Impeachment of the Month Hearing.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Adam Schiff continues to amaze me. 

Two things:

first, I wonder if he realizes that he himself has absolutely paved the path to the eventual impeachment of Joe Biden, should he become President.  He's made all the arguments that, by his logic, would convict Biden, eg. he asserts that even if Trump had the exposure of possible criminal activity on the part of J. Biden & Son as only a secondary motive for investigating the alleged activity, then Trump must be removed.   So, if removing his sons prosecutor was only secondary, then Biden cannot be President.  Am I wrong?

second, he has all but openly declared that he, himself, and his committee are free to bypass, overlook, or break any and all House Rule, legal or Constitutional precedent in order to obtain his personal wishes to cheat in the upcoming election.  And yet, he wants to accuse Trump of doing that very thing.

It is apparent that his hypocrisy knows no bounds.
    Post edited by Amos_Umwhat on
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biden would still be innocent until proven guilty.  If he became Prez he would certainly have a Justice Dept that would never prosecute.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Biden would still be innocent until proven guilty.  If he became Prez he would certainly have a Justice Dept that would never prosecute.

Eggs Ackley
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    So it seems we have two different standards.  I stand by my hypocrisy statement.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I don't know whether to  laugh or cry.  I'm listening to the Democrat House Manager argue for a "fair trial".  When the ball was in her court she was front and center among the voices denying Trump's most basic legal rights by denying his legal team virtually all of the options guaranteed them by law or by House Rules.  Now she insists that a "fair trial" is in the hands of the Senate.  Too late!  It already wasn't fair when her team brought it to the Senate.   Ironic.

On the upside, she's learned to pronounce "Specific".

• Options
    webmost said:

Giuliana part 3

You ought to take the time to watch these vids to the end.
    Rudy might wind up Arkancided over this Schifft

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    I just had an Ah-ha moment.  The reason for the 33 day delay was that when this was laid out they anticipated subpoenaed executive branch testimonies would take them until mid-January.  This whole thing has truly been timed out since prior to its inception.  I wonder why?  To influence the Iowa caucus?  Something else?  So John Bolton could wrap up his book?  I dunno.  

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame we can't ignore what the democrats have done for the longest time while they wee in POWER, like THEY are going to ignore the impeachment vote.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had an Ah-ha moment.  The reason for the 33 day delay was that when this was laid out they anticipated subpoenaed executive branch testimonies would take them until mid-January.  This whole thing has truly been timed out since prior to its inception.  I wonder why?  To influence the Iowa caucus?  Something else?  So John Bolton could wrap up his book?  I dunno.  
    We have no idea what John Bolton's book/manuscript says.  Only what the NYT says a leaked portion of it says.  I believe NOTHING the NYT says anymore.
    What I find mind boggling is that nobody seams concerned about ANOTHER leak.

I work with classified information daily, there are protocols and procedures and consequences for spillage or leaks. Severe consequences!  Why is it not a concern now?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image may contain 1 person meme and suit possible text that says I HAVE EVIDENCE SO SECRET I HAVENT MADE IT UP YET
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    It all comes down to Trump Hate. The question of "Is this impeachable?" has been overloaded to hold the excess baggage containing their enormous hate for Trump and also their hate for the deplorable who knocked their queen from the pedestal just as she was about to step upon it. 

The politically biased FBI couldn't "get him" with the grand scheme of Russian collusion despite the fact that CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC/MSNBC, etc, etc, was promoting Trump's demise as much as possible. Now we have Failed Grand Scheme II , initiated and only possible through a house majority and the will to stick it to the ones they hate, no matter how much spin was necessary. 

All this, plus a weak Democrat field of candidates will make a second term for Trump most probable.  
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that it is over, I wonder what they will come up with next
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They? It takes two to Tang(o)le.
  • Options
    (sic)

• Options
    part 5 is pretty good:

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    edited February 2020

Well Yahoo News is reporting that the House Democrats are now threatening to impeach Attorney General William Barr. They must have mentioned more than 600 times during the recent impeachment that "The House has the sole power...". It seems to stay on their minds.

I guess it's like when you get a 10 year old his first pocket knife, you can bet that something is going to get cut.

Post edited by Amos_Umwhat on

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect analogy. A bunch of ten year olds kicking their feet and screaming.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.