Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well this just hit home. A student and a student aid at the school my works at tested positive. Wife and daughter went and got tested Friday. My work put me on work from home status until the test results come in. Ugh. At least none of us are sick. Hoping the tests come back negative. More to follow

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoping for the best, Allan.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WaterNerd said:
    Well this just hit home. A student and a student aid at the school my works at tested positive. Wife and daughter went and got tested Friday. My work put me on work from home status until the test results come in. Ugh. At least none of us are sick. Hoping the tests come back negative. More to follow

Hoping everyone's test is negative
    I no longer see anyone in the office after having to get tested twice now. we can do everything electronically or by phone

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rudy Giuliani Tests Positive For Slew Of Obscure Bat Diseases Unrelated To Covid-19
    https://www.theonion.com/rudy-giuliani-tests-positive-for-slew-of-obscure-bat-di-1845255014

• Options

"In this study, we demonstrated that NO can inhibit the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in Vero E6 and we identified the SARS-CoV-2 main protease as a target for NO. There is a great need for effective antivirals against SARS-CoV-2 to be used in the on-going COVID-19 pandemic. Based on this study and previous studies on SARS-CoV in vitro [8,9], and in a small clinical trial [10], we conclude that NO may be applied for clinical use in the treatment of COVID-19 and other human coronavirus infections."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213231720309393?via=ihub

• Options

Trump downplays coronavirus by comparing it to flu | TheHill
    President Trump on Tuesday sought to downplay the coronavirus by comparing it to the flu, even though the coronavirus has killed many more people than the ...
    The Hill
    5 hours ago
    More people have died from Covid-19 than in the past 5 flu seasons combined. And coronavirus is much more contagious
    Coronavirus isn't just deadlier than the flu -- it's also more contagious. These illustrations show why.
    CNN
    1 hour ago

• Options
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

This is Floki a springer spaniel that scientists at the University of Adelaide in Australia are training to detect signs of coronavirus infection in human sweat. The research is part of an international effort to train sniffer dogs to rapidly screen people for COVID-19. The training methods are similar to those used with dogs trained to detect drugs or explosives. The canines are rewarded with positive reinforcement — in Floki’s case, being allowed to play with his favourite toy — when they pick a person with COVID-19’s sweat sample out of a line-up. Preliminary studies show that dogs trained in this way are able to identify people who are infected with the coronavirus before they develop symptoms. A pilot scheme involving 4 sniffer dogs at Helsinki airport indicated that dogs can detect the presence of the virus in less than 10 seconds with nearly 100% accuracy.

https://nature.com/immersive/d41586-020-02720-8/assets/41KVBvsc0v/2020-09-xx-news-september-iom-covid-dog_sh-2560x1440.webp

• Options

I love Floki!

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

So that's what happened to Biden.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

So the next headline from the left media will be Trump suffers from Covid dimensia he must be relieved from office...........
    2 days later. Newly appointed President Pence dead from gun accident. Both barrels of Joe Bidens double barrel stike him in the back of the neck.
    Nancy Pelosi sworn in as President. Biden drops out if race, Kamel Toe Harris sworn in as VP

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

^^^ They do that now & they still gotta get through the election process. They'll wait till Nov 4 or 5. Pence has a "stroke" or "heart attack" same day...gunshot's too obbious. If they wait a couple, Pence gets to appoint a VP. Granny Rictus still takes over and appoints hillary as Veep. Two weeks later Granny keels over, hillary takes over & appoints Kameltoe as VP.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

I hope no one from the DNC reads this stuff, or our news sources are going to start resembling "The Blacklist".

"Today in Washington......

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

.......another fateful tragedy."

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Remember Seth Rich
    **** twice in the back, they call it a botched robbery. The guy had several hundred dollars in his pocket and was wearing a Rolex. That was an execution not a botched robbery.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    ^^^ They do that now & they still gotta get through the election process. They'll wait till Nov 4 or 5. Pence has a "stroke" or "heart attack" same day...gunshot's too obbious. If they wait a couple, Pence gets to appoint a VP. Granny Rictus still takes over and appoints hillary as Veep. Two weeks later Granny keels over, hillary takes over & appoints Kameltoe as VP.

Hillary can give them some pointers.

• Options

• Options

Cannabidiol (CBD) modulation of apelin in acute respiratory distress syndrome

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jcmm.15883

• Options

Big Pharma will not be happy about this finding, though the hospitals will probably charge $20/pill:

Hospitalized COVID-19 patients who were taking a daily low-dose aspirin to protect against cardiovascular disease had a significantly lower risk of complications and death compared to those who were not taking aspirin, according to a new study led by researchers at the University of Maryland School of Medicine (UMSOM). Aspirin takers were less likely to be placed in the intensive care unit (ICU) or hooked up to a mechanical ventilator, and they were more likely to survive the infection compared to hospitalized patients who were not taking aspirin, The study, published today in the journal Anesthesia and Analgesia, provides "cautious optimism," the researchers say, for an inexpensive, accessible medication with a well-known safety profile that could help prevent severe complications.

"This is a critical finding that needs to be confirmed through a randomized clinical trial," said study leader Jonathan Chow, MD, Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology at UMSOM. "If our finding is confirmed, it would make aspirin the first widely available, over-the-counter medication to reduce mortality in COVID-19 patients."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/10/201022195637.htm

• Options

I bet if the entire U.S. population were tested right now, you would find that half of us already have coronavirus antibodies in us.

• Options

They're working on that testing as we speak. Gives 'em something to go hyper over.

• Options

hmm, wonder what Canada's doing...

• Options

Probably underreporting.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....