Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bubble people!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's awesome, have fun and good luck! But seriously endless fun and jokes will be had for sure.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who knew searching for "movable partitions" on GIPHY would be so NSFW?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Bubble people!

If you guys just wrap up in bubble wrap.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    Just shut down New York City every year and call it a day.

Hell, just close it off permanently. Or turn it into a covid sanctuary city. You get it ans you get sent to NYC.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

Paul and Chris get it, great movie. Where's Snake Plissken when you need him?

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Republican legislature sued the leftie governor to lift the overreaching stay-at-home BS. Yesterday, the state Supreme Court ruled in the R's favor. My home away from home is open again!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Our, fat **** has also been sued.

MOW badge received.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Road trip!

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

Photo of someone's doctor found on the PSD forum.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to see stats on the number of cases of people who got it but never knew they were sick. Willing to bet it's pretty large.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll never see those numbers. That would show this whole circus has been a sham.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

Meanwhile our fearless leader is taking hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic to prevent the symptoms of covid-19....

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Speaking of kids and the virus,.... A couple of weeks ago I was working out in the driveway and noticed a bunch of vehicles go by that all looked like "teenager rides". Then about two minutes later they all came back by and I noticed one vehicle had a poster board sign that said "Happy Birthday Ryan". I assumed they did a Covid19 drive-by to wish one of their friends a happy birthday. It warmed my heart a little bit.

• Options

Colleen and the kids were in 2 of those for her family, I was at work. Saturday we will be in one for my nephew.

MOW badge received.
  • Options

My sister is a 3rd grade teacher and she said that all the kids are doing drive-by birthdays now.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I'm not smart enough but any reasons why the death counts between the Johns Hopkins University Counter and the CDC death counter are way off?

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

91,000 vs 67,000

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone's using common-core.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

from the CDC web site you linked to:
    How it works
    The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) uses incoming data from death certificates to produce provisional COVID-19 death counts. These include deaths occurring within the 50 states and the District of Columbia.

NCHS also provides summaries that examine deaths in specific categories and in greater geographic detail, such as deaths by county, by race and Hispanic origin.

COVID-19 deaths are identified using a new ICD–10 code. When COVID-19 is reported as a cause of death – or when it is listed as a “probable” or “presumed” cause — the death is coded as U07.1. This can include cases with or without laboratory confirmation.

Why these numbers are different
    Provisional death counts may not match counts from other sources, such as media reports or numbers from county health departments. Our counts often track 1–2 weeks behind other data.

Death certificates take time to be completed. There are many steps to filling out and submitting a death certificate. Waiting for test results can create additional delays.
    States report at different rates. Currently, 63% of all U.S. deaths are reported within 10 days of the date of death, but there is significant variation between states.
    It takes extra time to code COVID-19 deaths. While 80% of deaths are electronically processed and coded by NCHS within minutes, most deaths from COVID-19 must be coded by a person, which takes an average of 7 days.
    Other reporting systems use different definitions or methods for counting deaths.
    Things to know about the data
    Provisional counts are not final and are subject to change. Counts from previous weeks are continually revised as more records are received and processed.

Provisional data are not yet complete. Counts will not include all deaths that occurred during a given time period, especially for more recent periods. However, we can estimate how complete our numbers are by looking at the average number of deaths reported in previous years.

Death counts should not be compared across states. Some states report deaths on a daily basis, while other states report deaths weekly or monthly. State vital record reporting may also be affected or delayed by COVID-19 related response activities.

• Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some states use died because of virus...some states used died with the virus. Our governor, who is a Democrat, has come out and said the latter is used by states to politicize against the current administration.

• Options

Trump said that he is also taking zinc, and that he has taken an initial dose of azithromycin, or Z-Pak.

WTF? why is he taking a heavy-duty antibiotic if he isn't sick?

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Trump said that he is also taking zinc, and that he has taken an initial dose of azithromycin, or Z-Pak.

WTF? why is he taking a heavy-duty antibiotic if he isn't sick?

The secret government vaccine backfired.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

makes sense they would test it on him first.