Home Non Cigar Related

Things I Hate

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    jgibv said:
    pizza peels
    What?  Cuz they don't hurt enough when you spank your kids with it?  I just don't understand the hate, John.
    unless you have a wood-fired, brick pizza oven.....there's no need for them.  it's just another "single-use" kitchen tool that takes up a ton of space. 

get a quality pizza/baking stone instead, leave it in the oven, and call it a day. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    peter4jc said:
    jgibv said:
    pizza peels
    What?  Cuz they don't hurt enough when you spank your kids with it?  I just don't understand the hate, John.
    unless you have a wood-fired, brick pizza oven.....there's no need for them.  it's just another "single-use" kitchen tool that takes up a ton of space. 

get a quality pizza/baking stone instead, leave it in the oven, and call it a day. 

I see.  So, I have a stone...  do you recommend one of the giant two-handed slicers?  I hate my little wheel thingie.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a pizza baking stone for my oven, I throw cornmeal on it and bake the pizza right on it.  How do you get the pizza out without a peel, or do you put it on a pizza pan first?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    Painfully dumb people that want to increase the speed of their intel celeron 1gb ram windows xp netbook. Jeez if I see 1 more of these pieces of garbage.

FYI it's Time to buy a new computer, I don't care if that one still turns on. Microsoft still won't give you an update.

Quit being cheap and buy something with power. It won't hurt that bad to get with the times, you might enjoy it. 
    HA!

Here's a story you may appreciate:

Years ago, I moonlighted tech support at a local ISP (that dates the story right there, to before all the locals got bought up or run out of biz). This was way back in the way back when you had to buy a phone modem and install a dial up stack. Anyways... So this subscriber calls up **** how we're a ripoff cause his connection is so damn slow. I start asking questions. Cut to the chase: he has a 286 which he has contrived to make run then brand new Win 95. A fact of which he was very proud. Figured he had proven that all these upgrades were no more than a scam to peddle new puters. Cut to the punch line: Last thing I tell the guy: "Well, sir, if you were to hitch your riding lawn mower to your Airstream trailer you could probably get it rolling down the block. At this point, you can brag how you got your Toro to tow your Airstream. But if you want to vacation with the family in Yellowstone next summer, you had better start out early..." and before I could say: "...cause there's some grades in the Rockies..." he hung up on me.

We all had a good laugh around the shop.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

peter4jc said:

I see.  So, I have a stone...  do you recommend one of the giant two-handed slicers?  I hate my little wheel thingie.
    personally @peter4jc , i like the little wheel slicers LOL. 
    but if i'm somewhere (like on vacation) and don't have a wheel available i'll just use a big & sharp chef's knife. 

as far as pizza wheels ..... i've gone through a few of them and will tell you that the ones with plastic handles are absolute crap and should be avoided at all costs.
    if you're going to use a wheel pizza cutter, get one that is 100% all-metal kind....all-clad has a nice, strong one that is 100% stainless steel.

Yakster said:
    I've got a pizza baking stone for my oven, I throw cornmeal on it and bake the pizza right on it.  How do you get the pizza out without a peel, or do you put it on a pizza pan first?
    here's how we've been making pizza once/week, every sunday since feb 2011

1) preheat pizza stone in oven @ 450 F.

2) prep your toppings.
    (i.e. preheat sauce, slice fresh mozzerella, chop veggie toppings, slice meat, etc.) 

3) prep the dough.
    sprinkle a generous amount of flour onto a silicone baking mat.
    either roll out the dough with a rolling pin, or hand toss it and set it on the floured mat when done.

4) remove pizza stone from oven.

5) transfer dough to the pizza stone.

6) add sauce & toppings.

7) place pizza stone back in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden brown and dough is cooked to desired crispiness. 

8) remove stone (with pizza still on it) from oven, let rest for approximately 5 minutes until cheese is set up.
    cut and serve. 

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
     ....it's just another "single-use" kitchen tool that takes up a ton of space.  
    I can think of another use for a pizza peel. It is in a different room though....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭

Holy Crap!!!  Finally making my way back over to the Non-Cigar related forum and find my personal favorite, the "Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate!" thead!  Can't believe I was there on day one of this thing and it's still alive and well. 

Looks like people agreed "....if you got hate in your heart, let it out!"

Today, I hate the HR department in my company.  The are by far the worst HR department I have ever encountered.  When I received word that my grandmother passed away last Wednesday, I requested the 3 days bereavement that our handbook says I get.  My brother requested the same thing on the same day from his company in Virginia and they rolled out the red carpet to help him.  The president of the company even went to his office to express his condolences and offer any support they could give.  He thought about asking to use the company van since our parents are retired and don't drive so he could transport them and his kids, but he didn't.  But he did tell me they definitely would have allowed it had he asked. 

My company on the other hand seem more than content to not respond to any of my calls and emails, and seem intent on just **** me over in general.

Oh well.  Guess I'll see how this plays out and if they screw me over then I'll just go work for someone else.

Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate!

