Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:

@silvermouse said:
    But if you have natural immunity and get reexposed are you not just as likely to unknowingly spread the virus as you might if you are vacc'd?

The only real difference is that if you have natural immunity (not T-cell level, but active antibodies) being re-exposed is not likely to lead to a reinfection. Eventually active antibodies fade, and then you are relying on T-cells. In which point if you were re-exposed you would get sick, but your body would me more effecient at building those antibodies. If you are relying on the vaccine you have skipped the natural antibody phase. If you are exposed you're body is using the T-cell information to build the antibodies, but exposure is more likely to equal infection. hence the Delta variant is hitting the vaccinated (no natural immunity to date) community harder than those that have been previously exposed.

I'm not sure about the vaccine making your immune system less efficient at building antibodies than natural immunity/infection. The important factor would be the window between exposures and B-Cell Ab production waning over that time.

Example: If you were exposed to the virus, built natural immunity, B-Cells begin producing Abs, eventually the infection is cleared. 2 weeks go by and you're exposed to the virus again, yes, you would likely clear the virus before it could ever take hold. However, if 6-8 months go by before subsequent infection and B-Cell SARS-COV2 specific Ab production drops (blueprints to make Abs are still existent), you would be no better off than someone who was vaccinated, as both immune systems have the blueprints to make Abs but neither would be currently producing them. Both systems would still rely on T-Cell response through APCs/MHC receptors, which would then stimulate B-Cells into Ab production.

So, yes T-Cell immunity is very important and there hasn't been as much focus on that. You're absolutely correct that T-Cell responses can be longer lasting but not quite as efficient as B-Cell/Ab response. While B-Cell/Ab response may fade over months, those blueprints should remain for your immune system to kick back into high-gear when presented with the antigen again in the future.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

@miller65rod said:
    I have corona virus banners all over my house like football teams. I keep rooting it on.

This is the greatest purge ever, only about 35 million more to go.

So we are cheering death... how hypocritical. And 2 people actually laughed. Solid. Its funny how you guys push the vaccine to "save" lives but if you refuse we will cheer your death.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

@Wylaff - also important to note the estimated 40% of people who may already have some sort of immunity by way of T-Cell response through sequence homology between SARS-COV2 and other coronaviruses. Early on, this (along with viral load) was theorized to be the reason so many people were asymptomatic, even after testing positive.

Gotta ask, are you another science nerd?

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is exactly why I am tired of being told I'm an inconsiderate monster for having caught Covid the natural way. I'm not saying one is better than the other. I am saying that both sides have a tendency to become extremely patronizing towards each other, and it's completely unnecessary. Since both forms of protection fade over a relatively short period of time, the entire argument should be completely moot and non-existent.

Nick caught Covid-19. He and his family quarantined for the time recommended by the CDC. He now has active antibodies, and a significantly higher level of protection for himself and those around him than someone infected last year, or someone relying on the vaccine. It is inherently wrong for him to be told that he is selfish, uncaring or just overly emotional for choosing not to take a vaccine that comes with it's own risks, and provides him and those around him with no benefits.

These last 6 years every single topic has become so "us-against-them" that it's sickening. The vaccine IS NOT a permanent solution. Natural immunity IS NOT a permanent solution. Instead of throwing stones at each other we need to figure out productive ways to proceed. This is the point of saying that there should not be a mandate. A mandatory medical treatment that carries risks by no benefits is draconian.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@miller65rod said:
    I have corona virus banners all over my house like football teams. I keep rooting it on.

So we are cheering death... how hypocritical. And 2 people actually laughed. Solid. Its funny how you guys push the vaccine to "save" lives but if you refuse we will cheer your death.

Nick it is not those that choose not too that I am speaking of. It is a freedom of choice.

It is the ones who have a voice, a platform or even believe some of this crap of false information even while they a dying from Covid. Choice is one thing but to brainwash many with false narratives and dis-information is another thing. There about 35 million of those in that category IMO.

Call me cold hearted, hypocritcal or whatever. When this Covid crap turned political it was lights out.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options

I do enjoy science. I am not going to spend all day pulling numbers from one source or another when they are all inherently flawed, and literally any bit of data can be tweaked or twisted to show whatever result you want. I personally am tired of there being different sides to what should be a universal issue.

When Covid-19 first came about, I was scared. As were most. My position was deemed essential. While a large portion of society was being paid to stay home and protect themselves and their families, I went to work every day. Early on someone sneezed in my face and then told me he needed to go home. 4 days later I had Covid-19. I couldn't breathe. I called the doctor and was told if my fingers turn blue, go straight to the ER. This is back when they were still intubating everyone. Well, my fingers turned blue. While my wife was getting ready to head to the ER, I collapsed onto the couch on my stomach. I regained color and the ability to breathe. I spent the next 3 days laying on my stomach and slowly recovered. Meanwhile everyone who went to the ER was getting intubated, and a lot of them were dying. I got lucky and accidentally stumbled on the safest treatment. If I had gone in, I would likely be a casualty as well.
    For the next 6 months I suffered through brain fog and bouts of severe fatigue. I do not feel like anyone should be forced to go through that.
    I then caught a different strain of Covid-19. Again, from work. This time it hit me more like a normal flu. Still uncomfortable, but the doctor thinks my earlier exposure severely lessened the symptoms for me. The antibodies from the second round lasted for a full 7 months before fading. During that 7 month period I was insulted and harassed about not being vaccinated. Almost universally by the group of people who got to stay home and protect their families while I had to go out and be around people.
    My new job required me to be vaccinated. I do not feel like it ever should have been a requirement, but this was an opportunity to good to pass up. The highest fever I had with Covid-19 was 101.7. The first round of vaccination brought me up to 103.2 and left me in so much pain I couldn't do anything for 2 days. The second round brought me all the way to 104.2. My wife was again getting ready to rush me to the ER when luckily it broke. I was still in severe pain for 48 hours. Couldn't even sleep...

