Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to the lab the other day for some routine blood work. They had a machine that scanned my drivers licence and my insurance to check me in and fill my paperwork. This same machine sent me a text when it was time to go in with what exam room to go to. Most of this Covid stuff is stupid as I'll get at, but some of these leaps in efficiency are impressive. Shame it took a pandemic to make people update the way they run things. Last year I would have to go in 20 minutes early to sign forms and fill in paperwork. Now they want me to come in exactly at appointment time. It's kinda nice.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:
    I went to the lab the other day for some routine blood work. They had a machine that scanned my drivers licence and my insurance to check me in and fill my paperwork. This same machine sent me a text when it was time to go in with what exam room to go to. Most of this Covid stuff is stupid as I'll get at, but some of these leaps in efficiency are impressive. Shame it took a pandemic to make people update the way they run things. Last year I would have to go in 20 minutes early to sign forms and fill in paperwork. Now they want me to come in exactly at appointment time. It's kinda nice.

Better'n that, the wife's had at least half a dozen appointments via telemedicine during this insanity. No more sitting in a room full of people who are full of germs for an hour and a half past your actual appointed time, while reading a sign ironically posted there that says they'll charge you twenty five bucks if you are late to your appointment. Did not have to go in at all.

The medical is the only industry which thrives while demonstrating utter contempt for the customer's time. TOWMBO went in for a long-delayed surgery couple weeks back... Scheduled for 7:30 a.m., but they didn't roll her in until the verge of noon.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

The medical is the only industry which thrives while demonstrating utter contempt for the customer's time. TOWMBO went in for a long-delayed surgery couple weeks back... Scheduled for 7:30 a.m., but they didn't roll her in until the verge of noon.

And if you mention it or complain, they always blame it on some handy emergency or other such excuse that’s supposed to make you feel guilty for complaining...

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went in to see the doctor at Kaiser Permanente yesterday for a scrape on the head.

It was a joke, they never asked me for any ID, all they cared about was payment, and the temperature scanner wasn't working so they got all up on me with a hand scanner right in my face.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I went in to see the doctor at Kaiser Permanente yesterday for a scrape on the head.

It was a joke, they never asked me for any ID, all they cared about was payment, and the temperature scanner wasn't working so they got all up on me with a hand scanner right in my face.

Whew! Close one! Coulda been the rectal probe.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Governor is shutting down most of CA again.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:
    Governor is shutting down most of CA again.

Maybe he'll do the right thing and only shut down the major cities. That's where California's problems come from.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Some days, PJ Media has something worth looking at... not often, but:

“By any standard, no matter how you look at it, the U.S. is losing its war against the coronavirus,” claims Axios in a story published on Saturday.

Does Axios consider the United States to have lost the war on H1N1?

Asking for a friend.

These days, "news" is just such a giggle.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

I am being the "good citizen" and wear my new mask in public. Most stores here really don't care much anymore about enforcement to much but you'll get bad looks from people if not wearing one. I still have 3M N95 masks but they really are harder to breath wearing one vs the cloth, plus makes my face itch compared to the cloth.

BUT there has been some problems... I've been asked or called if Pantera is racist or have been called a racist since wearing it... some people see/read it and literally move away from me quickly, I guess they think I'm an angry, deranged, disturbed, lunatic, I really don't know. As of yesterday I was finally complimented on it and asked where did I get it from, I said kindly responded the Pantera Official Store.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

My neighbor's masseuse tested positive for Covid 2 days ago and has a fever now, not a false positive. I talked with that neighbor for 10 minutes in the driveway the day BEFORE she went to get the massage...She has to self quarantine now and her husband has COPD and is going fvcking nuts!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.michaelzwilliamson.com/cms/index.php/608-here-s-the-science-on-covid-masks

Kind of a long read but worth a look regardless of your point of view.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

We lost a 2nd person from work yesterday. Retired Army LTC and Logistician for the Command
    RIP Scott S

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Almost like geometric progression... and it’s scary ****. 👴🏻

• Options

@Diver43 said:
    We lost a 2nd person from work yesterday. Retired Army LTC and Logistician for the Command
    RIP Scott S

Sorry to hear that Ron. Terrible news.

• Options

"More people over age 100 have died [from corona virus] than people under 30"
    Thomas E. Woods, Jr.

https://youtu.be/6RDffMCAujg

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

4 million cases. Still less than 1.5 % of the population. Call me when it hits 40%, then I'll start getting concerned.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

Is it true that it's death rate is 0.26%?

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

Massachusetts death rate is about 8%....

• Options

It seems to be deadlier in Democrat states. Is it because democrats have less will to live or do they just believe it's so deadly that they die when they find out they have it?