Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:
    Ice works better than heat for me. I dug out the heating pad for the first time in ages the other day and my back felt terrible the whole next day. Iced it that night and it's back to the usual dull ache instead of the sharp pain.
    At least try to alternate, is what a doctor told me years ago. Ymmv

I hate ice. :D

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Cutworms. Put out 20 tomato plants. Now I have 16. :(

Had the same problem some years back. Step daughter suggested putting a couple of chickens in with them, worked wonders.
    But wait, your an old farmer, and you (use to?) keep chickens, so you probably knew that.
    Am I in the right thread?

EDITED: spelling

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jd50ae said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Cutworms. Put out 20 tomato plants. Now I have 16. :(

Had the same problem dome years back. Step daughter suggested putting a couple of chickens in wiyh them, worked wonders.
    But wait, your an old farmer, and you (use to?) keep chickens, so you probably knew that.

The chickens definitely helped, many fewer than there used to be. Also, my Japanese Beetle population is WAY down after a couple years of chicken patrol.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Related topic @Amos_Umwhat We have seen a major decline in the tick population. How about you?

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jd50ae said:
    Related topic @Amos_Umwhat We have seen a major decline in the tick population. How about you?

Oh yeah, almost never see one near the house anymore, over in the woods it's another story.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:

If you gotta cut a stripped out Phillips head screw to remove it, throw the damn thing out, walk your lazy ass to the bench stock bins and and get a new one. Don't reinstall it like my moronic coworker did.....makes me grumpy.

That's what I would have to call half @ssed! Is there a list of planes your coworker has "worked on"? Might have to inspect "his work".

You "Did you torque down everything to specification"
    Idiot coworker "Yeah even salvaged some parts and nothing's coming off easy, made sure of that" :D

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was in a seat cover panel, cosmetic not structural. It's just the sheer laziness that really gets me annoyed.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Working on a an 15 year old exhaust system with over 200,000 miles on it....Fighting me ever step of the way....$500+ in parts so far for a $8 blown gasket...Just had to order another $80 in o2 sensors today since the threads got all bugger up taking them out...Good thing I'm a patient man or I would have set this thing on fire after running it into a tree....

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ForMud said:
    Working on a an 15 year old exhaust system with over 200,000 miles on it....Fighting me ever step of the way....$500+ in parts so far for a $8 blown gasket...Just had to order another $80 in o2 sensors today since the threads got all bugger up taking them out...Good thing I'm a patient man or I would have set this thing on fire after running it into a tree....

Dang! I am lucky, there's a guy in my town who specializes in exhausts, and the last job I had him do was on my old 1990 Bronco and he replaced the entire exhaust with a fully custom pipe and Thrush muffler and got the back pressure right, cost me $120. He's getting old, though. What a great person he is, too.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options

When I pay for UPS 3 Day and they ship two boxes of very fine cigars UPS Ground instead...then I find out after I ordered there is free shipping over $99 use code etc. and I completely missed it and then the dumb fvck's ship it Ground damnit!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

I hate completely fvcking dumb, just plain stupid people...so unintelligent that even if they got kicked in the head by an @ss their IQ would still remain the same...
    So had Costco deliver some T.V.’s and these idiots drove a fvcking 18 wheeler OVER the yard lights lining the street, completely mutilating the grass like animals, while adding a nice wide rut...Looks much worse in person.😳🤯😡🤬

Post edited by TX98Z28 on
  • Options

Come on...

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Concrete companies....Placed an order on Fri for 10am today. Started calling them after 11 to find out where it was. Was told loaded at 10 and was on the road. The plant only 1/2 an hour away. Got a call around noon "Where you guys at?"...They sent the truck to the wrong address a hour the wrong way.
    Truck gets to the site after one, we refuse the load cause its been on the truck since 10 ( 90 minutes is normally the cut off point) They dispatched another truck from a plant an hour away....Finally get concrete around 3.....Makes for along day.

• Options
    Shaner9erShaner9er Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

i work in IT and early in my career i was helpdesk i hate and cannot understand how two days goes by and you cannot remember a password you typed all week? seriously how do you forget something that should be personal to you and typed all week one beer on the weekend though everything is gone.

• Options
    edited September 2020

@Shaner9er said:
    i work in IT and early in my career i was helpdesk i hate and cannot understand how two days goes by and you cannot remember a password you typed all week? seriously how do you forget something that should be personal to you and typed all week one beer on the weekend though everything is gone.