This vaccine that I was "persuaded" to get is temporary. Medical science acknowledges that it is temporary. If I get exposed to Covid-19 I still have to quarantine, because even after 2 infections and a full round of vaccinations it is possible for me to infect others. Now let me ask you, can you understand why I am against the mandate, and feel each person should be able to choose?

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@miller65rod said:

Not sure, but I think Rodney was being satirical, hence the laughs.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@miller65rod said:

Not according to his rebuttal

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options

@miller65rod said:

@Usaf06 said:

@miller65rod said:

Nick it is not those that choose not too that I am speaking of. It is a freedom of choice.

It is the ones who have a voice, a platform or even believe some of this crap of false information even while they a dying from Covid. Choice is one thing but to brainwash many with false narratives and dis-information is another thing. There about 35 million of those in that category IMO.

Call me cold hearted, hypocritcal or whatever. When this Covid crap turned political it was lights out.

Trust me when I tell you Rodney that no one is as cold hearted as I am. The job will do that. I just find it funny that people pushing a vaccine to save lives will cheer your death.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys stress me out.

• Options

@Usaf06 said:

@miller65rod said:

@Usaf06 said:

@miller65rod said:

Trust me when I tell you Rodney that no one is as cold hearted as I am. The job will do that. I just find it funny that people pushing a vaccine to save lives will cheer your death.

It's also hypocritical in my opinion when the non vaxxers, antivaxxers, pro natural selectors, pro natural immunizers, I'm not gonna die-ers, don't trust the government theorists, and not in a risk category thinkers all run to the hospital when they start having trouble breathing. The hospitals aren't filled with vaxxers, but they sure are filled.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@miller65rod said:

Not according to his rebuttal

Okay, I'll bet you a hundred bucks that Rodney hasn't decorated his house with covid 19 banners

• Options

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@miller65rod said:

@Usaf06 said:

@miller65rod said:

It's also hypocritical in my opinion when the non vaxxers, antivaxxers, pro natural selectors, pro natural immunizers, I'm not gonna die-ers, don't trust the government theorists, and not in a risk category thinkers all run to the hospital when they start having trouble breathing. The hospitals aren't filled with vaxxers, but they sure are filled.

I didnt go to the hospital once. Never had trouble breathing either.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    edited September 2021

I'm so thankful, Nick. Hope you never have to...

I wasn't saying that you were hypocritical, by the way. I'm saying that those nonvaxxers on ventilators sure do look like hypocrites.

• Options

Or they took a risk based on personal choice and freedom. Why look down on someone for making that decision? Makes no sense. I dont even understand why this is a debate. I mean who gives a shìt really. Your vaxxed, im not, live long and prosper.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

I don't have a problem with any of that bro. My total complete and everlasting problem is when that freedom, that choice, affects me negatively when it didn't have to.

I took my diabetic wife with a history of lung problems to the ER for possible blood clot in her leg that they were worried was going to blow through her lungs. The ER was completely filled with people who made a personal choice. She had to sit there in a hospital full of covid patients And it took 7 and 1/2 hours before she received treatment.

If this is actually been a pulmonary embolism, she could have died sitting in the hallway waiting for a doctor. Why? Because 240 people who decided to make a personal freedom choice clogged up in the 100 person ER on Tuesday afternoon when they figured out they couldn't breathe.

Hypocrisy.

I have no problem with anyone's personal freedom choice. Just stay home when you have trouble breathing. Get some Vicks VapoRub. If people wouldn't turn their personal freedom choice into my elevated risk factor, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Since they do, I call them selfish hypocrites.

Of course, you got it, you went to your personal doctor, you got treatment, and you got better. I'm thankful for that Nick. But those 240 people in that ER on Tuesday afternoon can eat a giant bag of hairy dïcks.

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, I know I won’t convince people.

But please remember , just because you or I survived COVID , does not mean we get badge saying we are right. Many were not as lucky, and many will not be as lucky.

I am sorry some of you guys had a reaction to the vaccine, but generally as you know , it’s very well tolerated. And if your reaction precludes you from future vaccines/booster, you should be the biggest cheerleader for the vaccine , because you will need herd immunity for the next iteration of this virus.

We are a little too cute about death numbers. One death is too many if it can be prevented.

In general, if your fingers are turning blue, and don’t return to normal color quickly, please seek medical help.

