Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Stupid **** that pops into my head

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ Their perspective on a particular cigar is able to make money, so it's important to them.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

so, we shouldn't click the 'like' or 'awesome' buttons when someone posts the cigar they are smoking, and they shouldn't mention whether they liked it or not, because no one else cares???

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    so, we shouldn't click the 'like' or 'awesome' buttons when someone posts the cigar they are smoking, and they shouldn't mention whether they liked it or not, because no one else cares???

I wouldn't consider you folks strangers. :)

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was told a couple times recently my opinion.didnt matter so there's that.... @VegasFrank

• Options

That's like my alarm clock... it's one of those projection models (I love it because it's easy to read at night, but adds zero ambient light to the room, unlike the ones where the face lights up)... it also reads/displays the temperature, and blinks back and forth between the temp and the time, about every 3 seconds (even though the temp remote sensor stopped working, so the temp display is just a few dashes). In the 10 or so years I've owned the thing, there's only been a handful of times I've caught it displaying the time. I only want to see the time and not the temp dashes, but no.... 99.999% of the time I look at it, that's what I get. It's the weirdest thing, like it knows when I'm going to look and gives me what I don't want.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:
    I was told a couple times recently my opinion.didnt matter so there's that.... @VegasFrank

Shhhh

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the earth's circumference is 25,000 miles, and we all put about half that on our cars each year, how is it we go so far but never seem to get anywhere?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

...and we're hurtling through space in our orbit around the sun at ~67,000mph, and the sun is whizzing around the Milky Way, while our galaxy is zipping through the universe.

• Options

and away from every other one.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

The answer is funny, it's because we're all going around in circles.> @peter4jc said:

...and we're hurtling through space in our orbit around the sun at ~67,000mph, and the sun is whizzing around the Milky Way, while our galaxy is zipping through the universe.

https://youtu.be/buqtdpuZxvk

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Speaking of going 'round in circles, something occurred to me while I was out mowing this morning.

I'm sure many in D.C. will consider it a stupid idea, but:

Perhaps our economic downturn was caused by disregarding the strategy of taking 2 weeks to "flatten the curve", and replacing it with a strategy of paying people not to work, and telling them that they don't have to pay their rent at the same time? By showering the poorest decision makers in the country with freshly printed money, and releasing them from their rightfully owed debts and responsibilities, inflation was inevitable?

Nah, that's just crazy talk. Surely the problems all stemmed from The Fed increasing interest rates up from near zero by a percent or two over time. Must be Donald Trump's fault I guess. Or just Republicans in general.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

They put millions of people out of work, then patt themselves on the back when they finally allowed people to work again.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

Why is a number 2 pencil yellow instead of brown?

• Options
    edited July 2022

@ShawnOL said:
    Why is a number 2 pencil yellow instead of brown?

An over abundance of baby carrots.

Flat Earth memes have started showing up in my Insta, that means someone I follow is messing up my feed.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is our responsibility to make sure they know about herbie hancock. My boys have all watched that movie with me and love it. Just like caddy shack and top gun even before maverick was a thing.

• Options

Herbie who?

• Options

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

Close but no cigar, Chris

• Options
  • Options

A good way to break a kid's cellphone addiction.

• Options

Are machinists who need strong glasses for closeup work more likely to suffer hearing loss?