Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

take your vitamin D and stay away from all the nastiness on instagram, lol.
    https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1548/rr-6

• Options

Always-on webcams, virtual “water coolers,” constant monitoring: Is the tech industry’s new dream for remote work actually a nightmare?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/04/30/work-from-home-surveillance/

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently, they have to go even further crazy. Stores here are now requiring customers to wear face masks to enter. A bit ridiculous.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

This man is a genius, unfortunately now that's it's in the news this place too will be destroyed by ****.
    https://news.yahoo.com/man-found-camping-disney-worlds-142508845.html?bcmt=1

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but when this whole virus lockdown started weren't we being told that it was going to be for 2 weeks, to give the medical community a chance to ramp up for the coming onslaught?

And what has happened?

We're now planning for 2 months in most places, and the medical community has laid off huge numbers of workers.

Am I missing some piece of this puzzle?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

They locked up all the liquor in the store, not just the expensive stuff. Had to pick up my Scotch at aisle 3.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but when this whole virus lockdown started weren't we being told that it was going to be for 2 weeks, to give the medical community a chance to ramp up for the coming onslaught?

And what has happened?

We're now planning for 2 months in most places, and the medical community has laid off huge numbers of workers.

Am I missing some piece of this puzzle?

Yes. You are missing the thirst. The insatiable thirst for power.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

In which states have they gone the most power hungry? Blue or red? Something to remember come November.

• Options

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

Santa Clara County shelter-in-place extended until May 31st.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited May 2020

@Yakster said:
    Santa Clara County shelter-in-place extended until May 31st.

WTF, Why not November 7th?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Today I was the only one in the supermarket not wearing a mask.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    Today I was the only one in the supermarket not wearing a mask.

Arrest that man!

• Options

I just don't understand why wearing a mask in enclosed public spaces during a pandemic is so difficult.

Security guard fatally shot after enforcing face mask policy, prosecutor says

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/calvin-munerlyn-michigan-security-guard-shot-dead-family-dollar-face-mask/

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    I just don't understand why wearing a mask in enclosed public spaces during a pandemic is so difficult.

Security guard fatally shot after enforcing face mask policy, prosecutor says

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/calvin-munerlyn-michigan-security-guard-shot-dead-family-dollar-face-mask/

I saw that on the News this morning. I wonder how many others the shooter has killed for insignificant things? Sometimes I think that those kinds of criminals should be tested for Organ Donor compatibility, harvest to begin when testing is completed.

• Options

• Options

Thanks for the link, @webmost, this hasn't been fun so far and it looks like it won't be fun later.

• Options
    edited May 2020

A Russian paramedic who complained about being forced to work after testing positive for COVID-19 was in critical condition after falling from a hospital window in western Russia, according to multiple media reports. In the last two weeks, two other health care workers who challenged Russian medical authorities fell from windows to their deaths.

• Options

What a remarkable coincidence.

Or not.

• Options

• Options

55 cases in my small town and of those 11 have died; 20% is bad odds. Lot of us old codgers hereabouts.