• Options
    edited September 2021

@VegasFrank said:
    I don't have a problem with any of that bro. My total complete and everlasting problem is when that freedom, that choice, affects me negatively when it didn't have to.

I took my diabetic wife with a history of lung problems to the ER for possible blood clot in her leg that they were worried was going to blow through her lungs. The ER was completely filled with people who made a personal choice. She had to sit there in a hospital full of covid patients And it took 7 and 1/2 hours before she received treatment.

If this is actually been a pulmonary embolism, she could have died sitting in the hallway waiting for a doctor. Why? Because 240 people who decided to make a personal freedom choice clogged up in the 100 person ER on Tuesday afternoon when they figured out they couldn't breathe.

Hypocrisy.

I have no problem with anyone's personal freedom choice. Just stay home when you have trouble breathing. Get some Vicks VapoRub. If people wouldn't turn their personal freedom choice into my elevated risk factor, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Since they do, I call them selfish hypocrites.

Of course, you got it, you went to your personal doctor, you got treatment, and you got better. I'm thankful for that Nick. But those 240 people in that ER on Tuesday afternoon can eat a giant bag of hairy dïcks.

Why do you keep saying they are filled with anti-vaxxers. Orlando Regional has had a large number of both vaccinated and unvaccinated.
    Lets not stop at keeping the unvaccinated out of the hospitals. Lets keep the obese and cigarette smokers out also. I mean leys just make hospitals for people who exercise 5 times a week. Eat chicken and vegetables every day, and drink a protein shake with turmeric.
    Obese people knew the risk of eating McDonald's every day right, fùck em. Cigarette smokers know it causes cancer, fùck em.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

Hypocrisy.

Why do you keep saying they are filled with anti-vaxxers. Orlando Regional has had a large number of both vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Because it is what it is. Orlando may be the Nexus of a universe from a different dimension, but the CDC says that 99% of COVID cases that are resulting in a trip to the emergency room are from those people who are unvaccinated.

I know these stats don't mean anything to you, but at some point you have to actually look at the truth.

And I'll tell you this brother. I've had several people from older generations my family die of diabetes, lung cancer, obesity, heart disease, and the rest. None of them ever went to the emergency room. They got their diagnosis through their doctors, did their treatments, did the hospice thing, and died.

Hospital emergency rooms have never been flooded with an overabundance of McDonald's eaters that have prevented emergency cases from getting treatment in emergency rooms.. Emergency rooms are for emergencies.

It's another fallacy...more confirmation bias...

• Options

I got news for you Francis, the vaccinated are not an elite class.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

There you go brother. keep on spinning.

I got news for you too brother. The unvaccinated are not an elite class.

Now that we got that straw man out of the way....

• Options

I'm not the one advocating for one to get no health care. That makes you an elitist. You are not Francis.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

They are not antivaxxers they are sheep.

They don't believe in science, they don't believe the Dr's and they don't believe covid is real. Yet when they are dying from Covid they either continue to say covid is fake or they flip the script and start begging everyone to get vaccinated.

Instead they will believe a disgraced Gen who throws another BS conspiracy out there saying they are now putting the covid vaccine in salad dressing. Of course as always they have no proof of this and you have to prove them wrong. That has been the script for awhile now. Not to mention it's impossible to do. But by the end of the day you will likely have 10 million people believing it. Throw in the rest of the BS and lies you get another 25 million believing all the other false information.

There in lies the problem. F science, F Dr's, etc. Instead I will follow the guidance of a loud mouth conspiracy theorist over anything my Dr or the Govt. has to say.

Hell I just seen a billboard truck driving around with the message on it saying "don't get vaccinated". I wonder how many will be influenced by that. I am sure many.

Antivaxxers my asss.

I am even willing to bet that some on this site will be tossing salad dressing today.

Post edited by miller65rod on
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options

@Usaf06 said:
    I'm not the one advocating for one to get no health care. That makes you an elitist. You are not Francis.

Oh but that's false again brother. I'm actually the one advocating for people getting health care. Get the jab, everyone, please!

• Options

Of the couple dozen people I know who have been hospitalized in this last wave, only 2 were unvaccinated. The others were people who quarantined for 1 year +, got vaccinated, and then went into public. That is why Delta is causing so many problems. Unless you've personally asked every single person there if they were vaccinated or not, I'm going to chalk this up to your own confirmation bias, or just the specific demographics of your area.

• Options
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options

Their ex-spouses seem to agree.

• Options

@Wylaff said:
    Of the couple dozen people I know who have been hospitalized in this last wave, only 2 were unvaccinated. The others were people who quarantined for 1 year +, got vaccinated, and then went into public. That is why Delta is causing so many problems. Unless you've personally asked every single person there if they were vaccinated or not, I'm going to chalk this up to your own confirmation bias, or just the specific demographics of your area.

• Options
    edited September 2021

Yes. That is biased. In different areas the vaccinated and unvaccinated alike are being hospitalized due to Covid. It is biased generalizing to state that it is all unvaccinated.

I also love how people are disagreeing that the majority of people I personally know who have been hospitalized are vaccinated.