Home Non Cigar Related

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

But why?

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because they're going to use flu deaths to inflate corona death stats.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or, they don't want you to see that flu deaths are drastically down and have you discern that all the flu deaths were counted as COVID deaths. (that's probably what you meant)

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don'l know, where are you getting this information? Here's a link to the CDC flu surveillance web site:
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/#PublicHealthLaboratories

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to the local feed store to get pre-emergent herbicide for the Fall application. I noticed no one is wearing masks, no mandatory sign on door, so I go in there with my Pantera mask on and ask “do I need to wear this here” the owners looked and me with a smile and said “no sir”. That was the most normal it’s felt going out in months.

“Get busy living or get busy dying”

I see so many living in just shear fear, even my neighbor who’s son and daughter in law refuse to see their grand kids who live 6 house down...Yet I’ll talk with him no mask, maybe 6 feet apart and that’s okay but them seeing their grand kids isn’t...C’Mon On Man!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

It's a known fact that kids are germ spreaders. They should all be locked up.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    It's a known fact that kids are germ spreaders. They should all be locked up.

The neighbor that won’t see the grandkids has smoked cigarettes all his life and still does...I think he’s in fear of getting it from one of the grand kids but says he’s afraid to spread it to the grand kids...I get that he’s being cautious but damn, outside drinking and smoking with the neighbors every night seems worse than seeing them, his family his choice though.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    I don'l know, where are you getting this information? Here's a link to the CDC flu surveillance web site:
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/#PublicHealthLaboratories

This is the link provided. Scroll halfway down the page.
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/overview.htm

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

As predicted, Pfizer announces the cure as soon as the election is over. Hmm....coincidence?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure I understand how people in care centers get Covid.
    Was just notified that my dad, who is around 87 or so and in a care center has covid.
    He can't leave the facility, so he didn't just catch it walking down the street.
    This is a place that won't allow any of his children to see him because of Covid, but yet he gets covid?
    WTF?

How can anyone have any faith that a care center is taking care of people, when this kind of thing happens?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

It comes in with staff members. Thankfully my child bride keeps testing negative but staff members there have gotten it and had to be quarantined....

Cleveland Clinic. "Researchers use 'big data' approach to identify melatonin as possible COVID-19 treatment." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 9 November 2020. <www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/11/201109152223.htm>.

Does that mean you'll sleep right through it?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32318-7/fulltext

Vaccines to protect against severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) have risen up the agenda of most policy makers and individuals as the second wave of COVID-19 in northern hemisphere countries grows and there is increasing pressure on health-care systems. For any licensed vaccine, efficacy and duration of protection are key issues. Vaccine efficacies to protect against infection above 80% are desirable,1 but duration of protection will remain uncertain for a number of years post licensure of COVID-19 vaccines. Preliminary evidence suggests waning antibody titres in those who have recovered from SARS-CoV-2 infection,2 but antibodies are only one part of the human immune response and acquired immunity to reinfection or the prevention of disease when reinfected.3, 4, 5 Data on immunity to other coronaviruses suggest that immunity to SARS-CoV-2 might be short lived, perhaps 12–18 months in duration.6 Whether past infection will prevent severe COVID-19 on re-exposure to SARS-CoV-2 is not known at present.
    Presently 45 candidate COVID-19 vaccines are in clinical trials in humans and ten of these vaccines are in phase 3 trials,7, 8 with expectations that some results might be announced before the end of 2020. If the results of the phase 3 trials are satisfactory, wide-scale deployment of COVID-19 vaccines is not expected until mid to late 2021.

In other words, expect more of the same BS from politicians for another year.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got phone calls last week and more yesterday about kids testing positive at my daughters high school. She started running a low grade fever Sunday. Monday me and my other daughter started also. My doctor canceled my appointments for Thursday and Friday, Saturday is the soonest we can get tested because they’re getting bombarded with testing here now.

Wishing you good luck and if infected a mild case. Holding you and your family in the Light.

@silvermouse said:
    Wishing you good luck and if infected a mild case. Holding you and your family in the Light.

Thanks Edward, hopefully just the typical fall/winter stuff where the weather keeps flip flopping. But the way this year has been going better to be safe and get tested.

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    Got phone calls last week and more yesterday about kids testing positive at my daughters high school. She started running a low grade fever Sunday. Monday me and my other daughter started also. My doctor canceled my appointments for Thursday and Friday, Saturday is the soonest we can get tested because they’re getting bombarded with testing here now.

Hope all turns out well. Beginning with negative tests.
    My son and soon to be daughter in law both tested positive him with none and her with mild flu symptoms. Keep us posted

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

We're all going to get it, it's just a matter of time. I don't understand why we're fighting it so hard. It's inevitable. 98% survivability rate.

@ShawnOL said:
    We're all going to get it, it's just a matter of time. I don't understand why we're fighting it so hard. It's inevitable. 98% survivability rate.

In a way I agree with you we just can’t all have it at the same time because so many do have to be hospitalized.

take this stuff seriously:
    Life after COVID hospitalization: Study shows major lasting effects on health, work and more
    Death, rehospitalization, and problems with basic activities, jobs, mental health and finances seen in many patients treated at 38 Michigan hospitals
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/11/201111180635.htm

Hopefully we are on the downward slope again by January 20th because I can see Biden doing another lockdown.

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    Hopefully we are on the downward slope again by January 20th because I can see Biden doing another lockdown.

He has stated exactly that several times.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5