Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the update, @NorCalR1

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here we go!

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Governor Greg Abbott just signed an executive order and over ruled the damn Judge...No fine no jail time now. So this is going to get REAL interesting now!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had no idea we were still under a stay at home order or not in the first phase yet, there are people everywhere in town/cities LOL Traffic has been crazy the last 2 weeks!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:
    Our County along with 5 others has extended the shelter in place until end of May.

They have gone completely power-mad. Remember that come election time.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:

@NorCalR1 said:
    Our County along with 5 others has extended the shelter in place until end of May.

They have gone completely power-mad. Remember that come election time.

It’s a Liberal state come election time it will continue to be that way...
    12 years and We will be able to move out

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

Illinois is the same.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    Interesting video

https://youtu.be/xfLVxx_lBLU

Youtube took that one down, "Dr. Erickson COVID-19 FULL Briefing (Bakersfield doctors dispute need for stay at home order)", here it is posted again.

https://youtu.be/UaTYYk3HxOc

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Vice President Mike Pence toured the Mayo Clinic without a mask despite that renowned medical facility requring all visitors had to wear masks to avoid spreading the coronavirus.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear some famous words echoing down through the corridors of time... "At this point, what does it matter?"

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

@Yakster said:
    Interesting video

https://youtu.be/xfLVxx_lBLU

Youtube took that one down, "Dr. Erickson COVID-19 FULL Briefing (Bakersfield doctors dispute need for stay at home order)", here it is posted again.

https://youtu.be/UaTYYk3HxOc

Does anyone have a lead as to where we might once again find that video? Maybe someplace other than YouTube who seems intent on keeping it unavailable?

I’d like to forward it to some friends. It was about 52 minutes of cold, hard facts put out there by two Kern County (Bakersfield, CA, I think) doctors who absolutely showed that the mortality rate for Covid-19 is about the same as the usual strains of flu virus that we see each year - a very small percentage of the patients of those strains of flu.

These two doctors have over 40 combined years of experience in immunology and virology and surely know what they’re talking about.

More people need to see that video!! Thanks if you know how else to locate it. 👍

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can still find it on facebook, Marty.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@peter4jc said:
    You can still find it on facebook, Marty.

The one time in my life I wish I did Farcebook. Oh, well.

Thanks, Peter. @peter4jc

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

We had a pug test positive in Chapel Hill. No word if he was self quarantining.

• Options
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    So anybody can just make up rules and levy fines for whatever they want? Next is tinfoil hats for all.

You don't already have one?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the biggest piece of excrement to hit the fan in long long time. The weird thing about it is that almost anything is believable, and unbelievable. Say anything you want about the virus and it's consequences and someone will agree with you, and someone else will think you're an idiot, criminally negligent, morally bankrupt, and a fascist.

• Options
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you both! I just watched this, and these guys have presented the most intelligent and, I believe, accurate assessment of this situation that I've seen. Everything they say fits perfectly with what I learned in college microbiology, and 25 years experience in ER and ICU nursing. The damage done by this flu-like virus pales in comparison to the damage done by our over-the-top response.

Think about it. Back in the 90's extensive research was present in The Lancet, I believe, about children who had been brought up in homes where disinfectant was the order of the day. Their well meaning moms "protected" their kids from every possible germ, thereby raising children who were rarely exposed to normal levels of life-on-planet-earth. The resulting adults had health related complications at abnormally high rates.

You can't hide from life. Unless you're dead, I guess.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was there this morning but down before I could finish it

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    This is the biggest piece of excrement to hit the fan in long long time. The weird thing about it is that almost anything is believable, and unbelievable. Say anything you want about the virus and it's consequences and someone will agree with you, and someone else will think you're an idiot, criminally negligent, morally bankrupt, and a fascist.

I agree with you. Now stop spreading this misinformation, before someone gets hurt, cuz then it would be your fault, and you'd deserve jail time, you commie! :D

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options

Ok, I found the original article on the 23ABC News Bakersfield site, this one shouldn't be taken down, I think.

Accelerated Urgent Care doctors recommend lifting shelter-in-place order

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

@Bob_Luken said:

Case in point:
    https://youtu.be/Hspw7Y1Gc5s

That was very python-esque.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)