Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlmarta said:
    Stimulus Package

It is a slow day in the small Kansas town of Pumphandle. Its streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt; everyone is living on credit.

A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and places a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night.

As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op.

The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has been offering her "services" on credit.

The hooker rushes over to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.

The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves.

No one produced anything. No one earned anything... However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a Stimulus package works.

Ah, but that scenario implies that, at the end of the cycle, our government (the traveler) will be taking back the money it ‘gave’ us.

Until now, I’ve only heard that we won’t be required to pay it back. So, whassup with that?? 🤓

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also everyone came out ahead except the hotel proprietor, who essentially simply forgave hit debt. So instead of stimulus packages we need to look at debt forgiveness plans? Lowering interest rates would do more to stimulate the economy that giving everyone a small chunk of change.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

A mysterious blood-clotting complication is killing coronavirus patients

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/22/coronavirus-blood-clots/

• Options

Abstract
    This article summarizes the likely benefits of melatonin in the attenuation of COVID-19 based on its putative pathogenesis. The recent outbreak of COVID-19 has become a pandemic with tens of thousands of infected patients. Based on clinical features, pathology, the pathogenesis of acute respiratory disorder induced by either highly homogenous coronaviruses or other pathogens, the evidence suggests that excessive inflammation, oxidation, and an exaggerated immune response very likely contribute to COVID-19 pathology. This leads to a cytokine storm and subsequent progression to acute lung injury (ALI)/acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and often death. Melatonin, a well-known anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative molecule, is protective against ALI/ARDS caused by viral and other pathogens. Melatonin is effective in critical care patients by reducing vessel permeability, anxiety, sedation use, and improving sleeping quality, which might also be beneficial for better clinical outcomes for COVID-19 patients. Notably, melatonin has a high safety profile. There is significant data showing that melatonin limits virus-related diseases and would also likely be beneficial in COVID-19 patients. Additional experiments and clinical studies are required to confirm this speculation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7102583/

• Options

and another simple preventative medication for resistance to infection:

Vitamin D deficiency contributes directly to the acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25903964

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Abstract
    This article summarizes the likely benefits of melatonin in the attenuation of COVID-19 based on its putative pathogenesis. The recent outbreak of COVID-19 has become a pandemic with tens of thousands of infected patients. Based on clinical features, pathology, the pathogenesis of acute respiratory disorder induced by either highly homogenous coronaviruses or other pathogens, the evidence suggests that excessive inflammation, oxidation, and an exaggerated immune response very likely contribute to COVID-19 pathology. This leads to a cytokine storm and subsequent progression to acute lung injury (ALI)/acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and often death. Melatonin, a well-known anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative molecule, is protective against ALI/ARDS caused by viral and other pathogens. Melatonin is effective in critical care patients by reducing vessel permeability, anxiety, sedation use, and improving sleeping quality, which might also be beneficial for better clinical outcomes for COVID-19 patients. Notably, melatonin has a high safety profile. There is significant data showing that melatonin limits virus-related diseases and would also likely be beneficial in COVID-19 patients. Additional experiments and clinical studies are required to confirm this speculation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7102583/

Lotsa recondite Greek right there, which means it must be true.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    I'll add you to the curmudgeon list ^

Get off my lawn.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

Efficacy of glutathione therapy in relieving dyspnea associated with COVID-19 pneumonia: A report of 2 cases

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213007120301350

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

This already made National News...So starting tomorrow, thanks to are Harris County 29 year old liberal judge, thats a complete idiot with no legal degree or prior experience to becoming a judge...She issued an order that all people in Harris County must wear a face mask out in the public or be issued a $1000 fine... Even worse some stores are making it a requirement to enter their store, the grocery store chain H-E-B being one of them. Houston Police said they are refusing to follow the Judges Order and will just hand no compliant people a face covering, well good for them at least.

So where does one draw the line here...this is fvcking absurd! Thought the Governor called the shots, no?

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Welcome to 3 weeks ago. This has been happening all over the country since late march. We can be charged with criminal mischief for gathering in groups of 10 in Nevada and we are required to wear masks outside our homes or face fines. Glad the Texas is catching up to the rest of the world.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

@VegasFrank said:
    Welcome to 3 weeks ago. This has been happening all over the country since late march. We can be charged with criminal mischief for gathering in groups of 10 in Nevada and we are required to wear masks outside our homes or face fines. Glad the Texas is catching up to the rest of the world.

Frank are Governor Greg Abbott didn't issue this Order, it's are little slim ball Harris County Judge, this is for only Harris County not the whole state. We don't have the problems here like other States reason why were in Phase 1 already. So were in Phase 1 and now lets make things stricter thanks to this little Judge b i t c h.

One of my neighbor's is so scared to death of the virus thanks to Mainstream Media she barely leaves the house, thats no way to live.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting video

https://youtu.be/xfLVxx_lBLU

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

I did not know that your imunities need such constant refreshment. I thot once you developed them you were good.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    This already made National News...So starting tomorrow, thanks to are Harris County 29 year old liberal judge, thats a complete idiot with no legal degree or prior experience to becoming a judge...She issued an order that all people in Harris County must wear a face mask out in the public or be issued a $1000 fine... Even worse some stores are making it a requirement to enter their store, the grocery store chain H-E-B being one of them. Houston Police said they are refusing to follow the Judges Order and will just hand no compliant people a face covering, well good for them at least.

So where does one draw the line here...this is fvcking absurd! Thought the Governor called the shots, no?

How does that happen? No law degree or experience? What if ALL professions did that? "Hey, I'm a Doctor of Brainiology, and an architect, too! Whee! I'm building a tree house in your skull". Too weird.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

So anybody can just make up rules and levy fines for whatever they want? Next is tinfoil hats for all.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Hey, we have a President with no legal degree or experience, lol.....

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    Hey, we have a President with no legal degree or experience, lol.....

Yabbut... He did have a reality TV show, so...

• Options

Tucker adduces some flawed examples here, but nevertheless makes a good point:
    https://youtu.be/MuuA0azQRGQ

• Options
    edited April 2020

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@TX98Z28 said:

How does that happen? No law degree or experience? What if ALL professions did that? "Hey, I'm a Doctor of Brainiology, and an architect, too! Whee! I'm building a tree house in your skull". Too weird.

I did some research into her back ground and her previous job was an interpreter...lol So she goes from that to making decisions that effect millions of people. How she got appointed and voted in a Harris County Judge baffles me...but legally she can run for Judge here in Texas with no legal degree/or expertise.

• Options

That says more about Texan lawmakers than it does about her in particular.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because 30 plus years ago when people still had common sense this would allow people fair entry into government instead just the rich college boys. Not as effective nowadays but apparently enough of the population voted for her to get her in office.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

@Yakster said:
    Interesting video

https://youtu.be/xfLVxx_lBLU

IMHO, this video is extremely interesting and informative. It ought to be required watching for, at the barest minimum, the entire population of California if not the nation. The statistics tell it all...

And I think that the video of Tucker Carlson posted by @Webmost is also quite interesting. (And, for me, that’s going some)

The times, they are a-changing. And I think the time to end the current boolsheet is rapidly approaching.

So sayeth The Oldfart... 👴🏻

Edit: Thanks for those posts, gentlemen... 👍

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    That says more about Texan lawmakers than it does about her in particular.

Hmn, so, Judge Roy Bean? Actually, I liked him. As long as he stayed in the movie world.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our County along with 5 others has extended the shelter in place until end of May.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....