Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    I also hate calls from toll free numbers. So I don't answer. Cuts way down on a lot of BS calls. 100% actually. 
    I don't answer also.  If I don't know the number and they don't leave a message, I block the number.  One did leave a message, it was in Chinese!
    Are you sure that call wasn't about your Amazon order?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Springtime flies bugging me while I work on the Man Patio.

I need to dig out that old bug zapper.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yoga pants. I'm going to have nightmares...

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

People who have or need hearing aids but refuse to use them. Like it’s up to us to see that they hear everything.

I’m frankly tired of yelling to these dolts. 😡

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

@jlmarta said:
    People who have or need hearing aids but refuse to use them. Like it’s up to us to see that they hear everything.

I'm right with you there, Marty. It's the strangest thing, when people start to need glasses they first hold everything at arms length, try a couple other stupid strategies that fail, and then they admit they need glasses. When they start to need hearing aids they first turn the TV up to volume 99, yell at everyone to "speak up!", complain that "everyone mumbles nowadays", and then, finally,they repeat those same failed strategies over and over and over. "There's nothing wrong with MY hearing, YOU just need to speak properly.

What's up with that?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Yoga pants. I'm going to have nightmares...

I hear kilts are making a comeback!

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Peter is more like a footed onesie guy.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on guys. Yoga pants make everything look better. Next time you see that BBW wearing yoga pants, imagine her without them on. Boom, point proven!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great googly moogly..... I just threw up a little in my mind.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlmarta said:

Huh? Speak up!

• Options

"granular"
    "incentivise"

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

Automotive wiring problems. Headache.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:

That's what I do. Auto/truck Electrical, diagnostic and electronics are what I specialize in.
    If you need some help, let me know.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

@0patience said:

@ShawnOL said:

That's what I do. Auto/truck Electrical, diagnostic and electronics are what I specialize in.

There's a short in my dome light or battery saver circuit. Power windows are dependant on that circuit. Just gotta figure out running a wire from the battery directly to the window switch in the door. Only care about getting my windows back. Trucks just gotta last the summer.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:

@0patience said:

@ShawnOL said:

There's a short in my dome light or battery saver circuit. Power windows are dependant on that circuit. Just gotta figure out running a wire from the battery directly to the window switch in the door. Only care about getting my windows back. Trucks just gotta last the summer.

GM truck?
    Probably in the wire loom that goes to the door, at the hinge point.
    Pretty common. Have you tried disconnecting the door lock switch and seen if the short goes away?
    Door switches can fail shorted.
    But do you have heated seats and do they work?
    Not knowing what vehicle, just throwing some common short problems, that are often attributed to the dome light circuit.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

@0patience
    Tony, should we start a separate thread for this?

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    @0patience
    Tony, should we start a separate thread for this?

There is a car repair or issues thread somewhere, but can’t remember the name.

• Options

spring cleaning

• Options

aaand after six hours of it I can truthfully say it is still at the top of my list.

• Options

Cutworms. Put out 20 tomato plants. Now I have 16. :(

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

I had the most painful intestinal episode of my life today. Apparently, gas buildup in the system is a very bad thing. I had eaten a massive bowl of chili the night before, which led to a parade of tooting all day, but not a single shart. Much later in the morning, I visited the porcelain goddess and left her all content, while I got back to normal business eating a bowl of Raisin Bran. Not even an hour afterward, the pain in my side and stomach/abdomen started creeping in, and within a couple minutes I was gasping for air and making ouchy faces much like you would do when you stub your toe on the dresser. I couldn't feel any pain when I self diagnosed, pressing all over my abdomen. My lower back was starting to ache now, and I felt a little bloated. Had to be gas, I determined. So, I went downstairs to the kitchen, wincing in pain the whole time, poured myself a nice, stiff drink of apple cider vinegar and pounded about 2 ounces, then followed with a few swigs of water.
    After my gag reflexes went away and I could leave the comfort of the trash bin, I went upstairs and bent myself over the railing and moaned like a donkey. A few minutes later, the pain subsided and I could walk around a bit and get back to watching nonsense on YouTube. I was tempted to head to the hospital, but like I said, I didn't have pain from adding pressure to the area, and the vinegar did the trick besides.
    Rule of thumb for me, no more beans at night equals no more pain.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gas-x after or Beano before is your friend.

I've been eating three prunes each morning since we've been sheltered in place which helps keep me regular.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BKDog, That sounds like a very strong strange intestinal stomach bug I had a couple months ago, either that or food poisoning. Everything went through me for a couple days, crazy severe abdominal pain and bloating, gas etc. Wasn't pleasant at all! Watch it end up being a mutated strain of Covid-19, we'll never know.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

So, someone loves cutworms? Or hates tomato plants?

Lol

Whatever, dude.