Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Stupid **** that pops into my head

Comments

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder who it was that made the decision that tasting notes go in thirds. Not halves. Not quarters. Thirds? Why in the hell thirds?

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

Must've been a hockey fan.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Halves is not enough and quarters is too many.

I think reviewing by any increments is arbitrary because a cigar can shift flavors whenever it wants and can do so dozens of times (theoretically). But they have to have some way of simplifying the transitions to make a review practical, and thirds is probably the best way to do it.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Especially wonder why they review in thirds when they rarely smoke the last third at all!

Great point.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just 'you all' with a northern accent?

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Just 'you all' with a northern accent?

It doesn't sound right in the middle of a sentence to me. Hey y'all, let's go outside. Hey you all, let's go outside.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Consider youins, you'uns.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    I wish I could say the word y'all. Y'all is a great word, it addresses a group without having to say "you guys". I don't like saying you guys to a group of men and women because it feels rude to the women in the group. Saying "you people" is obviously a non starter. I can't just start saying y'all though, because I have a northern accent, so I'd sound like an idiot. I'm jealous of southerners.

I have lived in Minnesota most of my life and I still say ya'll. My mom is from Mississippi and I have a lot of family in the South, so I grew up hearing it said. I agree with Mr. Bob, say it if you want to, it might sound odd to your ears at first but that will change.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear yall and yuns all the time but here they are 1 syllable

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

The final answer is yinz....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do people pay extra money to get on the plane first?

• Options

How does one determine if a post belongs in the Useless Information thread, or the Post Your Mundane Life thread, or this one? A true dilemna.

Also, why is there an N in dilemna?

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anybody else heard that true north (magnetic north) has changed by like 12 degrees? This supposedly happens every 10,000 years or so. Causes seasons to shift or something. Could this be the true cause of the "climate change" that the democrats keep blaming on the western world and our evil fossil fuels?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL look at my long winded post in the weather thread. I didn’t realize magnetic north had changed so drastically yet.

• Options

Good night @VegasFrank

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Good night @VegasFrank

You owe me time!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope @silvermouse has prepped for the incoming immigrants

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure am. There are help wanted signs up everywhere. USA has a labor shortage and low unemployment.

https://www.uschamber.com/workforce/understanding-americas-labor-shortage

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

If you crossbreed a Shih-Tzu with a Poodle, would it be a "Shitz-a-poo"?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Clean as a whistle.
    Well, whistles are nasty. You stick them in your mouth and blow spit into them. Unless it was common to thoroughly clean whistles,....... because of all the spit.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    If you crossbreed a Shih-Tzu with a Poodle, would it be a "Shitz-a-poo"?

https://youtu.be/nKFOavX3evI

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^Funny^^ I've never seen the movie, might have to watch it.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain