Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    I don't have a problem with any of that bro. My total complete and everlasting problem is when that freedom, that choice, affects me negatively when it didn't have to.

I took my diabetic wife with a history of lung problems to the ER for possible blood clot in her leg that they were worried was going to blow through her lungs. The ER was completely filled with people who made a personal choice. She had to sit there in a hospital full of covid patients And it took 7 and 1/2 hours before she received treatment.

I have no problem with anyone's personal freedom choice. Just stay home when you have trouble breathing. Get some Vicks VapoRub. If people wouldn't turn their personal freedom choice into my elevated risk factor, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Since they do, I call them selfish hypocrites.

Of course, you got it, you went to your personal doctor, you got treatment, and you got better. I'm thankful for that Nick. But those 240 people in that ER on Tuesday afternoon can eat a giant bag of hairy dïcks.

Tell me, again about the human element and understanding both sides.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

😂😂😂😂😂

@Rob1110 I told you that I was on your side bro, But your bull crap rant about how there is no real religious exemption was extremely naive at best and extremely misleading at worst.

Yes, I think you should go get a vaccine. If you choose not to, religious exemption, patriotic exemption, Cookie monster exemption, or otherwise, then Don't clog up the emergency rooms and take up the IV bags and oxygen tanks.

I don't see how I've contradicted myself, if that's what you're insinuating. It's a religious exemption is real. Stay out of the emergency room if you get it.

Your argument sucks, not your stance.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually your stance sucks also and so does Frank's. But thats to be expected from Francis. Oh and

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    Actually your stance sucks also and so does Frank's. But thats to be expected from Francis. Oh and

FIFY

• Options

@VegasFrank said:
    😂😂😂😂😂

@Rob1110 I told you that I was on your side bro, But your bull crap rant about how there is no real religious exemption was extremely naive at best and extremely misleading at worst.

Yes, I think you should go get a vaccine. If you choose not to, religious exemption, patriotic exemption, Cookie monster exemption, or otherwise, then Don't clog up the emergency rooms and take up the IV bags and oxygen tanks.

I don't see how I've contradicted myself, if that's what you're insinuating. It's a religious exemption is real. Stay out of the emergency room if you get it.

Your argument sucks, not your stance.

I think I get it.

So when you say: People have a right to refuse a vaccine but when they exercise that right, they should also lose or waive their right to medical attention - that's ok.

But when I provide people with information - what they do with that information is up to them - that's not ok.

Makes perfect sense.

Tell me, where in my post did I say "If you're of 'x, y or z' religion and you're not vaccinated, you're wrong." or "If you are a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, etc and refuse the vaccine, you're not a good Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, etc." or even "If you belong to these religions, you MUST get vaccinated."

The point of the post was to answer a question: What religions (sorry, I should have said "religious institutions" so we could avoid the "personal religion" rhetoric) forbid vaccinations? And the post addressed that. From an institutional standpoint, all major and almost all minor religions accept and even recommend the vaccine in the name of public health. Go back and re-read my post. If there's something I missed and I told anyone they had to get a vaccine, please let me know. If I did anything more than provide information, please let me know.

I didn't come here for an argument. That's on you, bud.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

I was thinking the same thing.

• Options

@Rob1110 said:

The point of the post was to answer a question: What religions (sorry, I should have said "religious institutions" so we could avoid the "personal religion" rhetoric) forbid vaccinations? And the post addressed that.

You answered a question that nobody else asked, And you phrased it carefully on purpose, ostensibly, so that you could paint the people in that category as disingenuous. The real religious question is not whether religious administrators allow you to have a vaccine. This isn't the dark ages. The real religious question is whether or not people feel compelled by their religious beliefs abstain from it. If the question was as you framed it, That religious exemption would obviously not be a thing because like you said most religions allow for people to get the vaccine.

It was more of a rant designed to disarm the ethos and pathos of those on the other side the facts that don't apply to their situation.

I didn't come here for an argument. That's on you, bud.

Same song different verse, bud. You carefully selected the definition and connotation of the word argument to mean some sort of back and forth sparring over an issue. However everything that you've written about this topic has been an argument in the rhetorical sense. You're trying to convince those on the other side of the issue that your side is correct. If you're not doing that, then read my previous comment: You're just ranting.

