Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

Local reporter, with14 year at the station, who has had Covid, was denied a religious exemption and fired this weekend.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

So if they fire or have a bunch of health care/ law enforcement/ etc. workers leave then who the fvck is so post to help us or protect us?

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:
    Local reporter, with14 year at the station, who has had Covid, was denied a religious exemption and fired this weekend.

That reporter is going to find out that the next station also won't give the religious exemption.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    So if they fire or have a bunch of health care/ law enforcement/ etc. workers leave then who the fvck is so post to help us or protect us?

Areas that aren't under fascist regimes don't have mandates. Not sure what part of Texas your in but if your not in a big city you should be fine.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

"I'm a law abiding citizen, as long as I agree with the law." - every criminal ever

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

Its a mandate, not a law Francis

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options

Wolf in sheep's clothing

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    Its a mandate, not a law Francis

Probably an illegal mandate at that.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Well, when the president does it, that means that it is not illegal."
    -Richard Nixon

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

Curious: What religion(s) forbid immunization/vaccination? Does anyone know? I was looking into this out of honest curiosity and wasn't able to find any major religions that support the idea of "religious exemption from vaccinations."

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Christian nationalists"?

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Christian Scientists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Amish and Scientologists

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

@IndustMech said:
    Christian Scientists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Amish and Scientologists

"Scientology: in an interview for BeliefNet, Rev. John Carmichael of the Church of Scientology stated that there are no precepts or strictures about vaccinations within Scientology." (https://www.vumc.org/health-wellness/news-resource-articles/immunizations-and-religion) - though Scientology may still be recognized as a cult and not have full religious status in the US.

"Generally, Jehovah’s Witnesses have adopted a somewhat neutral stance to vaccinations. In 1931, their members were prohibited from receiving any vaccinations. However, in 1952, leaders in the Church stated that vaccination 'does not appear to us to be in violation of the everlasting covenant made with Noah, as set down in Genesis 9:4, nor contrary to God’s related commandment at Leviticus 17:10-14.'"

"Church members are free to make their own choices on all life-decisions, in obedience to the law, including whether or not to vaccinate. These aren’t decisions imposed by their church." (https://www.christianscience.com/press-room/a-christian-science-perspective-on-vaccination-and-public-health)

"Christian Scientists and the Dutch Reformed Church ― have demonstrated a precedent of widely rejecting vaccinations, but even these are not explicitly laid out in their doctrine." (https://www.huffpost.com/entry/heres-where-major-religions-actually-stand-on-vaccines_n_58dc3ef0e4b08194e3b71fc4)

"While their religious beliefs don’t forbid them to get vaccines, the Amish are generally less likely to be vaccinated..." (https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/amish-put-faith-gods-herd-immunity-vaccine-78536983)

So even in smaller, more secluded religions, such as the Amish, there seems to be no doctrine that forbids or rejects vaccinations or immunizations.

• Options

Still, Christian Nationalism isn't a religion. It's a sect of Christianity with a strong focus on internal politics that has even been called "heresy" by some Christians.

• Options

@Usaf06 said:

@TX98Z28 said:

Areas that aren't under fascist regimes don't have mandates. Not sure what part of Texas your in but if your not in a big city you should be fine.

Where I'm at they are doing it! Met my good friends fiancé for the first time a week ago and she brought a friend to dinner. Her friend is a registered nurse and she is being forced to either be vaccinated or gets fired/let go. That $hit ain't right!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Her friend is a liar. Every nurse, doctor, scientist and person with a brain lined up for their vaccinations as soon as possible.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options

@Wylaff said:
    Her friend is a liar. Every nurse, doctor, scientist and person with a brain lined up for their vaccinations as soon as possible.

Most the nurses at my wife's hospital are not vaccinated. I know your being facetious but it just goes to show you.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    edited October 2021

@Rob1110 said:
    Curious: What religion(s) forbid immunization/vaccination? Does anyone know? I was looking into this out of honest curiosity and wasn't able to find any major religions that support the idea of "religious exemption from vaccinations."

Muslims don't allow the consumption of gelatin or something like that, or vaccines made from some sort of stem cell. Apparently most vaccines have some sort of gelatinous material in them, and one of them specifically is made from human stem cells....maybe all of them.

I have a Muslim kid who works for me who is working on a waiver from the Air Force to not get the vaccine.

• Options

@TX98Z28 said:

@Usaf06 said:

@TX98Z28 said:

Where I'm at they are doing it! Met my good friends fiancé for the first time a week ago and she brought a friend to dinner. Her friend is a registered nurse and she is being forced to either be vaccinated or gets fired/let go. That $hit ain't right!

