Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That the Unbelievably Stubborn Postal Service claims they didn't damage a package in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.   To quote the head troglodyte: "We didn't do that."   
    Friday, USPS left a $450 monitor on the street and marked it delivered to the porch.
    ON THE STREET at our front gate.
    We have no sidewalks, so the front yard gate opens onto the street.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting ready to say happy birthday on facebook, to an old school friend, but first feeling the need to check to see if they haven't died already. 

And writing that made me think of this,...... so you y'all get a twofer out of this. 

Also how certain forum members love to bit ch and moan about facebbok every time someone mentions facebook.   
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replacing the battery in an iPhone 5c and breaking the phone so bad it won't power up.

Ordering Hawaiian and getting Pepperoni and having to wait while they make a second pizza.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    USPS shows an unknown package was delivered yesterday from Davenport IA but there's no package.

Anyone send 9534611781049296418633
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    USPS shows an unknown package was delivered yesterday from Davenport IA but there's no package.

Anyone send 9534611781049296418633
    Fvcking Calvin...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Mystery solved, the package was for my daughter, not for me.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Waiting for the CCOM site to load while staring at a blank post only to realize that the forum has inserted a whole page of blank, random whitespace above the message that already loaded a while ago, I just had to scroll down.
    Yakster said:
    Waiting for the CCOM site to load while staring at a blank post only to realize that the forum has inserted a whole page of blank, random whitespace above the message that already loaded a while ago, I just had to scroll down.
    There’s a whole lot of that happenin’ lately. Must be something in the water....  😝
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idiots who post on YouTube and everywhere else online, really. You know, since the smartphone craze began and every chubby fingered moron suddenly gained access to the social media web, it's all been downhill. I'm primarily talking about the vast majority of people who are not intelligent enough to use a computer but who are just barely capable of swiping their Doritos stained diabetic finger across the screen or use speech to text and ask the Google bot everything so they don't strain their shriveled, fluoride laden brain any further.
    "Like, who is listening to this song in 2019? I AM! lol" -Smack

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hemroids!!!
    I knew adding cayenne and pepper flakes to my pot of beans was going to bite me in the arse. 
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, burns going in and burns coming out!!!! Ouch.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That way you can enjoy it twice!

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christmas shopping.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya know, it's a two-edged sword; for the last 20 years I haven't had to buy anyone a Christmas gift - my siblings decided to simplify things before that and draw names so it was only one gift to one person, and then around the turn of the century decided to cut that crap out too.  Around that time they said their kids, my nieces and nephews, had enough crap and we should stop buying them crap they didn't need.  So, boom, no more Christmas shopping.  But the two-edged sword part?  ...not having to buy for anyone means I don't have anyone to buy for.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    How about Walmart. All your pathetic woke politics aside.

Empty Shelves.
    Shelf contents backwards.
    Shelf contents upside down.
    Items still in boxes on shelves.
    Store brands replacing name brands.
    Bad produce.
    Out of date items.
    Just plain clutter.
    Stocking carts and oblivious stockers blocking everything.
    Seats for us ole f.arts to take a breather are all gone unless it is tax season.
    One check out line and no 20 items or less checkouts open.
    Cashiers celebrating old home week with some idiot who takes 20 mins to fill out a check.
    I got so pis.sed yesterday off waiting to check out with an overflowing cart I rolled it to the customer service desk and told them in no certain words why, and to put the stuff back on the shelves.
    Is it so hard to understand why so many little things that did not use to even be a thing, are mounting up and p.issing so many people off?
    Oh well, maybe it is just me. And it could very well be, with so many people who don't care and never say anything.

• Options
    jd50ae said:
    How about Walmart. All your pathetic woke politics aside.

Empty Shelves.
    Shelf contents backwards.
    Shelf contents upside down.
    Items still in boxes on shelves.
    Store brands replacing name brands.
    Bad produce.
    Out of date items.
    Just plain clutter.
    Stocking carts and oblivious stockers blocking everything.
    Seats for us ole f.arts to take a breather are all gone unless it is tax season.
    One check out line and no 20 items or less checkouts open.
    Cashiers celebrating old home week with some idiot who takes 20 mins to fill out a check.
    I got so pis.sed yesterday off waiting to check out with an overflowing cart I rolled it to the customer service desk and told them in no certain words why, and to put the stuff back on the shelves.
    Is it so hard to understand why so many little things that did not use to even be a thing, are mounting up and p.issing so many people off?
    Oh well, maybe it is just me. And it could very well be, with so many people who don't care and never say anything.

I meant to ask, "Is this happening all over, or is Milan saddled with a really bad store manager"?
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never been to the Milan Walmart, I can tell you that what you're describing sounds like Walmart.  I'm familiar with Martin, Paris, and Union City.  Union City's is the best managed of those 3, in my opinion.

I have been to the gun store by the Milan Walmart a few times, "Tactical" something or other.  I liked them, we bought my girlfriends pistol there.  Walther 22 semi-auto.  Pretty nice little pistol.  She liked it because it's way less kick than her .38 special, which knocks her back, and because "it's blue!  how cute!".  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like Wally's here.   I avoid the place as much as possible.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    I only remember going into Walmart when I've needed to pick up a trailer ball tow kit in a hurry, like when I'm going out of town with a boat or a tent trailer.
  • Options
    Seeing I'm on the bottom row of my box of New World Cameroons, then cracking the wrapper this morning when cutting it.

• Options
    Telling a CC issuer that I do not have a cell phone over and over and over
  • Options
    Right now everything. No tree, no lights, no gifts, both Dawn and I are hurting. Just got my new Medicare statement and I get all of $30.00 fricking bucks a month next year. But the ****  politicians can give themselves a $3000.00 a month raise. What is wrong with this country?????? We worked all our lives and put money in supposedly for our retirement and these bastards come along and steal it all for themselves. Why the fu@k is wrong with this picture????? I guess you can tell I'm pissed off and sick of it all. When's it going to stop????
  • Options
    Sorry, don't mean to sound like a pity party but just about had enough.
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    Sometimes it's good to vent, sometimes it's all you can do.
    Thanks ,Chris I really need it tonight.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Sleddog46 said:
    Yakster said:
    Sometimes it's good to vent, sometimes it's all you can do.
    Thanks ,Chris I really need it tonight.

There are a lot of people who don't care about anything. Who don't pay attention to anything. Who are perfectly happy in lala land. And there are a number of uncomprehending idiots on this forum, which is also systemic to the population.
    Venting shows you are paying attention. You can think and you see what is wrong. Like my venting it will do no good but it will help relieve the anger. Keep at it, you are not, and will not, ever be alone.
    Post edited by jd50ae on
  • Options
    Thanks @jd50ae, your thoughts and words mean alot!!!! Merry Christmas 
  • Options
    BadSneakersBadSneakers Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I try not to hate, but damn - I HATE people who prey on the elderly. There's only one group of predators I hate more than them, I'm sure you can guess who. 

I hate that so many home health aids think it's fine to just help themselves to elderly (or disabled) client's possessions. What's going on in their head, "they won't miss it and they'll be dead soon anyhow." What an ugly, nasty mindset. It's happening right now to someone I love and the person is too wrapped up in their own kindness to do anything about it. It's so frustrating. I know so many people who have watched as their parents were robbed blind by their home health aid/CNA. 

Now I'm certain that most HHAs are good people who do not steal. I'm focusing on the ones who have that predatory mindset. Who think of these people who rely on them as easy marks. Yes, I hate these people. I hate their mindset. 
    Post edited by BadSneakers on
    It's funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating. - Jack Handey