Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sure hope you are wrong, @dirtdude, but I have an ill feeling that you aren't. Unfortunately our government is highly desirous of control, some individuals more than others of course, but as a whole it certainly is.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:

@Jrflickster said:
    You're going to try and tell me fox doesn't clearly tell us they are biased... they are biased and proud of it

If they freely admit it, then good on them. I simply haven't heard anyone on there plainly state they are bias, but I also don't watch Fox very often.

What happened to "Fair and Balanced "?

I haven't watched FOX News in quite a while.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@ShawnOL said:
    98% survivable. Do you feel as though you'll be in the 98% or the 2%?

Of course, all of those in the 2% remain 100% dead, they're not just 2% dead.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Nvm @Amos_Umwhat covered it already.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

This one too 😆

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

there. That ought to cut down on the 'rona infection crisis:

Demonstrators protesting Covid restrictions block Parliament Square in London on Dec. 18, 2021.

• Options

Probably not, but it might cut down on the government overreach crises. :)

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

News looks great. Ideally, everyone gets this variant and it takes over the more deadly variant, then it dies out because everyone already got it. As of now, this variant seems to be like a strong cold, based on what people in New York are saying.

• Options
    edited December 2021
  • Options

It's a poor parasite that kills its host. High probability that it becomes more transmissable and less deadly with each new variant.

• Options

Given how ostracized people who get don't vaccinate are, don't you think that 20% figure is extraordinarily high? Put another way, if I'm unvaccinated, and I get COVID but it's mild, won't I avoid going to the doctor unless I have to, and thus be unreported? I don't understand why the article assumes that South Africa has so many more people either previously infected or vaccinated, compared to us.

• Options

"people who get don't vaccinate are" - Calvin.

Jeez.

• Options

Weed out the politics, religion, opinion, and surveys of studies selected to confirm biased points of view; allow for emerging data, and then attempt to make sense of what is left. Good luck. Stay safe.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most cases are “breakthrough” case’s, (at least that’s what we are told thus far) funny how that works.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the vax in march/april. Yesterday I tested positive for the vid. I was at a spreader event (Global Trade Show at the **** in Nashville) so not surprised. Noticed first symptoms as I was flying home, of course. Got tested as soon as I landed - that must have been too soon as I was negative.

Then I got the chills, like bad. Freezing, could not get warm. I remember eating dinner and shivering. Could not stop. It was unreal. Went to bed at 9 pm dressed in full fleece and under full covers. Slept until 11 am..... Whoa! Next two days i was weak and fatigued, breaking out in cold sweats. My co worker at the event let me know he tested positive, so I finally went back yesterday and tested again.

Now, I'm mainly dealing with cold symptoms. Lost sense of smell and taste. For taste, I can only tell if something is sweet, or sour, but can't tell what flavor, etc. Fatigue and chills is gone. Aside from the no smell and taste thing, I just feel like I have a cold. Fingers crossed that's all this turns into, although I want my smell and taste back LOL.

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options

That must have been at least a little unnerving, @skydiverD. I can't imagine losing my sense of taste, what a strange thing it must be to experience! I hope you recover swiftly.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

That sucks. I hate feeling cold. Hope you get over it soon.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:
    I can't imagine losing my sense of taste, what a strange thing it must be to experience! I hope you recover swiftly.

That's my worst fear....I already can't hear, see, or smell worth a ****....Taste is all I have left to lose.

• Options

Hope you recover soon Darrin. I just wish it got hearing rather than taste and smell senses. Dimmed hearing would be a positive for me.

• Options

@ForMud said:
    That's my worst fear....I already can't hear, see, or smell worth a ****....Taste is all I have left to lose.

I hope it stays far away from you then!

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skydiverD said:
    I got the vax in march/april. Yesterday I tested positive for the vid. I was at a spreader event (Global Trade Show at the **** in Nashville) so not surprised. Noticed first symptoms as I was flying home, of course. Got tested as soon as I landed - that must have been too soon as I was negative.

Then I got the chills, like bad. Freezing, could not get warm. I remember eating dinner and shivering. Could not stop. It was unreal. Went to bed at 9 pm dressed in full fleece and under full covers. Slept until 11 am..... Whoa! Next two days i was weak and fatigued, breaking out in cold sweats. My co worker at the event let me know he tested positive, so I finally went back yesterday and tested again.

Now, I'm mainly dealing with cold symptoms. Lost sense of smell and taste. For taste, I can only tell if something is sweet, or sour, but can't tell what flavor, etc. Fatigue and chills is gone. Aside from the no smell and taste thing, I just feel like I have a cold. Fingers crossed that's all this turns into, although I want my smell and taste back LOL.

Perform nasal flushes twice daily over the next few days and increase magnesium intake and you should regain taste and smell rather quickly. My wife regained hers within a week.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you're better, soon, Darrin

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

83% effective against hospitalization, $530/course ofn treatment.

he F.D.A. cleared Pfizer’s Covid pill, the first of its kind, for high-risk patients 12 and over. It was found to defend against severe illness.
    Wednesday, December 22, 2021 12:30 PM EST

The drug, developed by Pfizer and known as Paxlovid, is authorized for Covid patients age 12 and over who are vulnerable to becoming severely ill because they are older or have medical conditions such as obesity or diabetes.