The nurse should just quit, because all the other hospitals in the country don't require the vaccine to work there 🙄

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@Usaf06 said:

@TX98Z28 said:

The nurse should just quit, because all the other hospitals in the country don't require the vaccine to work there 🙄

Yes they should, it would be glorious if 1/4 of the nation’s doctors and nurses walked out

• Options
    edited October 2021

If you want to work in a hospital or in the NBA, you have to get a shot. That's just the way it is.

If you want to work for a freight company, you need a CDL.

If you want to be a cop, you can't shoot up heroin.

There are just some jobs that have some requirements. Everyone can settle down now.

• Options

@deadman said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@Usaf06 said:

@TX98Z28 said:

Yes they should, it would be glorious if 1/4 of the nation’s doctors and nurses walked out

One quarter of them? Or one quarter of a percent? Might also be "glorious" If they required vaccination at the hospital as a condition of going to the emergency room for covid symptoms.

• Options

@VegasFrank said:
    If you want to work in a hospital or in the NBA, you have to get a shot. That's just the way it is.

There are just some jobs that have some requirements. Everyone can settle down now.

Well... my Aunt is a registered nurse in Colorado, single parent has to take care of her Autistic son and she had cancer and doesn't want the vaccine in her body so she's just so post to quit and her son Franklin starves, boys already 400lbs, he's gotta eat.

• Options

@TX98Z28 said:

@VegasFrank said:

Well... my Aunt is a registered nurse in Colorado, single parent has to take care of her Autistic son and she had cancer and doesn't want the vaccine in her body so she's just so post to quit and her son Franklin starves, boys already 400lbs, he's gotta eat.

Bro what you want me to tell you? If you're working in a hospital, they're going to make you get a shot. It's just that simple. The whole I had cancer thing sometime in my life or 6 months ago or last week is only valid if a doctor says it's valid. Hospitals are run by doctors. There should be plenty that can either grant her an exception or refuse the exception. If they refuse her the exception then she has to take the shot. I doubt they would give her medical advice to get a shot that is not in the best interests of her health.

Of course, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, so there's that...

• Options
    edited October 2021

Oh, and why you got to talk about me bro? 400 lb Franklin is right here.... 😆

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@deadman said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@Usaf06 said:

@TX98Z28 said:

One quarter of them? Or one quarter of a percent? Might also be "glorious" If they required vaccination at the hospital as a condition of going to the emergency room for covid symptoms.

My point is, there’s a labor shortage in all markets and all professions. Why make it worse. If the numbers are really as low as you say a tenth of a percent in healthcare that aren’t vaccinated then it’s not enough to make a difference and should not honestly matter then. People at least need the illusion of free will, forcing a mandate is a bonehead idea.

• Options

I guess my point is that every job....every part of our lives...have mandates, and I feel like we (antivaxxers) only have a problem with THIS mandate THIS time because THIS president gave it. Had Trump given it, which he 100 percent would have had he been reelected, all the sheep would have lined up with their arms out (my pure speculation).

My other point is that mandates exist everywhere. The very first unfunded federal mandate was the emancipation proclamation. I think we all agree that's a good one.

You are mandated to have car insurance. Stop at stop signs. Your job has mandates too. In mine for me. I'm not allowed to smoke weed. I have to get vaccinated to keep my job. I have to have good credit and swear allegiance to the United States. Those are my mandates.

You know what I say to the federal civil servants (34 of them) who work directly for me? I told them: "It's a requirement. If you don't do it, you can't work here. I hope you'll get the sho and I hope you stay, but if you don't, you will go."

It's not the end of the world. They all got the shot.

• Options

@VegasFrank said:
    I guess my point is that every job....every part of our lives...have mandates, and I feel like we (antivaxxers) only have a problem with THIS mandate THIS time because THIS president gave it. Had Trump given it, which he 100 percent would have had he been reelected, all the sheep would have lined up with their arms out (my pure speculation).

My other point is that mandates exist everywhere. The very first unfunded federal mandate was the emancipation proclamation. I think we all agree that's a good one.

You are mandated to have car insurance. Stop at stop signs. Your job has mandates too. In mine for me. I'm not allowed to smoke weed. I have to get vaccinated to keep my job. I have to have good credit and swear allegiance to the United States. Those are my mandates.

You know what I say to the federal civil servants (34 of them) who work directly for me? I told them: "It's a requirement. If you don't do it, you can't work here. I hope you'll get the sho and I hope you stay, but if you don't, you will go."

It's not the end of the world. They all got the shot.

Isn't all those work mandates things you can't do or consume? A little different when someone tells you you have to consume something to keep your job. Especially when all those nurses worked covid patients for a year and a half without it.

-- Winston Churchill