Home Non Cigar Related

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta say WTF on that one.

Mr. Einstein's words again: "Genius has it's limits, but stupidity knows no boundaries."

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

What happened to Oregon and Washington States? Did you guys let that many from California migrate there?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:
    What happened to Oregon and Washington States? Did you guys let that many from California migrate there?

Yup!
    They hated California, so they moved to the Northwest and want to make it just like California.
    Hypocrisy at it's best.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like a disease. Spreads to the better states and infects everything.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@Diver43 said:

Yup!
    They hated California, so they moved to the Northwest and want to make it just like California.
    Hypocrisy at it's best.

"see Texas"

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

@d_blades said:

@0patience said:

@Diver43 said:

Yup!
    Hypocrisy at it's best.

"see Texas"

Talked with my uncle out in Arizona, they're not to happy with the migration there, either. Might be putting "The Wall" on the wrong border, Mexicans are willing and able to work for a living. My uncle is 86, works three days a week at Sam's Club.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't know this about the vaccine.

In a virtual discussion hosted by The Hastings Center on Thursday, Fauci explained that the vaccines are being evaluated to see if they prevent clinically apparent disease in the individual, and also if it prevents severe disease in a person who was inoculated.

He compared it to trials involving the annual influenza vaccine. The jab can prevent you from getting sick, but not necessarily from being infected, although the patient may not know they have been infected because they won't develop symptoms. The same concept applies to the COVID-19 vaccine, Fauci said.

“The issue is that you’re not going to be completely protected against a degree of infection that you might not even notice that you might be able to spread to others,” he said. “Which is the reason why the message you may have heard me say over the last couple weeks in the media is that getting vaccinated with a highly efficacious vaccine does not mean that you’re going to abandon completely public health measures.”

I'm still about as worried about LONG term side effects, from a rapidly conceived vaccine, as I am the virus.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

We've had a flu vaccine for over 4 decades. We still have flu.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no way I'm getting that vaccine, ill take my chances.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:

Isn’t that because the strain keeps mutating??

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlmarta said:

@Trykflyr_1 said:

Covid-19 is already a mutation on the SARS virus. This isn't going to be any different.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:

@jlmarta said:

@Trykflyr_1 said:

Covid-19 is already a mutation on the SARS virus. This isn't going to be any different.

I was talking about the influenza virus that we take shots for each year. I believe the reason for those annual shots is because this virus keeps mutating. Am I wrong?

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

The flu vaccines are generally made up of strains we've already had. They can't account for new mutations that come out after the vaccine is released. Even if every person in the country were to get the flu vaccine this year, there will still be new strains that will infect us. It's like trying to plug up all the leaks in a crumbling dam. Plug one hole and a new one opens. But hey, at least the pharmaceutical companies are making money.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

@jlmarta said:

@Wylaff said:

@jlmarta said:

@Trykflyr_1 said:

I was talking about the influenza virus that we take shots for each year. I believe the reason for those annual shots is because this virus keeps mutating. Am I wrong?

You are correct. The same thing is happening with the current virus. It's what they do.

edited November 2020

^^^^ That's my original point. A vaccine is not going to fix this. People are delusional if they believe it will. This virus is here and it's here to stay. At some point, probably long after I'm dead and burnt, people will be calling in to work saying they have covid & will be out for a day or two just like they do now with the flu. The whole panic over this is inane. People are going to get it, some will die, most won't, regardless of the knee jerk steos taken.

People get cancer. Some die, some don't... I didn't. People drive. Some die, most don't. Where's the government and public hew & cry over any of that? It's far past time for the arbitrary bullsh*t coming from politicians at all levels o stop. I said 9 months ago this'll turn into a shooting war. There's an awful lot of talk in that direction going on now...

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:

@0patience said:

@Diver43 said:

Yup!
    Hypocrisy at it's best.

"see Texas"

See Texas and turn around...we don’t want those asinine views of how to live here, heard enough complaining already from my neighbor from California across the street...“In California we would do it this way”. Texas is where the hog dogs roam ya hear.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

@TX98Z28 said:

@d_blades said:

@0patience said:

@Diver43 said:

Yup!
    Hypocrisy at it's best.

"see Texas"

See Texas and turn around...we don’t want those asinine views of how to live here, heard enough complaining already from my neighbor from California across the street...“In California we would do it this way”. Texas is where the hog dogs roam ya hear.

@TX98Z28 said:

@d_blades said:

@0patience said:

@Diver43 said:

Yup!
    Hypocrisy at it's best.

"see Texas"

They must be so stupid they already forgot why they moved.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@d_blades said:

@0patience said:

@Diver43 said:

Yup!
    Hypocrisy at it's best.

"see Texas"

@TX98Z28 said:

@d_blades said:

@0patience said:

@Diver43 said:

Yup!
    Hypocrisy at it's best.

"see Texas"

They must be so stupid they already forgot why they moved.

Their good neighbors, just whine and complain about a lot of things and damn the wife went nuts during the start of Covid and pretty much quarantined herself in the house for over 4 months...She finally came out to breathe the air about 2 months ago, that isolation is not good for ones health.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

@webmost said:

@silvermouse said:
    Only two American conflicts have claimed more lives than the coronavirus – the Civil War and World War II.
    --NY Times

What's war got to do with it?
    Just the kind of horse manure that NYT would come up with.

While this was my first reaction, further reflection made me think: What does war have to do with it?

Have you checked up on what China is up to with their Navy lately? Because war might have a lot to do with this whole thing. There has been speculation since the beginning of the pandemic that this new corona virus was weaponized by the Chinese.

Now, some might point out that this can't be so, because that would mean that the Chinese released it on their own people first. Many would find that unthinkable. Well, many here would find that unthinkable, but would the Chinese? They've never been known for being unwilling to expend the manpower. Look at the Korean "Conflict". The Chinese armed the first wave of soldiers that they sent south, and told the next wave to pick up and use the weapons of their dead comrades.

Perhaps we're already at war, but too blind to see it.

You'll never win a war of attrition against a billion plus people.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some breaking news from CNN. Most people with the slightest amount of free thinking ability knew this nearly a year ago.

edited December 2020

Yep as soon as I saw the new 1000 bed hospital they were building while reporting a couple of hundred cases.