Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

cludgy google translate:

“Look, doctors, sons of your **** mother, just to let them know, I know they have a goal and they paid them so that everyone who gets sick to the hospital or to Isolate it as infected by IMSS and then kill it yourself.

So that they will know for each family member that you kill me, I am going to kill 10 of you, so you already know ”

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stay safe Edward. Masks and gloves.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Thanks David!
    Try to ignore the goofball doing the introduction.
    I am not sure I believe anything that is said, but it is interesting.

Post edited by Guitarded on
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, true to form, YouTube has taken down whatever video that was... 👎

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Guitarded said:
    Thanks David!
    Try to ignore the goofball doing the introduction.
    I am not sure I believe anything that is said, but it is interesting.

Just thought it was a different point of view and yes goofball is an accurate description of the guy.
    I think the truth will never be known.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    A Russian paramedic who complained about being forced to work after testing positive for COVID-19 was in critical condition after falling from a hospital window in western Russia, according to multiple media reports. In the last two weeks, two other health care workers who challenged Russian medical authorities fell from windows to their deaths.

Was Hillary over there?

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YankeeMan said:

@silvermouse said:
    A Russian paramedic who complained about being forced to work after testing positive for COVID-19 was in critical condition after falling from a hospital window in western Russia, according to multiple media reports. In the last two weeks, two other health care workers who challenged Russian medical authorities fell from windows to their deaths.

Was Hillary over there?

She landed under sniper fire.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YankeeMan said:

@silvermouse said:

Was Hillary over there?

That’s where she trained

• Options
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

What's your point?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ Fidn't work then, probably didn't work this time either, but precedence was set.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

Fkn Canadians!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Got my stimulus.
    Texted my grandsons thanks.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

good interview:

Outspoken immunologist Peter Doherty believes scientists could have a coronavirus vaccine ready by September.

https://www.afr.com/life-and-luxury/health-and-wellness/i-m-79-i-won-the-nobel-prize-and-i-don-t-give-a-s-20200506-p54qhb

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Didn't he have a health emergency a few years ago?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    Didn't he have a large health problem a few years ago?

IIRC, he was the one who stroked out and got bit up by a tiger on stage. I think he got crippled by the stroke. That's what killed their act.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

Propaganda? You decide.

I just saw an article claiming that "the rich" infected "the poor" with corona virus.

Anyone seen Bugattis or Rolls Royces cruising their neighborhoods with rich folks sneezing out the windows?

Here's another thought: Every day I see the news reporting the national death toll total from this virus here in America. Sometime last week I remember it being at 70,000 +, with projections reaching 130,000 "if states continue to re-open".

Now, that's horrible for those 70,000 and their families. They have my deep sympathy. But I hear conversations where people are awed by the numbers; "70,000 people! Can you imagine?". Um, yes. I'm not sure what the daily death toll in our country is, haven't looked it up, but I'd have guessed at least 20 or 30 thousand of our 330 million citizens pass on every day. I could be wrong.

So, thinking about 70,000 people, I think: Turn a 8 x 11 piece of paper sideways and draw a line from one end to the other. Now, divide that into 3 1/3. That will represent 100 million in the 3 equal sections, and 30 million in the leftover. Now, divide one of the 100 million sections into 100 parts, one million each. Now, divide one of those 100 parts into 10 sections of 100,000 people each. Seven tenths of one of those ten sections is the national death toll.

What? Your pencil doesn't have a fine enough tip to create those sections? Well, just imagine then that you're going to close off the economy of the entire world because of that tiny speck that your pencil cannot even divide.

Does that make any sense?

So, what's the point? That Amos is a cold-hearted bastid?

No. It might be true, but that's not the point. The point is that the News Agencies and our Feckless Leaders know perfectly well the real meaninglessness of the numbers, and that people don't generally understand numbers of that size, and that generating large-scale FEAR will turn most people into easily controlled zombies who will give up everything that's truly of value in their lives for a false promise of safety.

So, shall we continue to close our hospitals, fire the doctors and nurses, send the clinicians home, shutter our businesses, prevent our families from gathering, lock the church doors, all because about 2 or 3 days worth of our natural morbidity rate has occurred over a 4 month period?

Does that make any sense? At all?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Sounds like Amos needs a Snickers bar.

That's funny, because I did go and make lunch right after typing that. "Jazzy Jambalaya" Campbell's soup, I'm not sure if that'll settle me down or not?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with you on this. Also, I feel that since this has been highly politicized, it is possible that these numbers have been padded to wreck the Republican side. After all...politicians only care about themselves.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Using TODAY'S numbers from the CDC site:
    1, 324,488 cases in the US. .401% of the population.
    79,756 deaths. .024%

(based on 330 million, Your mileage msy vary. Product sold by weight not by volume)

To answer the daily mortality rate query: about 7452 people die each day in the US (www.mindexmundi.com)

Why not wreck the whole ball of wax. F**kabuncha politicians anyway.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

COVID-19 Disinformation Activity from CISA (DHA Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency)

High-level information lacking detail.

https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/CISAInsights-COVID-19_Disinformation_Activity_508.pdf

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's all a sham. Are we going to shut the country down every flu season? People are going to die from one thing or another. That can't be stopped. Why destroy people's livelihoods over such a mild disease? 92% survival rate doesn't equal destroying lives and the economy.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.