Home Non Cigar Related

Things I Hate

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how bad the chicken is
    A little dirt never hurt
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when my favorite BOTL's plan on making the Chicago herf, and then are forced to change plans and back out.  #weepyface
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    winter
    Non Crux sed lux
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That to place a phone call I have to fumble around my dashboard for 30 seconds while driving instead of raising the phone to where I can still see the road. I get it, but every time I have to do something "hands free" it feels a million times more dangerous than it would have been had i been allowed to touch my phone.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when "12 hours relief" on the bottle means THREE hours relief in the real world.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having to wear long johns, regular clothes,hat, and insulated coveralls. NC mountain winters are the pits!!!
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not too fond of the respiratory virus than appears to be near epidemic here in SE New England.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not too fond of the respiratory virus than appears to be near epidemic here in SE New England.
    It's here in Cali too. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that really torques me is ungraciousness. There are two people in my life who are completely ignorant in terms of manners and graciousness. One is a family member, the other is not. 

Both are Okies. Now, hold on - before you jump down my throat, let me tell you a couple things. 

Californians are known to be 'down' on Okies. It's too bad, because I know a number of them and they're good folks. Back in 1979 I was living here in California when a company I had worked for in the past called me and offered me a job on a construction project in Oklahoma. 

It was a good offer and I accepted. I thought it also was a good opportunity to observe Okies in their home state - surely they weren't as bad as some Californians thought. And I was right. 

But there were a few points where they should really brush up on their manners. For example.....

I have given gifts to both of the individuals mentioned above. On more than one occasion. And invariably, these guys didn't like what I gave them. Now, most folks would be gracious enough to either not mention the gifts beyond the point of saying thank you or they'd pretend that they liked them and life would go on. 

Both of these guys guys have either called me up or told me to my face that they didn't like what I had given them and gave it back!  

Now, these gifts weren't a bunch of cheap sh*t but we're not talking about value, we're talking about courtesy, graciousness. And the only reason I singled them out as Okies is that I've never had anyone else be so rude. One of them was born and raised in Oklahoma and the other has one parent who was. 

And I've tried gently hinting to them that their manners weren't quite up to par and suggested ways to deal with that. They didn't get it. They just don't have a clue. Their whole attitude is "Don't know - Don't wanna know!"

Guess I'll just give up and stop giving them a damned thing...  :#
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    One thing that really torques me is ungraciousness. There are two people in my life who are completely ignorant in terms of manners and graciousness. One is a family member, the other is not. 

Both are Okies. Now, hold on - before you jump down my throat, let me tell you a couple things. 

Californians are known to be 'down' on Okies. It's too bad, because I know a number of them and they're good folks. Back in 1979 I was living here in California when a company I had worked for in the past called me and offered me a job on a construction project in Oklahoma. 

It was a good offer and I accepted. I thought it also was a good opportunity to observe Okies in their home state - surely they weren't as bad as some Californians thought. And I was right. 

But there were a few points where they should really brush up on their manners. For example.....

I have given gifts to both of the individuals mentioned above. On more than one occasion. And invariably, these guys didn't like what I gave them. Now, most folks would be gracious enough to either not mention the gifts beyond the point of saying thank you or they'd pretend that they liked them and life would go on. 

Both of these guys guys have either called me up or told me to my face that they didn't like what I had given them and gave it back!  

Now, these gifts weren't a bunch of cheap sh*t but we're not talking about value, we're talking about courtesy, graciousness. And the only reason I singled them out as Okies is that I've never had anyone else be so rude. One of them was born and raised in Oklahoma and the other has one parent who was. 

And I've tried gently hinting to them that their manners weren't quite up to par and suggested ways to deal with that. They didn't get it. They just don't have a clue. Their whole attitude is "Don't know - Don't wanna know!"

Guess I'll just give up and stop giving them a damned thing...  :#
    That's just being an a$$hole
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's some BS Marty, that would piss me off to no end and I wouldn't personally be associating with them anymore if they treated me like that. Maybe I'm too harsh, but I would be done. Sorry that has happened brother, don't let them get you down you are an amazing guy! 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going into Walmart
    When people complain about doing their job that they are being paid very well for.
    Is the boss complaining about his employees?  :|
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The older generations are not immune from the same problem :no_mouth:
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    When people complain about doing their job that they are being paid very well for.
    Is the boss complaining about his employees?  :|
    Little bit. Some of the younger generation feels so entitled it makes me sick. 
    And there is a reason you can't fire them?
    I've fired my son before.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pizza peels

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a nice wood one, really makes pizza making easier. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    jgibv said:
    pizza peels
    What?  Cuz they don't hurt enough when you spank your kids with it?  I just don't understand the hate, John.