Home Non Cigar Related
Options

"Protests"

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    A little surprised. From what I listened to, which was not all of it, I feel like I probably would have found him guilty of the manslaughter charge, maybe the intermediate charge, but not the most serious 2nd degree murder. Of course, I didn't hear all of it.

There's no winners here. Certainly not the Floyd family, he's still gone. Certainly not Chauvin, his life's over. Not sure if he can survive prison, seems like a death sentence for sure. I don't think it ever occurred to him that the man would die. On the other hand, having watched all the videos, I'd have let that guy up off the ground. If he got out of hand again he could be subdued again.

I've seen literally at least 100 cases of a person screaming "I can't breathe" when the problem was that they'd gotten too much oxygen in their system and what they really needed was to rebreathe some CO2. For that 100, I've also seen at least 10 in the same state who, while breathing just fine, weren't getting enough oxygen because their heart was in a abnormal rhythm that didn't effectively pump the blood, or a lung had collapsed. You can't tell right away, you've got to examine and test, and meanwhile always assume a heart or lung problem until proven otherwise.

It's all very sad.

And just think, absolutely none of this would have happened (riots, murders, his own death) had he not been passing counterfeit money. His actions set off a chain of events that will be remembered for decades.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    A little surprised. From what I listened to, which was not all of it, I feel like I probably would have found him guilty of the manslaughter charge, maybe the intermediate charge, but not the most serious 2nd degree murder. Of course, I didn't hear all of it.

There's no winners here. Certainly not the Floyd family, he's still gone. Certainly not Chauvin, his life's over. Not sure if he can survive prison, seems like a death sentence for sure. I don't think it ever occurred to him that the man would die. On the other hand, having watched all the videos, I'd have let that guy up off the ground. If he got out of hand again he could be subdued again.

I've seen literally at least 100 cases of a person screaming "I can't breathe" when the problem was that they'd gotten too much oxygen in their system and what they really needed was to rebreathe some CO2. For that 100, I've also seen at least 10 in the same state who, while breathing just fine, weren't getting enough oxygen because their heart was in a abnormal rhythm that didn't effectively pump the blood, or a lung had collapsed. You can't tell right away, you've got to examine and test, and meanwhile always assume a heart or lung problem until proven otherwise.

It's all very sad.

And just think, absolutely none of this would have happened (riots, murders, his own death) had he not been passing counterfeit money. His actions set off a chain of events that will be remembered for decades.

I am still trying to figure out how George was on a “therapeutic dose of Crystal Methamphetamine” according to one of their expert doctors. Also an intoxicating amount of Fentanyl...not a good combo, AKA “SpeedBall”. I’m sure the Floyd family will help quickly stimulate are Houston economy from all the millions they have already received...Excluding Crumps 30+% he kept.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fvck em. I don’t even care anymore. My plan for retirement is becoming a Puerto Rican.