Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That my pad quit opening the forum all the way.  I get header links and can open them, but just get a gray blank screen when I do.   New problem.   I tried restart, killing & recharging, wiping the cookies & history....  damnest thing.  If it does work, the only thread it'll open is the Bum of the Week.  No kidding.   Any ideas, oh computer savvy younguns???? 
    I find that a bigger hammer usually solves the problem.

Once, I was trying to get the printer to work.
    For what ever reason, it wouldn't turn on. 
    I tried everything until I lost my patience and started pounding on it.
    My wife yells, that's not gonna help!!
    About that time, it beeped and turned on.
    I smiled and said, "Well, evidently it does."
    I was strangely satisfied.  :D
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul, I've had symptoms like that which were either server-side (CCOM) or network issues, not sure your tablet is to blame.

Do you have problems with other sites?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That my pad quit opening the forum all the way.  I get header links and can open them, but just get a gray blank screen when I do.   New problem.   I tried restart, killing & recharging, wiping the cookies & history....  damnest thing.  If it does work, the only thread it'll open is the Bum of the Week.  No kidding.   Any ideas, oh computer savvy younguns???? 
    As long as it opens Bum of the Week, what's the problem?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yakster,  other sites are working.  I do get an error message with all of them if there are multiple pictures or graphics.   Sometimes it takes a couple tries to get the site to open.  CCom works fine on my phone (android) and this just started last week....
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    It may be that the page is trying to load which is normally followed by the style sheet, etc. and it sounds like it's just not fully loading. How is it at work or somewhere with a faster connection?
  • Options
    @Trykflyr_1, try clearing your cache and cookies on the pad, does it look like you're seeing the desktop site or the mobile site on the pad? The mobile site should load faster. If this doesn't work, try another browser. Sometimes you can switch between desktop and mobile browser in your browser settings, this may help.

• Options
    Makes no difference where.  I've tried a few places.   I'll keep pluggin away at it.  I can still get the vherf to open and can post from the phone.    It's just bloody annoying.
  • Options
    It's back!   I did nothing different....not one single thing.  Flippin' queertrons.  Gonna be the end of humanity.  Them and hand sanitizers.    
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I find that a bigger hammer usually solves the problem.

Once, I was trying to get the printer to work.
    For what ever reason, it wouldn't turn on. 
    I tried everything until I lost my patience and started pounding on it.
    My wife yells, that's not gonna help!!
    About that time, it beeped and turned on.
    I smiled and said, "Well, evidently it does."
    I was strangely satisfied.  :D
    Ah yes, the old BFH interface. I've used that joke at work a million times. None more gratifying than the IT guy asking me what that is, like I actually knew something about computers, and i respond with "Big fxxking hammer!"
  • Options
    And it's gone again...   everything on the CCOM site will work except the forum....   natcherly.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    If we see somebody going under the speed limit or camping in the left lane, you can bet it's not a FIB - Fvcking Illinois **** - just ask @Patrickbrick or @IndustMech... them sumbitches don't know what a speed limit is.
    Yeah those Chicago drivers are nuts!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when some jack-a-ninny goes around and gets in front of me just to slow down and I have to go around them. And then slow down 😈
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    I hate when some jack-a-ninny goes around and gets in front of me just to slow down and I have to go around them. And then slow down 😈
    If your barge wasn't so slow then maybe these jack-a-ninnys wouldn't pass you and kick the wake over your bow, lol because we all know you ain't talking about driving in WV, shoot the roads ain't wide enough for 2 mules to pass. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.  Who put in nickel in your slot today, Paul?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those impossible to remove in one piece safety covers on everything. Then I remember why they are there and I get p.issed again.
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Wow.  Who put in nickel in your slot today, Paul?
    Like butter, I am on a roll. If I was feeling any better you couldn't stand me, lol. Just feeling a few oats today.  
    Now back to your regular scheduled program.  
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When my beard get stuck in my coat zipper
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done that, Oh it hurts!!!!!
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When there's a fly in the bedroom when you're trying to sleep.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    Sleddog46 said:
    When there's a fly in the bedroom when you're trying to sleep.
    Or when there's a fly in your meth lab and it's a contaminant.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Hey, let’s don’t be talking about flies. I have a pet fly that I just got recently and we’re just now getting acquainted. 

He (it?) came to live with me about a week ago when I went out on my balcony for a cigar. He came in with me and we just seemed to hit it off right away. 

He’s a friendly little guy - constantly wanting attention, walking up and down my arm. And he’s a great pet. 

He feeds himself and I don’t even have to take him for walks. I just open my apartment door and he goes out to visit other folks in the building. 

I thought he got lost the other day, but the next time I went out to smoke a cigar he came back in with me. I know it’s my pet fly because I recognize him. He looks just like he did when I last saw him so I know it’s him. 

Anyway, you guys are making me nervous talking about flies so knock it off, would’ja?   😝
  • Options
    How do you know it's a him and not a her?
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No eyelashes.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    peter4jc said:
    How do you know it's a him and not a her?
    By the Adam’s apple......  🤓
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you've made me miss my pet fly, Fred. Nice going Mr. Marta.
  • Options
    I have a cricket in the back yard that loves to perform on the vHerf.
  • Options
    Now you've made me miss my pet fly, Fred. Nice going Mr. Marta.

Oh, dreadfully sorry, Edward old chap. I had no idea it was a sensitive issue..... 👴🏻
  • Options
    That the Unbelievably Stubborn Postal Service claims they didn't damage a package in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.   To quote the head troglodyte: "We didn't do that."