Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 I had food poisoning back in 2010/2011, and it was the worst day of my life. I think it lasted a couple days, but I do remember spending one whole day on the bathroom floor by the toilet, coming out both ends. I should have gone to the ER but I was stubborn.
    Anyway, this time I'm not stubborn. It happened all over again at work and persisted for a full hour before I vomited and gave up. This was the most painful experience of my life, and it was completely new to me and bewildering. Anyway, went to the ER and they did the bloodwork and MRI, turns out I have blood in my urine and a KIDNEY STONE. He says it's passing, should be out in a few days, gave me a prescription for the pain, if it's not out by Monday, call the urologist. The rumor is it's more painful than giving birth, but if that's the case I really respect the &%#@ out of all the mothers out there, because just half of this pain is debilitating.

@Yakster Oh, I love Beano regularly, and today it helped me vomit, which alleviated some of the pain.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have my profound sympathy, been there myself.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

I've never had one, personally, but my son tells me that his kidney stone hurt worse than when his hand got chopped off by the helicopter blade during the crash in Afghanistan. That's gotta be one heckuva ouchie!

I have had food poisoning, twice, and that was no fun at all. Much as you described @BKDog .

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope you feel better soon, Brian @BKDog .

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Someone came by the house with a piece of mail that the mail carrier left for him that was from us. I though the mail was for us so I sterilized it and opened it only to find it's a check that my Wife was sending to a handyman. That didn't get far before the mail carrier dropped it in someone else's mailbox.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

That sucks, Brian. I hope it goes by quick for you.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

I hate when you have auto pay on a loan, the loan is up, I should say almost paid off, and they call you, cause you are late on the last payment.
    How can I be late, if I have auto pay??
    And the freaking payoff is $12 and there is 6 months left on the loan!
    WTF?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    I hate when you have auto pay on a loan, the loan is up, I should say almost paid off, and they call you, cause you are late on the last payment.
    WTF?

Banksters. Dontcha just love ‘em? And most likely millennials to boot.... the blame is always someone else’s.... 👎

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    WTF?

You know they'll try and hit you with a $35 late fee too.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fat fingers!

• Options

My Windows 10 laptop deciding that it needs to reboot now while I'm roasting coffee.

Good thing I was still pre-heating the roaster and hadn't actually started the roast.

• Options

T'is a thin between tech-savvy and tech-dependent.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hydrometers.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hygrometers too....

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options

I CAN roast without the computer, but I prefer not to. It gives me real-time profile graphs and much more accessible controls.

My craptastic Windows 10 computer locked up after the roast too. Had to do a force shut down and then it took a few reboots and updates until it was back to it's slow, crappy self.

• Options

again, my nemesis, plumbing. Tried to fix a slowly running outdoor faucet. Replaced the washer, no-go. Reamed the seat, nope. Tried to get the damned thing off, nope, it has been on there for at least 35 years and likes it here, wouldn't budge. I'll try some heat once I get over my irritation/frustration.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    again, my nemesis, plumbing. Tried to fix a slowly running outdoor faucet. Replaced the washer, no-go. Reamed the seat, nope. Tried to get the damned thing off, nope, it has been on there for at least 35 years and likes it here, wouldn't budge. I'll try some heat once I get over my irritation/frustration.

My usual reaction to a situation like that is “If all else fails, get a bigger hammer...”. 🤓

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last Saturday I bent over to put on my socks, my back went out...HARD.
    I swear, first it was a kidney stone from the abyss, then back goes out.
    Well, I am now healed well after many hours on the heating pad and several six packs later...
    and all I keep thinking about is how much I hate Governor Wolfe and all Democrats...
    But, I guess this means I am getting old. Not old yet, on the way. At 46 years of age, I am far from old, still a pup to many I know.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BKDog said:
    Last Saturday I bent over to put on my socks, my back went out...HARD.
    I swear, first it was a kidney stone from the abyss, then back goes out.
    Well, I am now healed well after many hours on the heating pad and several six packs later...
    and all I keep thinking about is how much I hate Governor Wolfe and all Democrats...
    But, I guess this means I am getting old. Not old yet, on the way. At 46 years of age, I am far from old, still a pup to many I know.

Ice works better than heat for me. I dug out the heating pad for the first time in ages the other day and my back felt terrible the whole next day. Iced it that night and it's back to the usual dull ache instead of the sharp pain.
    At least try to alternate, is what a doctor told me years ago. Ymmv

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

The James Brown Havana Soul's are no more. It's back to AJ Fernandez. I was recommending the James Brown ones to @Yakster only to find out they're now all sold out. Bummer.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Limbing downed spruce trees so I can buck it into stove length...

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

the pitch really gums up my bowsaw.

• Options

Trying to put some audio on so I can go to sleep early in the morning with my BlueTooth knit cap and drown out my wife's Westworld podcast where the hosts are yelling at each other and the Headspace app I'm using somehow instead of playing the program takes me to a pre-filled out text for me to recommend their app to someone else.

It was too damn early in the morning for that stuff and I could barely see the screen at this point.

Finally got my audio program on and slept most of today away.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    the pitch really gums up my bowsaw.

Chainsaws are magical things. Try a coating of WD-40 on your bowsaw. I keep a mini can of it in the ATV cargo bag.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

thanks, I'll try that.