Home Non Cigar Related

"Protests"

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someday I hope we have statues of idiots tearing down statues.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

Master link
    Master Lock
    Robin Masters

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    What about a "master gears" and "slave gears" in mechanical references? Are those terms still in use? And if they haven't been replaced yet with more politically correct terms, what will they be called in the future?

Warning: Don't google "Master gear Slave gear". You might want to include the words "mechanical" or "automotive" in your search if you absolutely have to google it.

Brake Master cylinder and clutch slave cylinder.
    OMG! Those will all have to be renamed.
    Computers too! You have a master drive and a slave drive.
    OK, throw the english language out! We have to start all over with a new politically correct language.
    Can't have Eskimo pies, if someone named Ben is an uncle, he has to change his name.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wondered what would take down "Indian" motorcycles this time. Have they already shut down the Boston Celtics? That's gotta go. How does everyone feel about the name "Butternut Squash"? That could be taken as suggestive and may be offensive to some members of the alphabet community, wouldn't you think?

Oh my goodness! That's a Pandora's Box right there! No more listening to Little Richard's "Tutti-Fruitti", that's out, and what are we going to call that weird confection Granny likes to send out at Christmas? Can't be Fruitcake, can it? Nope! All such references must be deleted immediately. And removed from all literature. I guess we'll have to kill Granny, too, 'cause she's going to keep saying it. "Did you get my fruitcake, sweetie?" How offensive.

By George I believe we've found the new American ISIS!! Wait, we can't say "by George" anymore, can we?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited June 2020

Imagine, for a moment, a soccer ball. Picture it in your head. Different colored patches sewn together.

Now, write the word "Racism" across the ball you're imagining and then toss the ball onto the field of players.

Want that ball to stop rolling?

Everyone has to stop kicking it!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

What will we call the Masters Tournament?

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

The next big battle will be the Washington Redskins name and logo. They have tried many times before without success. I doubt it will go away. Maybe everyone who has played for the Redskins will be logged into the new category of anti allies.

The so called pro sport activist sure didn't have a problem cashing a check from such an offensive organization.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised that the SJW company I work for still uses Master - Local terminology for their controllers.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Redskins can just change their logo to a potato...unless they change the name of the potato too :)

edited June 2020

Let's just remove all statues.
    Every one of them.
    All of them, because we can't discriminate.

Why should we teach history in school?
    No one wants to remember the bad things, so remove history classes.
    Problems solved.

[sarcasm] Cause all those veterans who defended your rights to be a moron don't need to be remembered, right? [end sarcasm]
    Had to put that about the sarcasm, because some people can't tell the difference.

I am curious though, how is it that a person can destroy property that doesn't belong to them and nothing is done??
    When did the 1st amendment rights get extended to violence and destruction of property?

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Statue of the founder of the Democratic party:
    https://youtu.be/lZWWAwCv_Pg

Tucker:
    https://youtu.be/cxxHV5vu1Mo

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Michael_walkMichael_walk Posts: 38 ✭✭

Now have the leader of the BLM calling to remove Jesus stained glass and statues and everything else. Claiming it is because white Jesus? Uhm? Better bring a lot of backup, because that ain't gonna happen!!

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Michael_walk Ohh man don't get me started...but to late.
    https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/6/20/21297470/chicago-fathers-day-weekend-shootings-homicide-gun-violence-june-19-22-104-shot

Multiple children are being killed by drive by shootings in $hitcago this past weekend along with 99 others shot and not a damn thing from BLM about it...I thought "Black Lives Matter"? Where's the protesting, rioting, burning American flags, burning cars and businesses to the ground, throwing bricks, killing police, tearing down statues and monuments, spray painting BLM and the Black Power Fist? I thought Black Lives Matter...

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    I thought Black Lives Matter...

Don't pretend. You knew all along that's not what it's about.

A hundred years ago other people who look like me were treated badly by people who look like you, apologize. WTF?

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone knows that isn't going to happen. It just means they have something planned elsewhere then.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/6/20/21297470/chicago-fathers-day-weekend-shootings-homicide-gun-violence-june-19-22-104-shot

Multiple children are being killed by drive by shootings in $hitcago this past weekend along with 99 others shot and not a damn thing from BLM about it...I thought "Black Lives Matter"? Where's the protesting, rioting, burning American flags, burning cars and businesses to the ground, throwing bricks, killing police, tearing down statues and monuments, spray painting BLM and the Black Power Fist? I thought Black Lives Matter...

@webmost said:

@TX98Z28 said:
    I thought Black Lives Matter...

Don't pretend. You knew all along that's not what it's about.

You forgot to quote 95% of what I said...Come on man, we both know exactly what BLM is about.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Michael_walkMichael_walk Posts: 38 ✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:

I'm there with you bol. This crap is retarded. It has become way more than just simple protests. "Those that erase history are doomed too repeat it".

@webmost said:

And then the neighbors called it a racist hate crime. 😱

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

.> @0patience said:

@webmost said:

And then the neighbors called it a racist hate crime. 😱

My neighbor is a kelpie supremacist.
    Cancel his facepuck account.

=======================

Meanwhile, I would never be allowed to say any of this:

https://youtu.be/fij8TP0FE00

=======================

Life is funny. Right now, politics is the funniest part of it...

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would probably vote for her, she seems to have a head on her shoulders. Would depend on whether she were pro-gun or not.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• 84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    I would probably vote for her, she seems to have a head on her shoulders. Would depend on whether she were pro-gun or not.

She is absolutely pro gun.