTUS, and thereby incumbent, rendering all the dimmocrat posturing moot.  It also throws the GOP into scramble mode to come up with a viable opponent, something they can't do well with years of planning.

Y'all hear of the 25th Amendment?  She doesn't become VP, Pence appoints who he wants.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    It would be hilarious if he chose Trump for vp.

• Options
    The 25th assumes an orderly succession.  POTUS goes away, VP takes over & appoints  as happened in the 70's with Spiro, Dicky, Jerry & Nelson.   Take out both POTUS & VP simultaneously via a convienient mishap and Granny's yer new Dear Leader.  Don't sell these yahoos short.....
  • Options
    Secret Service does a remarkable job.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game's on.

I can't help but wonder where we'd be if my guy, John Kasich, had won the presidency.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    I know one thing, if I'm ever on TV I want Adam Schiffs make-up team.  Doesn't he just look glowingly healthy?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Doesn't he just look glowingly healthy?

For now.  Wait until he pisses off a Clinton.

• Options

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now Schiff for brains says if we don't impeach, the Russians will invade us.  Where does he come up with this stuff?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    YankeeMan said:
    Now Schiff for brains says if we don't impeach, the Russians will invade us.  Where does he come up with this stuff?

How are they getting here? The Bering land bridge?

Russia has one aircraft carrier (actually a heavy cruiser with a flight deck) capable of something like a measly 30 sorties a day. This ship's engines are so crappy that it travels with a pair of tug boats, JIC. It's arresting cables are so faulty that all 20 planes have been removed. Without the Crimea, they don't have a dock where they can repair the thing. It caught on fire at a mooring in Murmansk not long ago, so it's basically belly up right now. 

That's your threat. So what's Schiff saying? They're going to mount an invasion fleet protected by this?

Course, they could build a dock to build more carriers. Ten years to build the dock, 10 to build a carrier... Meanwhile, they have an economy about the size of Italy.

It's time to stop being afraid of everyone and everything on the planet. Make peace. Be friends. Jesus. Chill.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I must admit that Mr. Schiff & Co. have woven a much more convincing tale for the Senate than they produced in their own environs.  Very clever game of connect the dots, then point out that the dots are but conjecture without proof, then demand the proof. 

I still think they should have demanded the proof, no matter how hard that made them have to work, while the matter was still in the discovery phase.  I understand that the Senate may wish for more evidence and witnesses after they've presented their argument and their known proofs, which they were too lazy to pursue. 

It had to be laziness, not urgency, or they wouldn't have sat on their work for over a month before going to trial.  

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One the PBS Newshour (I know, I know...) one guest explained the House and the Senate portions like an actual legal court case by saying the House was like the arraignment, presenting their case in order to see if there's enough evidence to convict, and the Senate is the actual trial where the evidence at actually argued and a verdict given.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has occured to the democratic kangaroo court that they better do something soon because the closer it gets to the elections the harder it will be for their dullard voters to forget just how crooked and stupid they are.
  • Options
    I must admit that Mr. Schiff & Co. have woven a much more convincing tale for the Senate than they produced in their own environs.  Very clever game of connect the dots, then point out that the dots are but conjecture without proof, then demand the proof. 

I still think they should have demanded the proof, no matter how hard that made them have to work, while the matter was still in the discovery phase.  I understand that the Senate may wish for more evidence and witnesses after they've presented their argument and their known proofs, which they were too lazy to pursue. 

It had to be laziness, not urgency, or they wouldn't have sat on their work for over a month before going to trial.  
    Maybe, but just maybe they know the evidence they never went through the process to get prove NOTHING.  Asking Trump and company and be told NO, is as far as they went. They are a huge group of Lawyers, most of them in Congress a long time. They know the rules, but did not do what was necessary, why?  All they have done is say Trump obstructed, when all he actually said no.  Now if they had gone through the process and it was ordered he surrender what was requested and he said NO, that would be obstruction.

The other charge is nothing but a ploy to take attention away from the Bidens
  • Options

The Children of the Immaculate Heart is a Catholic charity in San Diego which wants to house teenage girls who've been rescued from sex traffic. California refuses to license their shelter because because the charity won't promote LGBTQ events, facilitate abortions, or provide transgender hormones.

• Options
    webmost said:

The Children of the Immaculate Heart is a Catholic charity in San Diego which wants to house teenage girls who've been rescued from sex traffic. California refuses to license their shelter because because the charity won't promote LGBTQ events, facilitate abortions, or provide transgender hormones.

Now that is downright crazy. But, it is kommifornia
  • Options
    Shoot... I musta posted that in the wrong thread.

• Options
    webmost said:

That's my WTF on your post above, because that's the craziest shoite I've ever heard of.  Caliphornia may be interested to discover that separation of Church and State doesn't just mean that the church can't legislate, it also means that the State can't dictate to the Church. 

Or, it used to. 

In America. 

Suddenly I'm reconsidering my position on walling Caliphornia off.  

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.