But you are in fact doing that, aren't you? You're going back and forth with everyone in some sort of flame stream, sending counterpoints back to anyone who has an opinion contradictory to your own. All we are missing is a couple of high heels and Maury povich, and we have a daytime TV show. You're not above the fray in this one, you're in it!

If the courts were to say that religious institutions allow for the vaccine, therefore you cannot have a religious exemption, then what they have really saying is that our federal government holds the institutions and the policies that they create in a higher regard than the individual rights of the citizens. This would actually cause a nullification of the very right of freedom of religion by individual citizens.

That you cannot see the nuance in this concept also hurts your ethos with your audience, since your entire argument is built around fact, logic, knowledge, and information, which causes those on the fence around the other side of the issue to us in the trust that they have in the facts that you bring to the table.

Oh, and I don't think Nick gives a shít.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    edited October 2021

@Rob1110 said:
    Curious: What religion(s) forbid immunization/vaccination? Does anyone know? I was looking into this out of honest curiosity and wasn't able to find any major religions that support the idea of "religious exemption from vaccinations."

Actually, I asked it.

But you're right, Frank. You win.

Vaccinations are a personal choice.

Know what else is a personal choice? Posting information about Coronavirus in a Coronavirus Information thread.

Look at that, we both win!

And don't assume my intentions. I know I'm not convincing anyone of anything. I stopped trying a long time ago. I'm also done arguing over this. Much like Nick, I don't give a shít.

• Options

@silvermouse for the win!

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally, we agree on something. No one gives a shìt. Lets all leave it to personal choice, pour a drink, and smoke a cigar.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

I'll just leave title 7 of the CRA of 1964 here for you all....since everyone agrees that I'm right 😁

UNLAWFUL EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES
    SEC. 2000e-2. [Section 703]

(a) Employer practices

It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer -

(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or

(2) to limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants for employment in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

(j) The term "religion" includes all aspects of religious observance and practice, as well as belief, unless an employer demonstrates that he is unable to reasonably accommodate to an employee's or prospective employee's religious observance or practice without undue hardship on the conduct of the employer's business.

• Options

If I would have known that all I had to do to get Nick to shut up and "not give a shït" about something was to take his position on an issue, I'd have done that last March!

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

The company my wife works for just announced that they have a certain amount of time to get their first shot and if they dont meet the deadline they will be terminated. Also the very next day is when employees who get an annual bonus are suppose to receive it but if they dont get the shot they will not receive their bonus. What a crock of shiit. Hope the entire company walks off the job.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@genareddog said:
    The company my wife works for just announced that they have a certain amount of time to get their first shot and if they dont meet the deadline they will be terminated. Also the very next day is when employees who get an annual bonus are suppose to receive it but if they dont get the shot they will not receive their bonus. What a crock of shiit. Hope the entire company walks off the job.

Get everyone together and Class Action their that company’s @ass! Enough is enough.
    My friend who’s getting married has too Dec. 8th to get it. He refuses to do so because of his religious beliefs and freedom. He probably won’t have a job and they are about to promote him to manager, guy works his fvcking ass off outside every day. Enough is enough!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

How’s that going to go down with Union companies

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:

Going to find out because the factory workers are union but office workers are not.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@genareddog said:

@deadman said:

Going to find out because the factory workers are union but office workers are not.

Most of ours too. Breaking it down it’s by site and many of our locations are just under. However the corporate sites and union sites are over.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Straight up government intimidation.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

In case you haven't noticed,, the Marxists aren't fvcking around ...

Leftist intellectual Noam Chomsky in a recent interview endorsed segregating the unvaccinated from society and denying them food in a neo-Bolshevik Holodomor 2.0 strategy to starve them into submission.

"Such people have to be-- they should have the decency to remove themselves from the community, if they refuse to do that, then measures have to be taken to safeguard the community from them," Chomsky told the Primo Radical YouTube show over the weekend. "Then comes the practical question that you asked: How can we get food to them? Well, that's actually their problem."

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people seem to think they should decide what everyone else should and shouldn't be doing. Typical for leftists.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Some people seem to think they should decide what everyone else should and shouldn't be doing. Typical for left and right wing extremists. Stalin and Hitler, for example.

FIFY

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are the unvaccinated such a threat to the vaccinated at this point? Makes no sense, the vaccine serves as a therapeutic in breakthrough cases.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.