People driving and playing on their phones. that drives me nuts!
    LOL....I can only imagine they think the same thing about us Cigar smokers! 
    Ah, well my round pizza stone broke so I've been using the two rectangular baking stones that came with the oven and fit into the rack that's not very removable, and I usually make two pizzas right after another, one for the kids and one for the adults with things like artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes included.

I need to make pizza again soon.
    jlmarta said:

Both of these guys guys have either called me up or told me to my face that they didn't like what I had given them and gave it back!  

I might have replied "Yeah, well I gave you a crappy gift because I really don't like you!  Now piss off!"

I feel your pain on this.  My wife's family is like this.  Bunch of fully grown cry babies.  They openly tell each other they hated each others gifts, and whine when they don't get what they asked for, literally throwing tantrums.  I'm glad I got the only civilized one in the bunch.  I stopped attending any Christmas activities there, kept my kids from attending, and then eventually we just cut ties with all of them.

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    peter4jc said:
    jgibv said:
    pizza peels

Guess it is what you get used to. I cant stand the stones. I use a screen and then the peel to get them out of the oven. In another life of mine I had a pizza joint and that is all we used.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    peter4jc said:
    jgibv said:
    pizza peels

Ima have both, how bow dah?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    peter4jc said:

but if i'm somewhere (like on vacation) and don't have a wheel available i'll just use a big & sharp chef's knife. 

as far as pizza wheels ..... i've gone through a few of them and will tell you that the ones with plastic handles are absolute crap and should be avoided at all costs.
    if you're going to use a wheel pizza cutter, get one that is 100% all-metal kind....all-clad has a nice, strong one that is 100% stainless steel.

Yakster said:

2) prep your toppings.
    (i.e. preheat sauce, slice fresh mozzerella, chop veggie toppings, slice meat, etc.) 

3) prep the dough.
    either roll out the dough with a rolling pin, or hand toss it and set it on the floured mat when done.

6) add sauce & toppings.

7) place pizza stone back in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden brown and dough is cooked to desired crispiness. 

8) remove stone (with pizza still on it) from oven, let rest for approximately 5 minutes until cheese is set up.
    cut and serve. 
    #5.
    That's why you need it, dickturd
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New posters complaining about online orders. That is all.
    And feeling like you are dealing with 12 year old kids when you talk to them?

Or is that just me that feels like that?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Yakster said:
    Ah, well my round pizza stone broke so I've been using the two rectangular baking stones that came with the oven and fit into the rack that's not very removable, and I usually make two pizzas right after another, one for the kids and one for the adults with things like artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes included.

I need to make pizza again soon.

Guess it is what you get used to. I cant stand the stones. I use a screen and then the peel to get them out of the oven. In another life of mine I had a pizza joint and that is all we used.

fair enough fellas.  and to each their own. 

and i agree that cooking it on the stone definitely gives it a different texture/flavor compared to cooking on a metal pan or a screen. 

i suppose if i had a larger kitchen and more storage space .... i might try a pizza peel. 

Luckily I have a drawer under my oven with cookie sheets, pizza pans, the peel, and other baking stuff. 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stirring the oil into the concretized peanut butter at the bottom of the jar, especially the 26 oz. jars. Oh, and I hate that my wife hates doing it more than I do, lol.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stirring the oil into the concretized peanut butter at the bottom of the jar, especially the 26 oz. jars. Oh, and I hate that my wife hates doing it more than I do, lol.
    Store them upside down. It helps.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Store them upside down. It helps.
    A "duh" moment, why didn't I think of that, I hate stirring that crap!
    I hate catching a cold as spring is SUPPOSED to be almost here.
    I guess it's taking the long way to get here.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    New posters complaining about online orders. That is all.
    And feeling like you are dealing with 12 year old kids when you talk to them?

Or is that just me that feels like that?
    No it is exactly like that Tony, reminds me of dealing with Highschoolers who think they know everything and are just dumb as a brick. Cant stand people that do that, just makes them look like children.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    peter4jc said:

Yakster said:

2) prep your toppings.

3) prep the dough.

6) add sauce & toppings.

cut and serve. 
    #5.
    That's why you need it, dickturd
    "Dickturd" Is that what appears on yours when you put it in a need to evacuate sphincter.  Just wondering?  
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    http://imgur.com/gallery/NUJo4

If someone can post the vid please do
    I hate when you find a great deal on something and a week later, they email you and tell you that it isn't in stock, but an item twice as much is in stock.
    When I asked if they were going to give me the deal price on it, of course not.

To be clear, this wasn't cigars, so it wasn't ccom.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
     Rolling up 100 foot water hose in the church parking lot trying not to say every F&@king cuss word I can think of.
    https://youtu.be/PVjiKRfKpPI
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to court to help out someone who has abused the law his whole life.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having to have back fusion surgery and hoping you don't wake up.
    Bigshizza said:
    Having to have back fusion surgery and hoping you don't wake up.
    Yuk!
    I'm sorry to hear that bro.
    That isn't anything I would wish on anyone.
    Take care of yourself.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: