webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

So 3% mortality
    ... reported, that is
    ... of confirmed cases, that is

What a mystery

Started out as something you had to eat a bat to get
    Now it's something people over six feet tall are twice as apt to catch
    and people with Neanderthal DNA are I forget how more likely to die from

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is being pushed as so contagious but I am required to walk down the hallway while Covid patients have their doors open. Just saying shouldn’t they be shut down to stop the droplets or whatever contained to their rooms.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do the rooms have negative ventilation?

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still seems like much ado about nothing.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Do the rooms have negative ventilation?

I’m not sure but it just seems if it’s that bad then why take the chance. I have covid rooms on each side of me but they aren’t on ventilation.

• Options

Yikes. Hospitals are dangerous places.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two neighbors (married) have the Corona Virus, the wife is late 50's, husband is 70's and just had heart surgery or something along those lines.

Anyone hear about the potential CDC scandal going on? Check this out.
    https://www.oann.com/cdc-accused-of-quietly-modifying-covid-death-stats/

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

^^ Here's the nub:

According to reports on the update, the agency admitted that just over 9,000 deaths were actually caused by the virus. If that’s true, the other 94-percent of COVID-related deaths would have been caused by comorbidities or other illnesses in the patient that may have contributed to their death.

However, the CDC and some medical experts have said that’s a blatant misinterpretation of their revisions. The agency said the update actually revealed that for six-percent of COVID-related deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause of death mentioned on their death certificates. If true, that would mean six-percent of patients died without any comorbidities.

That's one helluva couple stats

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

Robust T cell response towards spike, membrane, and nucleocapsid
    SARS-CoV-2 proteins is not associated with recovery in critical COVID19 patients

https://www.cell.com/cell-reports-medicine/pdf/S2666-3791(20)30118-X.pdf?_returnURL=https://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S266637912030118X?showall=true

• Options

Covid was not as bad as initially thought. Two weeks into lockdown it was becoming apparent. Fuckedup economy and thousands of businesses/livelihoods destroyed needlessly. The politicization and militant handling of a respiratory infection should be investigated and prosecuted.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    Covid was not as bad as initially thought. Two weeks into lockdown it was becoming apparent. Fuckedup economy and thousands of businesses/livelihoods destroyed needlessly. The politicization and militant handling of a respiratory infection should be investigated and prosecuted.

None of these investigations lead anywhere. What would make this investigation any different?

• Options

True.

• Options

• Options

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/515979-coronavirus-on-college-campuses-fueling-nations-largest-outbreaks-analysis

"Community spread is most likely occurring as students interact in apartments or crowded bars, according to officials.

There were only 70 cases reported per 100,000 residents in Whitman County in late July before Washington State students returned to the area, according to the county public health director Troy Henderson.

“About 12,000 young adults pulled into a very small rural town,” Henderson said and now the locality is reporting 1,295 cases in the last two weeks."

• Options

A lot of college kids are reckless, they're spreaders; maybe without symptom but can end up sending the teacher or old farts like you to the hospital.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Then in that instance, I or the teacher would be the 'case'.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

I still think it is beneficial to know you are infectious. What would you prefer to call that?

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

Potentials.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options

good ^
    or vectors

• Options

I laughed my ass off on the ride home today. The guy in the car next to me was driving with his windows up, wearing surgical gloves and a mask.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something about this whole coronavirus epidemic just does not make any sense. And it isn't that it has been used as a political football. None of it makes any sense to me. I can't explain it any better then that......

• Options

I'll stop taking the pandemic seriously when this black line stops going up:

• Options

@silvermouse said:

Oh for heaven's sake. The line will always go up. People still die from the bubonic. A disease virtually never goes away... it just ceases to be pandemic.

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

@silvermouse said:

Oh for heaven's sake. The line will always go up. People still die from the bubonic. A disease virtually never goes away... it just ceases to be pandemic.

We have a current outbreak of bubonic locally. Something about infected squirrels.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options

Is that the actual covid death number or the over-inflated democrat number?

• Options

@Wylaff said:

@webmost said:

@silvermouse said:

We have a current outbreak of bubonic locally. Something about infected squirrels.

Must be Democrats.

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Again, the Amish are still doing well up in these parts. Something to do with their immunity to television or whatever. :D
    The part that rubs me really bad is the way the Leftists keep calling it a "disease" and pretending a cure is gonna make it all better when I know they are just keeping this drama going until the next flu season hits so they can start up all over again. Elections, sure. Like Trump isn't going to "win", I mean come on. Anyway, pneumatic influenza is always serious, especially if its a coronavirus influenza. The question people ought to ask is, how have we fared thus far at thoroughly inoculating the public from any influenza? Oh, I forgot, it's a "disease"...
    I had it, it sucks, a lot. I was down for about 7 weeks from late Jan through the start of March and it was terrible. I'm also not in the 1 percent of those who would die, either. Oh, wait...the news is now saying young people are all going to die from it, how convenient.
    Statistics are shady at best, the media moved from fearmongering the infection rate at the beginning because they didn't have a death rate to hype, to promoting the death rate due to the Liberal States declaring massive death tolls (surprising), then back to exaggerating infection rates as the virus burns off and we're closing in on next season.

Seriously, if folks can't see the pattern here, I just don't know what else to say except VIRAL INTERFERENCE. Go get that flu shot A.S.A.P. if you don't care what this means. Good luck.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's what's going on here in So. Calif. This is BS

"The county reached the positivity rate that will allow it to move to the red tier (7.8%), but the case rate remains higher than the state's requirement, RUHS officials said. Last week, the state began adjusting the case rate higher for counties that are not meeting the required daily average testing volume, which brought Riverside County's case rate from 7.4 to 8.6, according to the RUHS."

This will put us back to lvl 0 (complete shut-down) because not enough people are getting tested. I think our governor wants to bankrupt the state :(

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln