Home Non Cigar Related

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

These days people are living longer and longer. Unnaturally so, one could say. Nature seems to be trying to correct that.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just read an article that some experts are predicting that between treatment advances and multiple vaccines becoming available that the virus could be almost eradicated by next summer

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping for major advances before next year's MKE herf.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

shades of Trump behavior

Governor Gavin Newsom reportedly ignored own COVID guidelines at birthday party

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Gavin-Newsom-COVID-birthday-party-Napa-gatherings-15725725.php

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine went to Costco in Nashville yesterday. On his way into the store he saw a man coming out pushing one of those flat, low carts for large items. 3 small items, and the rest was piled high with toilet paper.

Here we go again, morons on the march.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was in Costco yesterday and the paper aisle was empty. I think the freaking TP shortages are worse than Covid... One of these days I'll give up and get the bidet.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our Costco limits to 1 per customer.

They're limiting here too, I hear.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    A friend of mine went to Costco in Nashville yesterday. On his way into the store he saw a man coming out pushing one of those flat, low carts for large items. 3 small items, and the rest was piled high with toilet paper.

Here we go again, morons on the march.

Just now returned from BJs here in DullAware. Same morons lined up from the front down to the meat counter at the end of the store then all along the meat counter and button hook back to the dairy.

Here's the idea: If it didn't work, double down.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

County I live in fell back two tiers to purple today. Major restrictions which I believe will be here for a while.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:
    County I live in fell back two tiers to purple today. Major restrictions which I believe will be here for a while.

Yeah, I hear ya. I think my county will be following suit... and just when I was beginning to feel a little freedom to do things... 😣

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost

Hmmm. That might be interesting but it flashes past so quickly one doesn’t get a chance to know...

Thanks for trying, though...

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well my test came back negative. That’s going to be another issue with straining testing sites and supplies. Those of us who get sick then have to prove it’s not corona.

Side note, I talked to a friend in Austria Saturday night and they’re back into lockdown til after Christmas. Bars, restaurants, and schools closed.

Blasted back to the Purple tier with @NorCalR1. I fear for the sanity of the populace, my Wife freaked out this morning when the refrigerator light burned out, thinking the whole fridge had gone with it. Everyone's on edge and pulling apart.

Nonsense. Complete nonsense.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

we did too, dropped to tier 3.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

Double secret probation

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

My first thought was ,..... F*** Mike Thompson for drawing the guard goose-stepping at The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Then I looked at more of his cartoons. All characters drawn walking, seem to have an extended, stiff/straight forward leg, and do not appear to be obviously goose-stepping as they are not in uniform. So now I think he's just ignorant, and doesn't understanding that an American soldier, regardless of the cartoonist's artistic style, should not be drawn like that.

@silvermouse said:

Governor Tom Wolfe in PA wants you to wear a mask indoors for Thanksgiving dinner. Anyone crossing the state border is supposed to show a negative Covid test result or else quarantine two weeks.

This is not "helping my country".

Maybe some day we'll be done flattening the curve.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Oregon dictator Kate is locking Oregon down for 2 weeks and encouraging neighbors to report their neighbors if they hold large gatherings.
    We got a notice at work that employees are "encouraged" to report other employees and call OR OSHA if proper procedures are not followed.

Some of this is sounding vaguely familiar. 1940s Germany maybe?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.