Options

Stupid **** that pops into my head

Comments

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Starting to get scared of tagging people in posts around here

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

This did not occur to me when I first read the read the question, but I came to realize we are overlooking the obvious. Deaf people have sign language so, assuming they learn it, wouldn't they be visualizing signing words, just the same as the rest of us "hear" word dialogues in our head?

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys are way overthinking this.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

Speaking of stupid stuff that pops into your head, my head, I noticed a large hole in the ground, say 4in circumference, while mowing today. A couple years ago there was a large yellow-jacket hive close to there.
    Pops into my head:
    "I should get some gasoline and pour it down that hole and light it".

Echoes of stories I heard from ER patients started reverberating between my ears.

So, no gasoline down the hole.

I wonder if anyone's selling firecrackers yet?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get a bunch of styrofoam. It’ll dissolve in the gasoline into a pourable gel…poorman’s napalm. It’ll stay where you put it and you can light it from a distance using waxed cotton string.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    Get a bunch of styrofoam. It’ll dissolve in the gasoline into a pourable gel…poorman’s napalm. It’ll stay where you put it and you can light it from a distance using waxed cotton string.

I'm guessing that like myself, you also read Abbie Hoffman's "Steal This Book"?

For those who may not know, or remember, Steal This Book was a sort of Ranger's Handbook for the dissident in the '60s.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can always download the anarchist's cookbook too.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

gasoline (unlit) is also the best most permanent way to get rid of ants.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who filmed Neil Armstrong stepping onto the Moon?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Holy Bible is a book.
    The church is based on it.
    Doesn’t that make the church a tax exempt book club?

I’m not trying to start a theological discussion,just popped in my head.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options

Suddenly it crystalized. Virtually all rapes involve penises. Therefore, to solve the problem of rape in our society, the obvious solution is to rid the landscape of penises. If you, or someone you know is in possession of a ****, please report it immediately. The government should first set up **** buy-back stations, where anyone turning in a **** will receive the scrap metal price for that ****. After 90 days, specialized police units will go door to door searching for any remaining penises, and remove them. Thus, the problem of rape in this country will be forever resolved.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Suddenly it crystalized. Virtually all rapes involve penises. Therefore, to solve the problem of rape in our society, the obvious solution is to rid the landscape of penises. If you, or someone you know is in possession of a ****, please report it immediately. The government should first set up **** buy-back stations, where anyone turning in a **** will receive the scrap metal price for that ****. After 90 days, specialized police units will go door to door searching for any remaining penises, and remove them. Thus, the problem of rape in this country will be forever resolved.

Only if they remove it from my cold dead hand.

Don’t be kink-shaming anyone

• Options

I think you're right, Chris. I don't mind others reporting the taste sensations they perceive, but I've learned that my own perceptions may be quite different. It's very subjective.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Reviewers have gotten too outrageous IMO. The majority sound like they are interviewing for Cfed. Years ago I could watch one and think that’s sounds interesting but now it comes across as bad attempts to grab views or gain followers.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why so many people out there think their perspective on a particular cigar is important, or worth, enough that strangers would care about it.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17