Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Update: The package has been delivered. Granted, it's to a different town, but at least it got delivered right?

:'( 
    Sucks, $h!t happens though (honestly surprised packages don't go missing more often).

Better get on the phone with the place you bought them from.....and let 'em know what happened.   If the company's any good they should send you out a replacement box (maybe even with faster shipping if you ask nicely).

Hope you get it straightened out

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last update: the package got returned to the PO. Still a PITA, but at least everything made it safely!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Last update: the package got returned to the PO. Still a PITA, but at least everything made it safely!
    Because you don't have other cigars to smoke...  I know how it is.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    That is a vicious rumor .
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Substitute mail carriers ..... apparently reading the addresses is hard. 

Ordered a package to the office, was supposed to deliver yesterday.  I was in the office all day -- never saw the mailman, didn't get any other mail.  Checked the tracking last night thinking maybe he showed up after 500 and it says "We attempted to deliver your item at 3:52 pm on February 25, 2016 .... and a notice was left." 

WTF!?!??  No, you didn't. I was most certainly in the office at 352 and no mail person showed up. 

Now, the guy who normally does our route is great, he shows up at almost the same time every day, super friendly, and definitely on top of his game.  We never get the wrong mail.

But if he's ever out and we have a "substitute" mailman it's like all hell breaks loose, every single time. 

There's about 10 office suites/businesses in our building and with the substitute mailman they always deliver mail to the wrong suite/business, and sometimes we get mail for the building next door (that's a different street address), etc.

Come on, is it really that hard to read the business name/suite number/street address correctly?!??   Like this $hit happens every time our normal guy is out. 

damn it usps, you're breakin' my balls.

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:

Ordered a package to the office, was supposed to deliver yesterday.  I was in the office all day -- never saw the mailman, didn't get any other mail.  Checked the tracking last night thinking maybe he showed up after 500 and it says "We attempted to deliver your item at 3:52 pm on February 25, 2016 .... and a notice was left." 

WTF!?!??  No, you didn't. I was most certainly in the office at 352 and no mail person showed up. 

Now, the guy who normally does our route is great, he shows up at almost the same time every day, super friendly, and definitely on top of his game.  We never get the wrong mail.

But if he's ever out and we have a "substitute" mailman it's like all hell breaks loose, every single time. 

There's about 10 office suites/businesses in our building and with the substitute mailman they always deliver mail to the wrong suite/business, and sometimes we get mail for the building next door (that's a different street address), etc.

Come on, is it really that hard to read the business name/suite number/street address correctly?!??   Like this $hit happens every time our normal guy is out. 

Daaaaaaaamn, Damaso!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jgibv said:

Daaaaaaaamn, Damaso!
    yeah no $hit.  was gonna take one with me this weekend to burn on my trip, but i guess not now.  damn puta mail carrier

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like my fill-in mail carrier. She knocks and hands me my mail if I have any packages. And she's cute.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pics ot gtfo
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sitting...... Wired to tight to lay around for more then a day.. This week has been horrid. 
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spring colds. Feel like poop. 
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Hope ya get over it soon. 
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drink some whiskey. Worked for John Wayne 
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I suggest cheap tequila and a Ghurka tonight. Anything after that will feel better tomorrow!!
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    Can I suggest cheap tequila and a Ghurka tonight. Anything after that will feel better tomorrow!!
    Welp, you did post those two things in the appropriate thread!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Installing printer driver's on one of my Wife's laptops, a hand-me-down from my folks, running like a dog and won't finish the driver download so I force a restart only to be faced with Windows installing 90 upgrades before shutting down and going through three phases during the start-up.  How come computers upgrade right when you're trying to use them?  Daughter's boyfriend was bragging that he hasn't upgraded in years, but I worry about security vulnerabilities too much to turn off upgrades.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Taking time off to ride and it's freaking raining.. Didn't go on planned  ride. Spose to clear up later so will get some seat time in....
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    doing another spreadsheet for the tax accountant this morning
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Painful skin outbreaks... I was told skin would clear up 35 years ago.. Liar!!
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you grab your fountain pen to write out a quick note, only to find it appears to be out of ink or clogged.  Open it up to refill and find that the converter has come loose and the pen is a hot mess of ink.  No big deal, it'll clean up okay, but a pain.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    When my orders don't arrive and I have to leave.. I have bombs to send  :#
  • Options
    Miller Milwaukee WI...
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    Miller Milwaukee WI...
    Grab me some Moon Man and Spotted Cow, wait, wrong brewery. Grab me some.........never mind.
  • Options
    This is the most aazz backwards place I've ever been trying to get loaded. Should of left 6hrs ago and let someone else haul their chit beer
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    This is the most aazz backwards place I've ever been trying to get loaded. Should of left 6hrs ago and let someone else haul their chit beer
    Wait. You're at a brewery and can't get loaded? You drinking out of a straw?

Ok, so it wasn't that funny. It sounded better in my head.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate trying to post to this freakin forum with a phone. 

Tried 2 different phones and the same problem. Start typing and it stalls and won't let you do anything. It's like you get ahead of the typing and I can't type very fast on a phone, so it ain't me.

Really getting irritating.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's something I hate; I fall for the line and donate $ to something, thinking "well, it's a worthwhile cause".
      Next thing you know my mailbox is full of multiple new requests for money from all sorts of places

Save the sub-saharan penguin

gluten free elephant diapers are desperately needed

look!  kittens!  give us your $ !

No good deed goes unpunished, right?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Where do I donate for the elephant diapers? Those GMO sensitive elephant babies have always pulled on my heart strings.

• Options
    uhhh.....what is this "spring" i've been hearing about?

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    uhhh.....what is this "spring" i've been hearing about?

Agreed
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White