Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

LA looks more like beetle juice than lightfoot, scary stuff.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn... I'd spent my entire life thinking America was the fattest nation...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

In my state every death is covid, they are incentivize to declare so. The hospitals get money, and life insurance companies don't have to pay out, it's a win, win, lose situation.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Things pretty much back closer to normal here around where I live. Everything is stocked in stores. Traffic is absolutely horrendous once again, a lot more businesses starting to open up, of course some (gyms etc.) in reduced 25% capacity.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Several weeks ago, NC posted the phases that would occur as the state re-opened. There were 3...the first would last at least 2 weeks then the second would last 5 weeks then the 3rd would start...Phase 1 started two weeks ago tomorrow and yesterday the governor announced phase 2 would start tomorrow at 5PM. Strange thing is that he modified Phase 2 to allow restaurants and hair / nail salons and public pools to open at reduced capacity (as planned) but decided to keep gyms, movie theaters and bars totally closed. Seems like strange reasoning to me...I don't see how a reduced capacity on any of the open businesses would be any less dangerous than those that can't open.

• Options

My gym has always done a good job of keeping everything clean and sanitary. I feel safer there than anywhere else I can think of, yet I'm not allowed to go there.... I can go to Wal-mart though...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

^indeed, there are huffing and puffing people and socially uninhibited drunks at Walmart too....

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:

and life insurance companies don't have to pay out,

• Options

Certain policies have a pandemic clause, not all but some.

MOW badge received.
  • Options

“The only exception would be sometimes people have what's called accidental death and power fees. So, it's always important to just understand what you have.”

MOW badge received.
  • Options

And here's another, states some current policy's are written with different clauses. I'm covered, but some are not know what you sign.
    https://www.quickquote.com/blog/does-life-insurance-cover-coronavirus/

MOW badge received.
  • Options

I get what their saying, but this made me laugh.

• Options

That made me laugh too. My point was that the company knows the policy of the deceased and if they are covered, it benefits them and the hospital to label everything as covid.

MOW badge received.
  • Options

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

If only someone would convince Trump that Medical Marijuana will help.

• Options

Well, apparently, yes, they do.

• Options
    edited May 2020

@webmost Your pictures in this thread and others are not posting up, just showing a little empty square box, just wanted you to be aware of it.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm seeing the pictures. Are you looking on your phone? Or on a PC?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I'm seeing the pictures. Are you looking on your phone? Or on a PC?

iPhone let me check on my MBP in a few minutes here.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here with iPhone but some threads I do see what @webmost posts. Must be the government or google censors. Those are the posts they don’t what me to see.

• Options

They do not show up on my MBP either...Get the small blue square box with a ? mark in it on the MBP.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m only getting an empty box on my iPhone - FYI

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess he's "on the list". How long before the rest of us slide down the rabbit hole?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

must be a mac problem, they show up on chrome/android phone.