Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

@silvermouse said:

a study on the effect on the heart of hydroxychloroquine.

https://www.heartrhythmjournal.com/article/S1547-5271(20)30526-9/pdf

Holy Cow!

Here, we use the optical mapping technique, using voltage-sensitive fluorescent dyes, to illustrate the arrhythmic effects of hydroxychloroquine in ex-vivo guinea pig and rabbit hearts perfused with the upper therapeutic serum doses of HCQ (up to 1000ng/ml).

So, as I understand it, they **** the still-beating heart out of a furry little love budget, soak it in dye, dose it to the max, and... Lo! It doesn't beat too good.

Science.

I shouldn't have read the article.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    edited June 2020

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

• Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back to work today. Was told to go home At 3pm due to all of the protests going on. County of Riverside issued a curfew starting at 6pm and ending 6pm. Ugh 😑

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Just wanted to share this from Skip Martin. This guy worked in the industry and succumbed to covid 19.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

NY Times article up on MSN news today focused on HCA in particular, but applicable across the board, about how major medical groups took the government funds to keep people employed, then furloughed the employees while giving major bonuses to the CEO's.

I can vouch that this is NOT "Fake News". It's affected my family, exactly as reported.

Oh, and the furloughed doctors and nurse practitioners are being replaced with new doctors, presumably at a lower salary.

CEO has a nice new vehicle, though.

That should make everyone feel better.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was **** that this is how it would go down the second my state shutdown. i could write a way longer rant, but I'm lazy.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    NY Times article up on MSN news today focused on HCA in particular, but applicable across the board, about how major medical groups took the government funds to keep people employed, then furloughed the employees while giving major bonuses to the CEO's.

I can vouch that this is NOT "Fake News". It's affected my family, exactly as reported.

Oh, and the furloughed doctors and nurse practitioners are being replaced with new doctors, presumably at a lower salary.

CEO has a nice new vehicle, though.

That should make everyone feel better.

I was able to still have my port placed and start treatment. Let me tell you these places where ghost towns until 3 weeks ago. Luckily all my doctors and nurses stayed on.

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Okay... But their web page banner brags how they're all into diversity and inclusion. So. There's that, right?

• Options

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well as of this morning, I can tell you first hand. The new test is easy, they do not tickle your brain with the swabs. Barely inside each nostril, twirl the swabs and done
    One of my customers from the other week tested positive over the weekend. So I work from home until the results come back. Zero symptoms for me

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqbk9cDX0l0

Seriously, if you believe any of this garbage, you've got issues.
    Just turn off the TV for good and enjoy life.
    Also, never vote Democrat again.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options

Get you a BLTC mask
    @Usaf06

I would get this but I have a Bane mask on order

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like a banana hammock.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭✭

> @BKDog said:

> Seriously, if you believe any of this garbage, you've got issues.

>

• Options

@Wylaff said:
    It looks like a banana hammock.

Dual use

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer: These face covers are not medical grade masks. Dang.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://panterastore.com/products/stay-away-cloth-face-covering?variant=31433198141463
    I pre ordered one but now they aren't shipping till the mid July...Went to the endocrinologist yesterday and they make everyone wear a mask or they can't come in the building it's asinine. Yet I saw some workers in there NOT wearing them...

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

@TX98Z28 said:
    https://panterastore.com/products/stay-away-cloth-face-covering?variant=31433198141463
    I pre ordered one but now they aren't shipping till the mid July...Went to the endocrinologist yesterday and they make everyone wear a mask or they can't come in the building it's asinine. Yet I saw some workers in there NOT wearing them...

Hospital is like that here so I went ahead weeks ago and ordered one. The wife got hers so mine should be getting here soon. I’ll be done with treatment by the time it finally arrives

• Options

@deadman said:

@TX98Z28 said:

Hospital is like that here so I went ahead weeks ago and ordered one. The wife got hers so mine should be getting here soon. I’ll be done with treatment by the time it finally arrives

They are insanely strict even before entering the hospital's here. Neighbor's is a patient at MD Anderson, she said before you can even come close to the doors to enter the Hospital they make sure you're masked, scan your temperature, ask over 50 questions then scan you again all while waiting outside in a line in 90-100 degree temps for over 30mins.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

@TX98Z28 said:

@deadman said:

@TX98Z28 said:

They are insanely strict even before entering the hospital's here. Neighbor's is a patient at MD Anderson, she said before you can even come close to the doors to enter the Hospital they make sure you're masked, scan your temperature, ask over 50 questions then scan you again all while waiting outside in a line in 90-100 degree temps for over 30mins.

Same but only about 5 questions. And half way through treatment I had to be covid tested.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Are Harris County slime ball Judge just made another asinine order that all businesses in Harris County must require all customers or people who enter to wear face masks/coverings in their place of business or the business will be fined $3000 PER VIOLATOR!!!... Wow this is gonna go South real quick as the Governor isn't gonna block the order this time around.

We started Phase 3 on June 3rd...So were almost fully reopen and now this $hit... give me a fvcking break... I'm not wearing one I'm gonna go in to Walmart and force them to make me leave and if they lay one finger on me I'ma sue the living **** out of them for assault, harassment and anything else my lawyer wants to add!!! Enough is enough!!!

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems to me like you have too many judges in your area.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

Judgementalism! Gasp!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@ShawnOL said:
    Seems to me like you have too many judges in your area.

It’s only one Judge that keeps issuing these asinine orders. She did it because she felt the increase in covid cases due to more testing required stricter measures...yet hospitalizations and deaths are down...What a stupid fvcking idiot!!! The scum bag Mayor of Houston Sylvester Turner is pushing for stricter measures as well... ohh I forgot to mention both a far left liberals...I wonder if they realized if they sent all the illegals back to wherever to help clean up the big Sanctuary City, the covid cases would drop...