There are some people that are just flat out plain dumb. I don’t know if they were dropped on their head when young or just born that way or even unable to be educated but they’re out there.
    Edit: Grammar

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shaner9er said:

That is why I still keep a rolodex
    But, I am smart, you will not find them under password
    You have to look under m for email s for safe b for bank America, etc

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

Two idiots...yes idiots decided to put a new line and pipe under the driveway which is in the County Easement which is fine. Whats NOT fine is leaving it like this, destroying the my grass which I own and Am required to maintain with a contract with the Neighborhood and County.

What the hell is wrong with people??? Then these two redneck dumb fvcks run the damn thing out of the Easement through the yard to go to the neighbors house. They should have ran it through the NEIGHBORS property to their house.

I wasn't home when this happened (again not a bad thing) and they didn't ask consent to go through the property and on top of it all they just left a bunch of trash and wires in the yard instead of picking it up!

Just ZERO respect for peoples property, might have to remove the "trash line" thats Illegally on the property and they can redo the whole job again! Teach these fools an expensive lesson!

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28
    YOU have to maintain the ditch and grass up to the road?
    Wow, that's messed up. the State, County or City is responsible for all that here.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

@0patience said:
    @TX98Z28
    YOU have to maintain the ditch and grass up to the road?
    Wow, that's messed up. the State, County or City is responsible for all that here.

Yep. It’s part of the Deed Restrictions for the neighborhood. We must grow grass and mow/maintain the Easement. The County is responsible for digging the ditches out though BUT after their done WE’RE responsible for sod or seeding it again to make it look nice... Then these AT&T idiots come and fvck it all up...they will be lashed on the phone first thing tomorrow and they WILL move that damn line off the property that’s not in their Easement...their job makes halved @ss look normal LOL

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh! HOA.
    We don't have those here.
    They try, but most people tell them to pound sand.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

@0patience said:
    Oh! HOA.
    We don't have those here.
    They try, but most people tell them to pound sand.

Are HOA is more relaxed with violations but people who move into the neighborhood know they are moving into a HOA Deed Restricted Neighborhood Community and have to sign a legal document stating they basically agree to everything, it's not negotiable. Most people in here like and prefer things looking and being kept in a nice, proper, condition hence reason for living in a Deed Restricted Neighborhood, and to also keep property values higher.

The problem is these 2 idiots destroyed the grass which I can get a violation letter on and fined if it's not fixed!! See partially why I'm so fvcking pissed LOL

• Options
    edited September 2020

@0patience Damn getting way way late here but heres part of the Deed Restrictions requirements for maintaining the "County" Easement. Love how they sneak it in like this, read C. Drainage LOL

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know there must be a huge difference in the training received to be a restaurant chef or an institutional chef and that there must also be numerous kinds of institutional chefs - military, health care, correctional facilities, etc.

The last two places I’ve lived at, including my current place, have been assisted living and independent living facilities and have had institutional chefs and I’m convinced that the training for these chefs boils down to a few separate sub-specialties. I think the curriculum goes something like this:
    1. Open container
    2. Place contents into appropriate cooking vessel
    3. Heat up the contents
    4. Serve

Now, I’ve tried working with both of these chefs in an effort to make the food they serve a little closer to being edible but, evidently, blowing smoke up people’s a s s is a separate course they’ve taken for extra credit ‘cuz they’re good at it.

I’ve given them some of my best Italian sauce recipes but, so far, they’ve each tried only one (the same one, coincidentally) and had fair success with it. But it’s never showed up a second time....

Ah, well, life’s a b I t c h and then ya die.... 🤨🙄

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

My sympathy, but: You haven't lived till you have subsisted for a year on state hospital powdered egg "omelets" served with prison-baked white bread, mini-hotdogs in canned tomato sauce served with powdered "mashed potatoes", etc.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, you’re right. I’m sure a state hospital would trump my situation by dint of “worseness” but I’ve been living in these facilities since October 2017.

Regardless, I take your point. 👍

My recent hospital stays, though thankfully brief, have introduced me to the ‘mechanical’ diet. You didn’t mention that aspect so I’m hoping you didn’t have to deal with it.

I visualize the device similar to a miniature stamp mill that pulverizes a piece of cooked meat into what looks and feels like sand. I would have preferred them just pureeing my food but.... 🤷

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no one but myself, my Wife, and my daughter to blame for the food quality that we eat now, since 85% of our food is now home cooked. I think we do alright, but I know that I could put more time and effort into it and make some big improvements.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

My mom always replied to our complaints with, "If and when you get hungry enough it'll taste just fine."

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know. How could I improve on shake n' bake and kraft mac n' cheese?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.