Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shell game.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Fear controls the masses.”

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@silvermouse said:
    I can see why the media profits from shaking the jar but isn't it counterproductive for the gov't to do so? Divide and conquer? Well, we are politically pretty divided now and I don't see a lot of happiness about it.

Division is what both sides want. If the people are hostile towards one side their is no chance they vote the other way. Everything is politically motivated.

And it creates an urgency that compels people to donate money. The leaders the use the money to consolidate power and fund further messaging, creating further urgency which compels people to donate MORE money that the leaders use to consolidate power and fund further messaging......

Govt doesn't like the division, but politicians looking to retain office do.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭✭

Humans are weird. Addicted to a stream of unhappiness???

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    I can see why the media profits from shaking the jar but isn't it counterproductive for the gov't to do so? Divide and conquer? Well, we are politically pretty divided now and I don't see a lot of happiness about it.

The average citizen thinks the other side lies, sucks at their jobs, and doesn't mean anything they say, but doesn't seem to realize that their own side also lies, sucks at their jobs, and doesn't mean anything they say. Things get dangerous for both parties once people realize everyone is corrupt and needs to go.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

you point me out a politician and I will point you out a w-****.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

new cases are up 27.6% here on the Cape in the last 7 days. It is not over yet.

• Options

Haven't you been reading the guardian Edward? The whole thing is a hoax....

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

My county lost another sheriff's deputy to the hoax last week. I remember him well from my days and nights in ER. He was a nice guy, very reasonable and easy to talk to, only came on strong when necessary. About 50 by now. Apparently he also believed the non-sensical, anti-vax et al propaganda.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that an assumption, Steve? You're assuming he died because he was unvaccinated as well as what he believed? You must've talked to someone who knew his status because I don't think you're a guy who assumes stuff like that.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@peter4jc said:
    Is that an assumption, Steve? You're assuming he died because he was unvaccinated as well as what he believed? You must've talked to someone who knew his status because I don't think you're a guy who assumes stuff like that.

Faith in a rumor is the closest I can come to answering that. Even inside information can be distorted, especially in today's environment.

• Options

Oh my gosh! Well I didn't realize this massive conspiracy! Because I know that in all government industries, nobody from the government ever goes over and works on the other side! There must be something going on here that's wrong! We're all going to be zombies! No no no no no!

The last seven CEOs of our largest contractor were former base commanders. Hate to break it to you folks, but this is common.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because it's common and happens all the time doesn't mean we shouldn't suspect shenanigans.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Just stopping in here to remind everyone not to seek medical advice on a cigar forum. I'll let myself out, carry on.

Glad no one wants a mole looked at 😂

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Oh my gosh! Well I didn't realize this massive conspiracy! Because I know that in all government industries, nobody from the government ever goes over and works on the other side! There must be something going on here that's wrong! We're all going to be zombies! No no no no no!

The last seven CEOs of our largest contractor were former base commanders. Hate to break it to you folks, but this is common.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

@peter4jc said:
    Just because it's common and happens all the time doesn't mean we shouldn't suspect shenanigans.

Lol, just because you suspect shenanigans doesn't mean it doesn't actually happen all the time.

• Options
    edited October 2021

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

No not mad bro. You go on and have your little conspiracy, if it makes you happy. I even have a hat you can wear while you make your next post....😁

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

That hat is fantastic

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

No not mad bro. You go on and have your little conspiracy, if it makes you happy. I even have a hat you can wear while you make your next post....😁

Frank where'd you buy that hat bro ;)

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

I heard they were giving them away to everyone who voted for Trump twice. Millions of them available. 😶

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

I heard they were giving them away to everyone who voted for Trump twice. Millions of them available. 😶

What do we get for the 3rd vote? Oh thats right, a competent president.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    edited October 2021

Let's see, if I order a bunch of Trump 2024 mylar balloons, I can pick up cheap hats, get my sister to do a little applique, I'M GONNA MAKE A MINT $$!!

Guess I won't get one of the free ones, since I only voted for him the 2nd time around. Went with the Libertarian first time.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

It was a joke man

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s my agree. And I thought a witty response…..

• Options

just wow:

Miami school says vaccinated students must stay home for 30 days to protect others, citing discredited info

In April, a Miami private school made national headlines for barring teachers who got a coronavirus vaccine from interacting with students. Last week, the school made another startling declaration, but this time to the parents: If you vaccinate your child, they’ll have to stay home for 30 days after each shot.

The email from Centner Academy leadership, first reported by WSVN, repeated misleading and false claims that vaccinated people could pass on so-called harmful effects of the shot and have a “potential impact” on unvaccinated students and staff.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has debunked claims that the coronavirus vaccine can “shed or release any of their components” through the air or skin contact. The coronavirus vaccines do not contain a live virus, so their components can’t be transmitted to others.

David Centner, one of the school’s co-founders, repeated the debunked claims in a statement to The Washington Post, saying the policy is a “precautionary measure” based on “numerous anecdotal cases that have been in circulation.” ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/10/18/centner-academy-students-vaccine-miami/