Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess the govmnt filters are only built for iOS right now.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beats me.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you're just not looking hard enough.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    I see the photos too. Evidently, they only show up for the pure in heart.

Heart still clean, just had a Heparin flush yesterday 😜

• Options
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!!

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Wish I could see it, but my internet connection out here in God's Country only allows 3 second bursts of video followed by 90 seconds of buffering. I've known the Rockefeller info for a long long time.

On another note, there's a Yahoo News article headline claiming that areas that vote Democrat are being harder hit than others. Why? I don't know. Perhaps re-breathing the virus repeatedly inside that mask is not such a good idea?

In truth, I suspect that it's simply that more heavily populated areas tend to vote Democrat, and they live close together, and that means it's easier to transmit.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

And heavily populated/urban areas often have greater disparities in access to good health care which often leads to the dreaded co-morbidities.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or democrats just die easier.
    They believe everything is going to kill them so it does.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

That made me think of "Yellowbeard", the Monty Python movie. Yellowbeard and Marty Feldman (can't think of the characters name) are building coffins in the prison and Yellowbeard is complaining about the death rate:

"When they stretched me on a rack for a couple o' years ya didn't see me go around dyin' all over the place! No! They'll have to KILL me afore I die!"

Always cracked me up.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Whlie Mercola has serious conflict of interest problem himself I found this article is challenging some of my ideas about what is going on with the current pandemic:

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/05/27/tech-companies-coronavirus.aspx

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options

• Options

The Wife and I were on call for the Y2K Apocalypse, got early reports from my company's offices in England that it was a dud, but didn't get to celebrate the new year.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

Remember the big acid rain scare? Shouldn't we have all starved to death by now? Weird.

• Options

The bottom line is that apocalypses remain problematic to predict, despite Science and models and algos and all of that. Makes you wonder just what Stonehenge was built to avert... or what Greta will regret once she grows up.

Ha ho. I'll be gone by then.

• Options

Just curious, anyone checked on that hole in the ozone lately?

• Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have signs over I-70 that tells us what time of day we should gas up our vehicles because of the ozone layer. Happens maybe twice a month.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but next time I’m in the neighborhood....

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Just curious, anyone checked on that hole in the ozone lately?

Actually, I did. Turns out it moved from the South Pole to the North Pole. No kidding. Penguins were getting sunburn; now it's auks.

• Options

Here's an impressive way to graph it:

Wuhan deaths in the green equal Wuhan deaths in the yellow equal Wuhan deaths in the red.

• Options

a study on the effect on the heart of hydroxychloroquine.

https://www.heartrhythmjournal.com/article/S1547-5271(20)30526-9/pdf